Whatmough's dough blown.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mals said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Trying to make a quick buck, anyway at least he's young enough to get that money back (over a very long term of course)

The worry is though Mark what is Choc qualified to do post footy?

Get a job like the rest of the world. I know women who have joined the workforce in their 40s and 50s without a problem.

eagleE said:
You are just speculating that he lost $1 million. It says he was part of a group of people. It doesn't say how many there was. Choc might have only invested $500 000 or paid for one unit and not over commuted himself. All investments are prone to go belly up at any minute.

I doubt it would even be that much. The article says Choc was part of a syndicate which is owed $2.96m, the article doesn't state that those 3 people named are the only ones who make up the syndicate either. With Mimis involved I'm guessing he'd have more than a few clients who would have ponied up the cash.

tookey said:

I was watching the Brett Fulton highlights DVD when I was typing that post. I meant Craig Mcdermott.

Hahahahaha. That's the funniest thing I've read here for ages. How could anyone have found enough highlights to put on a dvd, surely a joke !!!!

Man how happy would you be - you pay 6.5% to these blokes to manage your affairs (which seems pretty exhorbitant to me) and then for your trouble you find out its all gone pear shaped. So with a Watmough we are talking 20,000 pa plus in fee's. I dunno how these blokes stay in business.

Buy your own rental properties, create your own share portfolios - do basic research and bank the 6.5% that is being drained and you will finish up in front of 90% of your colleagues.

I guess if you are confident of finding a club for yourself the cheaper option is to hire a solicitor to look after your contract and a financial advisor to help with your money. Agents are thieves.

Couldn't agree more. I don't quite know what they do, apart from siting around holding your hand at the coffee shop. Do the deal yourself. It can't be that hard. Solicitor and accountant paid up front, not some percentage. If you think the clubs doing you over, move on.

Whatnow . Lol , cant expect much more from a bloke with an iq of a caramel doughnut

Im surprised he didnt put money into Peter Fosters Green Tea scam

barrack o barba said:
Whatnow . Lol , cant expect much more from a bloke with an iq of a caramel doughnut

From a scum dog supporter mentioning someone's lack of iq is extremely hypocritical.

Listening to the pathetic discourse of the bulldogs during their Mad Monday you would expect that their entire team has a total IQ in the minuses. Flicking pebbles from a very fragile glass house O' Barba.

barrack o barba said:

Yep. Should have put it all in the Oasis project and enjoy the profits from the resultant Stardome patronage...

Oh, wait.

barrack o barba said:

I would have invested in the green tea diet idea, but all my money is tied up in ostriches.

Sheikheagle said:
barrack o barba said:

From a scum dog supporter mentioning someone's lack of iq is extremely hypocritical.

Research has shown that most Bulldogs supporters have a reference,* not an Intelligence Quotient.

The upside is that those that have an IQ generally have a three-digit one.

The downside is that it's invariably preceded by a decimal point.;)

*Nothing to see here, move along.

Phantar said:
Sheikheagle said:
barrack o barba said:

Research has shown that most Bulldogs supporters have a reference,* not an Intelligence Quotient.

Given that ethos your IQ should be in 4 figures hey Phantar

barrack o barba said:
Phantar said:
Sheikheagle said:
barrack o barba said:

Is that a question?

Happy birthday Frank Pritchard! Did you know that Barrack?

Why is this guy hanging about on this Manly site still? He should just come out of the closet and admit to loving Manly.

Not sure whether 'ethos' is an appropriate noun to use in this instance BoB. Noting your quick 'bite' however, it looks like we might have a case of the old adage "the truth hurts" happening here.

Oh well, back to the salt mines. Bye now.

mozgrame said:
barrack o barba said:
Phantar said:
Sheikheagle said:
barrack o barba said:

Is that a question?

No I didnt , but its creepy you did ..

barrack o barba said:
mozgrame said:
barrack o barba said:
Phantar said:
Sheikheagle said:

Is that a question?

No I didnt , but its creepy you did ..

Hey tiger have you heard of the saying people in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones? maybe you should read about your heros antics in Mackay. Sounds like the one season wonder has a big head, its a shame that head went missing Grand Final Day.
BEN BARBA didn't come close to putting a foot wrong in his finest season in his short career - he won every award on offer and carried himself with class and dignity. It's a pity that he has slipped up in his home town of Mackay. During a night out, the Bulldogs fullback and his brother Aaron exchanged words with a former Queensland Origin player who merely wanted to say hello to the pair. Following that verbal confrontation things got physical and a scuffle ensued between the three men. The Barba boys then had a second verbal blue with another group moments later. Every time Barba was interviewed this season he made a point of saying the people he surrounded himself with at the Dogs were the reason for his success. It seems that he is telling the truth there and he needs to consider exactly with whom he lets his hair down. Barba, who scored 22 tries in 27 matches this year, was criticised for his display in the grand final when he did not have the impact that so many predicted - he was frustrated with himself and his teammates and let it show on the field as Canterbury went down to the Melbourne Storm. He will be one of the four most scrutinised players in the NRL next year, along with Sydney Roosters recruit Sonny Bill Williams, likely Parramatta outside back Israel Folau and Wests Tigers five-eighth Benji Marshall, so he needs to put this kind of behaviour behind him. It's not his thing. Bulldogs officials have addressed the matter with Barba and made him aware that he has a greater responsibility that is only going to increase as his profile rises.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/barba-loses-cool-in-home-town-20121103-28rdx.html#ixzz2BCV6omVn

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6