Who should we buy for next year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Nope. I wrote a lengthy post to someone else which just so hppened to make mention of you & your posts of late.

All anyone need do is read my post & your over the top, vindictive response. Seen it all before with you.

Sure. Will do.

My over the top vindictive response? Sigh. Are you simple? Why are we down this road? Is it because I raised you, and had a go?

No, its because you spoke smack about me in a post you didn't need to, and you got called out on it...and you hate that, because your embarrassed and ashamed of yourself.

How about keeping your thoughts on me to yourself, or raise them privately with me? Is it because you aren't strong/mature enough to discuss it with me privately?

Again, please don't raise me in an open forum. If you have concern, be man enough to confront me personally about it.

Oh, and like I said to ser8..we are dead last..we have lost 14 of our last 17 games...we have lost BOTH our halves...the coach has lost both his players and support from his employers...we lack any signings of note..our major sponsor may not be renewing...weve had to sack Hopoate, Tetevano among others..our players are recruiting for other teams...our players look and ADMIT energy is down...brookie oval is shameful...youve read about Matai as have I...we are completely ruined injury wise...players are having cracks at fans...

And your surprised i, and others have been addressing things in a negative way. Ummmmm..sure...if you dont understand why, then maybe your soaking up too much QLD sun or something?

The situation Manly find themselves in now isnt something we can hang our collective angry hat on & create a one inspired focal point of blame. Just like our infamous goat, Kelly/Club management cant be held responsible for every disappointment of current times.

I am not knocking you, but you said "big name players, nor up & comers will sign with Manly" and that is just rubbish, and its conveniently based upon Joe Kelly as being the dude responsible for making supporters feel comfortable with our future (player wise, especially).

Kelly got here when ?

I will tell you when. It was well after any timeframe that a CEO should feel like he is responsible for transforming or even alleviating a downward slide in a sporting team.

The bloke has been here 5 minutes. But of course every man & his dog wants the Titanic to turn on the proverbial dime. Player recruitment these days in the modern NRL takes months and sometimes overtures are commenced a year or more in advance.

The club cant perform miracles and announce important signings just to keep the fanbase cheery or to shut Ryan up. Who incidentally seemingly loves all the attention he receives in all this negativity towards Kelly & the club & the owners and whoever else is an easy target.

My point in all of this, is that Manly wont make important signings in days or weeks. It will take time and everyone who acts like a reactionary pork chop on here does so without the essential common sense view that club management have a plan and are implementing it. (with or without a signing such as Turgess.)
Mate, so far he has been a dud ..... agree it's not all his fault but he's not looking like he is in charge .... just sayin'

Hey, why are you dragging me into this? I'm not in the Kelly feud, I'm in the Foran liar feud. You're in so many feuds you are getting confused.

Completely different. I didn't make comment about your persona - I just reiterated what we were debating in a related topic.

Jatz attacked me for no reason.

One would have thought a person of your vocation would understand this?

And yes, I WILL debate the subject when I am being told things are honky dory right now, because they clearly aren't, and there are many that agree with me.

In fact, I received 2 recent PM's from people suggesting your just trying to get a rise out of me, but I reiterated to both that you actually DO think things are sweet, so I'm defending you.

Looks like were missing another one. Sezer reportedly going to Canberra. Our board is doing a great job in recruitment.
Poor Sezer, he will last about 3 games under Ricky. Not many halves have lasted long under him (figuratively):talking:

Poor Sezer, he will last about 3 games under Ricky. Not many halves have lasted long under him (figuratively):talking:
So Sezer wanted to go back to Sydney so he went to Canberra. That sounds like Ricky throwing Ricky money around. Elgey and Maloney is still a better combo.

Could we go with complete youth next season guys? Sprinkle in some experienced guys? Spend an absolute minimum cap wise, and FRONTLOAD some contracts?

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. George Taufua
03. Peta Hiku
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Clinton Gutherson
06. NYC half
07. Kane Elgey
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Ballin
10. Ligi Sao
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Jayden Hodges
15. Dunamis Lui
16. Luke Burgess
17. Josh Starling

If Matai as claimed wants a release, let him go.

If Stewart is dissolusioned, let him go.

Williams is out of favour, let him go.

Mason retires.

Hasson / Chee Kam signs elsewhere.

Our depth is Leary, Wiliame, Andrews, Blair and others.

Most importantly, we need a culture change. Players chomping at the bit to get in the team. Hard defense. The quality in the backline will eventually shine through.

Thoughts?

Could we go with complete youth next season guys? Sprinkle in some experienced guys? Spend an absolute minimum cap wise, and FRONTLOAD some contracts?

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. George Taufua
03. Peta Hiku
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Clinton Gutherson
06. NYC half
07. Kane Elgey
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Ballin
10. Ligi Sao
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Jayden Hodges
15. Dunamis Lui
16. Luke Burgess
17. Josh Starling

Mason retires.

Most importantly, we need a culture change. Players chomping at the bit to get in the team. Hard defense. The quality in the backline will eventually shine through.

Thoughts?

We'd get smashed week after week, maybe an odd win or two.

We need a few hard head forwards which will give the young halves time to shine.

I'm starting to think we will be lucky to sign anyone other than a few discards.

Could be a very long 2-3 years ahead of us !!

We'd get smashed week after week, maybe an odd win or two.

We need a few hard head forwards which will give the young halves time to shine.

I'm starting to think we will be lucky to sign anyone other than a few discards.

Could be a very long 2-3 years ahead of us !!

