Who should we buy for next year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
For obvious reasons there is a lot of talk about what the club requires by way of recruitment. I thought it would be interesting to go through the 17 as it stands for next season, and see where the holes are.

1. Snake
2. Gutherson/Trbo
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Hiku/Taufua

9. Ballin
11.Buhrer
12.Symonds
13.Lui

14.Lawrence
15.Starling
16.Mateo
17.Sene-Lefao

To my way of thinking, we need starting props, and halves. The rest looks pretty good. Depending on how much money we have, we could purchase another back rower and push Sene-Lefao out of the top 17.

Luke Burgess signed on for two years didn't he ?

For obvious reasons there is a lot of talk about what the club requires by way of recruitment. I thought it would be interesting to go through the 17 as it stands for next season, and see where the holes are.

1. Snake
2. Gutherson/Trbo
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Hiku/Taufua

9. Ballin
11.Buhrer
12.Symonds
13.Lui

14.Lawrence
15.Starling
16.Mateo
17.Sene-Lefao

To my way of thinking, we need starting props, and halves. The rest looks pretty good. Depending on how much money we have, we could purchase another back rower and push Sene-Lefao out of the top 17.

In all honesty...I'm not to sure how many other teams would be intimidated by the forwards and the bench you've listed.
I realise we can't have stars in every position but if I was a supporter from another club there's not to many that I'd be targeting from Manly....and that's a sad thing to admit.

Luke Burgess signed on for two years didn't he ?

Luke Burgess is and was a fringe 1st grader when signing. As Kelly said, he wasn't getting 1st grade opportunities at South's. Go back a few years, I don't think Burgess would make our team either.

The worrying part now, is he's one of our best, which says a lot about the commitment of the others.

That being said, tweek a few things, and I think the forwards are much better than the effort they are showing.

Need to aim for quality - not quantity
The thing is we have turned average players into good players in the past due to more than great coaching....We have had superstars around them in the past & it has enabled them to play to a good level....today these star players have either left the club, aged to a point they are only 80% of the player they were or carrying reacurring injuries, OR - for whatever reason - unhappy/leaving.
Theres a crop of youngsters (4 or 5) who are as good as any juniors in that 18-20yo bracket - KEEP THEM FIRST...they are long term Seaeagles who WANT to be here.
Agree to a point with Ryan's 17 though needs to be sprinkled with 3 NEW world class stars.....The desperation for 2 halves is debatable, imo1 is a MUST, but I believe we have a few canditates who can fill into the other half role with an aging Lyon a good solid 6 imo.
The main issue I see is WHO is available - I mean in a perfect world would love players in the Taumololo, Scott, Cordner, Pearce, Thurston callibre but unfortunately, the players available are 1 or 2 classes below these blokes.....unless the miracle of miracles happened - Sam Burgess to Manly! Its getting towards Fantasy St to keep mentioning Sam, but of all the possabilities out there - this excites me the most by about 500%

Need to aim for quality - not quantity
The thing is we have turned average players into good players in the past due to more than great coaching....We have had superstars around them in the past & it has enabled them to play to a good level....today these star players have either left the club, aged to a point they are only 80% of the player they were or carrying reacurring injuries, OR - for whatever reason - unhappy/leaving.
Theres a crop of youngsters (4 or 5) who are as good as any juniors in that 18-20yo bracket - KEEP THEM FIRST...they are long term Seaeagles who WANT to be here.
Agree to a point with Ryan's 17 though needs to be sprinkled with 3 NEW world class stars.....The desperation for 2 halves is debatable imo1 is a MUST, but I believe we have a few canditates who can fill into the other half role with an aging Lyon a good solid 6 imo.
The main issue I see is WHO is available - I mean in a perfect world would love players in the Taumololo, Scott, Cordner, Pearce, Thurston callibre but unfortunately, the players available are 1 or 2 classes below these blokes.....unless the miracle of miracles happened - Sam Burgess to Manly! Its getting towards Fantasy St to keep mentioning Sam, but of all the pssibilities out there - this excites me the most by about 500%

Well said mate. I also think Lyon / Mateo or at a stretch Buhrer would make handy 5/8's. Put it this way, none of them would be worse than Foran is right now.

In all honesty...I'm not to sure how many other teams would be intimidated by the forwards and the bench you've listed.
I realise we can't have stars in every position but if I was a supporter from another club there's not to many that I'd be targeting from Manly....and that's a sad thing to admit.
Yeah it's not a fantastic bench. But...the fact that two of the props on that bench were our regular starting props last season and we were two points off the minor premiership, tells me that they can at least get the job done. I wouldn't want either starting, but as bench props, they are OK. Mateo is a capable impact player, and JSL is solid without being spectacular. I am just being realistic, and although we have 2 mil spare, by the time you sign some props and halves, there will not be much left.

1. Snake
2. Gutherson/Trbo
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Hiku/Taufua

8. Lawrence
9. Ballin
11.Buhrer
12.Symonds
13.Lui

14.Jake T
15.Starling
16.Mateo
17.Sene-Lefao / Hodges

Lawrence, when 100% fit should be one of our starting props. I would expect next year Jake.T to be in the 17 every week. I think Hodges needs more game time at NRL level as well, especially with the new ruck rules. The game is faster. So we realistically need 2 solid halves and a starting prop.

