What are your Realistic expectations now ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
3 on the trot and the last 2 games played super footy.
Interested to hear fellow Silvertails expectations - good or bad, for the remainder of 2021....
I think the Penrith game will be a true indication of where we are, but as combinations are improved dramatically, along with attitude, with more potential to yet improve, I feel this is a Top 6 team....based on keeping this current side on the field.....
The main thing from my perspective is the team continues to compete regardless of the scoreline, if this happens with the quality in this team, will give themselves a chance every game...
My tip after 26 rounds - 6 - 7 with anything possible in finals footy

3 on the trot and the last 2 games played super footy.
Interested to hear fellow Silvertails expectations - good or bad, for the remainder of 2021....
I think the Penrith game will be a true indication of where we are, but as combinations are improved dramatically, along with attitude, with more potential to yet improve, I feel this is a Top 6 team....based on keeping this current side on the field.....
The main thing from my perspective is the team continues to compete regardless of the scoreline, if this happens with the quality in this team, will give themselves a chance every game...
My tip after 26 rounds - 6 - 7 with anything possible in finals footy
I think we should delay this question until after Saturday’s game which will be a real test of where we are.

My expectations are that if we get all our players back and have no other injuries
and Des Picks our best players available in the team we have a chance to dance in the big ball game at the end of the season

Well given the recent historical data ..

If Tom stays fit ... we win 78% of remaining games which would have us finish on 32 points and well into the 8 ...

The other possibility is Tom is out and we win only 16% and we finish on 10 points ...
The Snake had a phenomenal try scoring strike rate . He would strike like a lethal cobra at every chance and he was a great inspiration , influence and contributor to our team as well but he also had other players in the back line that were also a threat in attack and that is why our winning rate with out him was not as low as Toms
This Tommy winning rate exposes the quality of our other back line players because apart from Tommy which other back line players create those try scoring line breaks ?

I'm optimistic about our potential but dont want to get ahead of myself.

I think we'll have a better idea after our next 3 games (Panthers, Warriors & Broncos) as to our ability to make a top 8 spot.

What I want to see is vastly improved defence & desire against the Panthers (even if we lose that will be positive), another (more convincing) win over the Warriors & complete ownage of the Broncos.

If we can maintain the determination in defence we've displayed in our last 2 games for these next 3, then I think we're a certainty to make the 8 & give it a good shake up.

Wins against 3 middle-range or average teams where we admittedly we didn't allow them to play good footy, after 4 dire losses where we bent over and let teams put it where they wanted..

Hard to see where we sit imo.

Expectation is that we exorcise the demons of rounds 1-4 and play consistent footy as per last 3 rounds - Footy where we don't allow better teams than Titans/Tigers/Warriors to play their best games either. If we do that we will push for the 8 this year, and our Draw will allow it.

If we beat the Panthers by not allowing them to play their best brand of footy - rather than just catching them on a bad night - then that will be the best outcome. On the other side of that, if we lose to the Panthers and it somehow triggers that mental fragility from the earlier rounds then that will be the story of our year: hot and cold depending on the current mindset of the squad.

One thing I will say that has been encouraging with the recent 2 wins is that we aren't taking half the team home in an ambulance....fingers crossed I don't jinx 'em.

Realistically I think 7th or 8th.
We might lose to Penrith, and might be weak during Origin. That will prevent us catching up to consistently strong teams who have the jump on us already like Penrith, Melbourne, Souths, Parramatta, Roosters.
I think we are better than mid table teams like Cronulla, Newcastle, Gold Coast, Warriors, and bottom 4 like Bulldogs. Wests, Broncos, and Nth Qld.
We are at the level of Saints and Canberra at the moment.
So we can sneak in as long as Tom is there most of the year.
NYEagle

Can Turbo stay fit? Can Foran stay fit? Can Lawton come back and then stay fit? Is Des still getting an assistant..?

I think we get a clearer indication of what we can do - if we can stay healthy - by the end of May. So basically we'll know by the bye

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8