One thing I have noticed, is our players are ALL playing on their heels. The good teams both in attack and defense play on their toes.

All our forwards are shortening their strides prior to meeting the opposition defensive line, making them easy targets to manipulate and dominate in tackles.

Another issue for mine, is with a lack of confidence, ive noticed the forwards turning their backs last minute in the wrestle. This is why I think we get so injured so consistently. Tom Symonds is terrible at this (but I get it, because he's been so often injured).

Another thing is our defensive line is too immobile. The teams high on energy, and playing on their toes rush in defense (oor attack in defense).

All the above isn't skill. It's attitude and passion. Tooves and Georgearlis need to instill this.

I think our forwards are under rated. They just need to play more aggressive, on their toes, and more upright. Some of them are hitting the ground before a defender puts their hands on them.

Same goes for the backline as well. We have a good team, even with these injuries.

Get the attitude right, running style, defensive attitude, and you watch it turn around. We show it in rare patches (mainly when we get angry)..we just drop off.

Come on Tooves, fire thes boys up. On their toes, and not diving at the feet of defenders.

My concern is that our big buys are going to be Tamou,Wicks,Elgey and Maloney...this may look half decent on paper but I very much doubt it will put us back on the road to success.
Tamou...Bundy's off during critical moments in the game.
Wicks...Has been playing well for Parra...he'd add depth but hardly a marque signing.
Elgey...At this stage could be rocks or diamonds..and in the old day's we would never have put all our eggs in the basket of a 2 game 1st grade player, especially in such a vital position.
Maloney..Can be great at times but I'd say those times are fast disappearing and the Roosters are smart enough to know it's time to move him on...someone else's discard as opposed to someone to build a future around.
I never claim to have much footie insight...just my got feelings, so be free to pick it apart.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. George Taufua
03. Peta Hiku
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Clinton Gutherson
06. NYC half
07. Kane Elgey
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Ballin
10. Ligi Sao
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Jayden Hodges
15. Dunamis Lui
16. Luke Burgess
17. Josh Starling

Mason retires.

Thoughts?
That team is not going to get us anywhere short term or medium term. Probably doing the young no favour letting them get smashed every week.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. George Taufua
03. Peta Hiku
04. Jamie Lyon
05. Clinton Gutherson
06. NYC half
07. Kane Elgey
08. Jake Trbojevic
09. Matt Ballin
10. Ligi Sao
11. Feleti Mateo
12. Tom Symonds
13. Jamie Buhrer

14. Jayden Hodges
15. Dunamis Lui
16. Luke Burgess
17. Josh Starling

Mason retires.

Thoughts?

Riley Travers at five-eighth, make a play for Beau Scott, martin taupau or tyson frizell at second row, sign luke page and either james tamou or nate myles and sign paul carter on the cheap, keep snake at fullback and keep matai.

1 Stewart
2 Gutherson
3 Lyon
4 Matai
5 Hiku
6 Travers
7 Elgey +
8 Tamou + / Myles +
9 Ballin
10 Lawrence
11 J.Trbojevic / Beau Scott +
12 Buhrer
13 Mateo

14 Sene Lefao
15 Lui
16 L.Page + / J.Trbojevic
17 L.Burgess

Depth:
T.Trbojevic, Taufua, Hodges, P.Carter, Starling, Symonds, Sao, Demetriou, Littlejohn, Rudolph, Pearsall, Leary, Price, Garner, Williams, Pratt

Meanwhile jack **** happens until round 13, at which time Kelly realises he has in fact lost the two halves .

Until then, in the hope they change their minds, I doubt we are in the market for anyone!!

Ricky has given Shillington permission to look around. Should we be interested?

Ricky has given Shillington permission to look around. Should we be interested?
No. He is constantly injured, and hasn't bent the line in the two years and will be 32 by the time he gets here.

We need to be prepared to struggle for two years and build a young team. There is a lot of talk about us needed experience, but I think we already have it. Matt Ballin is the guy standing smack bang in the middle of the field (around all the forwards) and he has played 200 FG games. Jamie Lyon and Steve Matai are on either edge with a combined 450+ FG games between them. Brett Stewart who stands barking behind the defensive line has 200+ FG games to his name. Buhrer 100+, and Mateo 200+ (including one season in UK).

Fill the rest of the positions with youth like the Roosters did in 2012. It took them a year to rebuild. It will be harder than that for us, but I think it's the way to go.

Last edited:
For obvious reasons there is a lot of talk about what the club requires by way of recruitment. I thought it would be interesting to go through the 17 as it stands for next season, and see where the holes are.

1. Snake
2. Gutherson/Trbo
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Hiku/Taufua

9. Ballin
11.Buhrer
12.Symonds
13.Lui

14.Lawrence
15.Starling
16.Mateo
17.Sene-Lefao

To my way of thinking, we need starting props, and halves. The rest looks pretty good. Depending on how much money we have, we could purchase another back rower and push Sene-Lefao out of the top 17.

For obvious reasons there is a lot of talk about what the club requires by way of recruitment. I thought it would be interesting to go through the 17 as it stands for next season, and see where the holes are.

1. Snake
2. Gutherson/Trbo
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Hiku/Taufua

9. Ballin
11.Buhrer
12.Symonds
13.Lui

14.Lawrence
15.Starling
16.Mateo
17.Sene-Lefao

To my way of thinking, we need starting props, and halves. The rest looks pretty good. Depending on how much money we have, we could purchase another back rower and push Sene-Lefao out of the top 17.
Lui and Gutho need to be resigned

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10