If Lawrences back is gone, he may never be back. Certainly a big ask to expect him back at the same level. Which is a huge shame.

Our current 2016 team IMO

Considering Tyson Andrews, Uiti Baker, Delroy Berryman, Cheyse Blair, Michael Chee-Kam, Clinton Gutherson, James Hasson, Justin Horo, Jordan Latham, Jack Littlejohn, Dunamis Lui, Willie Mason, Manaia Rudolph, Ligi Sao, Tony Satini, Siosaia Vave, David Williams are all still off contract

1. Stewart
2. T Trbojecic
3. Lyon/Williame
4. Matai
5. Hiku/Williame
6. Lyon/Hiku
7. Travers
8. Starling
9. Ballin
10. J Trbojevic
11. Symonds
12. Burher
13. Mateo

14. Lawrence
15. JSL
16. L Burgess
17. Hodges

So first things first, re-sign Gutherson, Lui, Latham and Sao,

Then........

Sign Elgey

Sign 1 of Maloney, Sezer

Sign 2 of Jack Littlejohn, Mania Rudolph, Christian Hazard, Samisoni Langi, Shannon Crook, Isaac John

Sign 1 of Snowden, Myles

Sign 2 of Ofahngaue, Gremsuvhl, Page, Paul Carter

If we can fit in McInnes and believe that Hodges is not the answer then by all means

Ideally i would go

Elgey, Maloney/Sezer, John, Crook, Snowden, Ofahngaue, Gremsuvhl

1. Stewart
2. T Trbojevic/Gutherson
3. Lyon
4. Matai
5. Hiku
6. Maloney/Sezer
7. Elgey
8. Snowden
9. Ballin
10. J Trbojevic
12. Burher
13. Lui

With Starling, Lawrence, L Burges Mateo, JSL, Ofahngaue, Gremvsuhl, Symonds and Sao fighting it out for the remaining 5 places

Vidot into the pack would work.

I'd also prefer Gutho at 5/8 than Hiku. When Gutho is able to train again they should just run him in sessions as a 5/8

I agree, i think Gutho could make a good 5/8

First things first though, we need to re-sign him

I agree, i think Gutho could make a good 5/8

First things first though, we need to re-sign him
haha true. I read in the Daily that they were working on it. I think that was one of the quick wins Joe Kelly was talking about. Good thing about Gutho is he has a handy short kicking game (not sure about long) but also has a great drop out.

Lawrence, when 100% fit should be one of our starting props. I would expect next year Jake.T to be in the 17 every week. I think Hodges needs more game time at NRL level as well, especially with the new ruck rules. The game is faster. So we realistically need 2 solid halves and a starting prop.
I have to be honest, apart from a bumper 2013, he has done nothing to impress me. If you look at the props across all 16 teams, they all have rep players in either 8 or 10; every last one, including the Titans,Sharks and Canberra. Lawrence is a solid bench prop, and with injury, he may not even be that anymore.

I agree with you on Jake T, he should be in the 17 somewhere next year.

Fred Flintstone and Homer Simpson look like being our starting props at this stage.

Or are they the halves solution???

No, its because you spoke smack about me in a post you didn't need to

Really, lol, I spoke "smack". Did you get that mean talk from watching wrestling ?

So to summarise, here is what your current over reaction, attention seeking, drama queen acting has been all about.

I wrote:
The club cant perform miracles & announce signings to shut Ryan up. Who incidentally seemingly loves all the attention he receives in all this negativity towards Kelly & the club & the owners and whoever else is an easy target.

Your response:
Hey dickhead, piss off
I aint taking your cheap shots you clown
who are our halves again next season you idiot?
Now **** off and argue with Desert Boot
Are you simple?

Clearly an attention seeking over reactionary who is coming across more like an angry mosquito than a person who makes reasonable comments.

I dont deal with annoying fleas or mosquitoes like you any longer, its a waste of my time. Consider yourself swatted & rejected, and that includes any whinge laden replies or PMs crying out for more attention as they wont be responded to.

Really, lol, I spoke "smack". Did you get that mean talk from watching wrestling ?

So to summarise, here is what your current over reaction, attention seeking, drama queen acting has been all about.

I wrote:

Your response:

Clearly an attention seeking over reactionary who is coming across more like an angry mosquito than a person who makes reasonable comments.

I dont deal with annoying fleas or mosquitoes like you any longer, its a waste of my time. Consider yourself swatted & rejected, and that includes any whinge laden replies or PMs crying out for more attention as they wont be responded to.

Boo Hoo. You can dish it out, but if it gets returned, you run off like a scared little child.

Like I say, I hope you learned a valuable lesson about sending vitriol towards a person.

This is the real world. Give, and you shall receive. If your not man enough to deal with that, then you just run off and hide if that's your choosing.

Boo Hoo. You can dish it out, but if it gets returned, you run off like a scared little child.

Like I say, I hope you learned a valuable lesson about sending vitriol towards a person.

This is the real world. Give, and you shall receive. If your not man enough to deal with that, then you just run off and hide if that's your choosing.
WTF? Now men .... shake hands and agree to disagree .... you support the same team. Save the anger for the enemy.

WTF? Now men .... shake hands and agree to disagree .... you support the same team. Save the anger the enemy.

None of this would have happened if Jatz hadn't had a go at me when having a discussion with someone else. There was no need for it, and I called him out.

Now he has run off and hidden.

Each to their own.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12