Who should we buy for next year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Yeah so those saying we shouldn't waste money on a guy like Tom Burgess should probably cool their jets a little...

Our bench average 50 metres and our starting forwards average 90 metres . Toovey has done an amazing job with a forward pack that makes the least amount of metres in the NRL .

I'd love to see what Toovey could do with a forward pack no made up from undersized rejects

Get rid of Starling/Horo/JSL/Starling/Mason and replace them with Klemmer/T.Burgess and another quality 2nd rower.

Mason has been good but he will be cannon fodder next year.

Klemmer off contract after next year, but what's a contract these days. Tom is nowhere near as good as Sam, he's a little one dimensional like George but will get us going forward. Jake T has the toughness and skill to lead a pack with these two in it.

Klemmer is an absolute beast. Over 200m yesterday against the premiers was very impressive. Dogs have re-signed all their other props and we might be able to sneak under their guard and pinch him.
Either that or Des can bring him with him next year.

Jsl has definitely been unimpressive so far, the coaching staff loved his off season but he's not doing a lot imo.
I don't want to get rid of Starling, at least not before seeing him play a few games, he might have improved in the off season.

Both would be great signings but neither is going to happen. The club has a heap of money (the managers know this) and big name players or even players on the up will not be joining the club. What the club has to do is UPGRADE and extend both the Trbojevic boy's because other clubs are circling. Both young man want to stay which is a start but they are both reluctant to commit long term until they get an idea of the playing strength around them. The positive is both boy's want to stay.

How do you personally know that "big named players or even players on the up will not be joining the club "....I'm waiting to hear your reply, scoop !

You pay any player double what they are on and they would sign in a heartbeat, no matter what the roster looked like. Klemmer and Tom wouldn't be on much atm.

I love JSL; always playing with a big smile on his face and always giving it everything he's got. Klemmer is a thug. Plus, JSL would make training fun and people would want to play with him, I doubt that's the case with Klemmer. If everyone in this Manly side played with the enthusiasm and effort of JSL, then we'd challenge for the Top 4.

Lol players won't want to come to our club? What ****ing nonsense. We have money, good juniors, good facilities and great location. But we need to sort out these apparent behind the scene coaching issues. Either make it clear tooves gets to rebuild or get rid of him (I definitely don't want this) and get stability in the club.

Don't think so please enlighten me to the big name players the club is close to signing. I'll gladly apologise to Joe when the club signs someone who is regarded as a big name. I guess you believed Foran and DCE were both staying also? I guess you are talking Tom Burgess as a big name? I don't see him as a big name either way he is playing Joe.

Since your a boot, I think I will nickname you Schlossy.

Jatz not a kid just someone with some information but i guess like Ryan found out best not to post it because people just ridicule you. As I said Burgess was playing Joe not that it's hard and was never signing with us.

The situation Manly find themselves in now isnt something we can hang our collective angry hat on & create a one inspired focal point of blame. Just like our infamous goat, Kelly/Club management cant be held responsible for every disappointment of current times.

I am not knocking you, but you said "big name players, nor up & comers will sign with Manly" and that is just rubbish, and its conveniently based upon Joe Kelly as being the dude responsible for making supporters feel comfortable with our future (player wise, especially).

Kelly got here when ?

I will tell you when. It was well after any timeframe that a CEO should feel like he is responsible for transforming or even alleviating a downward slide in a sporting team.

The bloke has been here 5 minutes. But of course every man & his dog wants the Titanic to turn on the proverbial dime. Player recruitment these days in the modern NRL takes months and sometimes overtures are commenced a year or more in advance.

The club cant perform miracles and announce important signings just to keep the fanbase cheery or to shut Ryan up. Who incidentally seemingly loves all the attention he receives in all this negativity towards Kelly & the club & the owners and whoever else is an easy target.

My point in all of this, is that Manly wont make important signings in days or weeks. It will take time and everyone who acts like a reactionary pork chop on here does so without the essential common sense view that club management have a plan and are implementing it. (with or without a signing such as Turgess.)

The situation Manly find themselves in now isnt something we can hang our collective angry hat on & create a one inspired focal point of blame. Just like our infamous goat, Kelly/Club management cant be held responsible for every disappointment of current times.

I am not knocking you, but you said "big name players, nor up & comers will sign with Manly" and that is just rubbish, and its conveniently based upon Joe Kelly as being the dude responsible for making supporters feel comfortable with our future (player wise, especially).

Kelly got here when ?

I will tell you when. It was well after any timeframe that a CEO should feel like he is responsible for transforming or even alleviating a downward slide in a sporting team.

The bloke has been here 5 minutes. But of course every man & his dog wants the Titanic to turn on the proverbial dime. Player recruitment these days in the modern NRL takes months and sometimes overtures are commenced a year or more in advance.

The club cant perform miracles and announce important signings just to keep the fanbase cheery or to shut Ryan up. Who incidentally seemingly loves all the attention he receives in all this negativity towards Kelly & the club & the owners and whoever else is an easy target.

My point in all of this, is that Manly wont make important signings in days or weeks. It will take time and everyone who acts like a reactionary pork chop on here does so without the essential common sense view that club management have a plan and are implementing it. (with or without a signing such as Turgess.)

@Jatz Crackers Wow buddy, you are ON FIRE!!!

Kelly got here when ?

Hey dickhead, piss off and leave me out your argument with someone else.

This is the type of reason I didnt put you forward for that job.

I aint taking your cheap shots you clown without replying in kind.

Over reactionaries. .where are we on the ladder, and who are our halves again next season you idiot? Exactly.

Now **** off and argue with Desert Boot without raising my name up. Moron.

Last edited:
Wasnt arguing with someone else.

My post was no cheap shot.

Just no need to respond to the rest of it. Just too funny for words.

Wasnt arguing with someone else.

My post was no cheap shot.

Just no need to respond to the rest of it. Just too funny for words.

You were attempting to antagonise, and received a deserved response. Don't rip people and expect a free ride.

If you didnt take a cheap shot, we wouldn't be here.

This is all you. Hopefully your bright enough to comprehend that and have taken a lesson out of it and improved yourself as the result.

Looks like were missing another one. Sezer reportedly going to Canberra. Our board is doing a great job in recruitment.

You were attempting to antagonise, and received a deserved response. Don't rip people and expect a free ride.

Nope. I wrote a lengthy post to someone else which just so hppened to make mention of you & your posts of late.

If you didnt take a cheap shot, we wouldn't be here.

All anyone need do is read my post & your over the top, vindictive response. Seen it all before with you.

This is all you. Hopefully your bright enough to comprehend that and have taken a lesson out of it and improved yourself as the result.

Sure. Will do.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10