Who should we buy for next year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
hasson needs to go, horo to go, blair, vave (good potential but too far down the pecking order), mason might retire but hopefully not, maybe chee kam as hes off contract but hes brought the family to manly so wouldnt mind him staying.

re sign ballin (pretty much done) lui (100% resign hes a gun) andrews littlejohn, rudolph, sao, wolfman (on a bag of chips) and mason if he doesnt retire

Chez is gone and Z and the egomaniacs of the Senior Playing Group are to blame. :mad:
Barba may end up at the Titans with Chez next year.

Flanno openly bags him in interviews and its only Round 3 :cool:
Yeah well your probably right, the other fu$k wits of our game NRL own the Titans , so they can have what they want, DCE is probably on the phone to barba and flanno, bargaining a release for him..... Probably at half time this week.

Nrl 360 just said 3 Sydney teams are lining up James tamou for next season. I know he has guys detractors but I would take him in a heart beat.

Tamou hit a massive purple patch just before he was last off contract". He was the best prop in the game. Then he suckered Cowboys into playing top dollar based on that form.. And he has sucked ever since.

He used to break tackles, offload, smash through the line. Now he backs into the defence and meekly submits.

Contract player, and nothing more. Bad for a club.

Snowden is the prop I'd be targeting, finally injury free and killing it again.

Last edited:
As for Barba, firstly wanting him at Manly was a joke. Secondly, the rumour is linking him to Dane Nielson and if it's true then I imagine it's a year min on the sidelines for Boozey Benny the lady Basher...

As for Barba, firstly wanting him at Manly was a joke. Secondly, the rumour is linking him to Dane Nielson and if it's true then I imagine it's a year min on the sidelines for Boozey Benny the lady Basher...
Well, where's the infomation coming from...... Don't just throw us chips..... Spill ya guts.

It's on the Tele now but saying he's in the clear. The rumour was whatever Nielson did, Barba was right there with him.

What's going on with Barba. The sharks just signed him. Don't they rate him anymore?

If true his fall from grace is monumental. I have never seen a player have a season like he did in 2012.

This sounds interesting..... Tell us more......could even possibly help keep DCE if he was released.......... I live in hope our management come to there senses and try to correct one of the biggest fu$k ups in its history.......this will haunt us mark my words, still filthy at these cock head amateurs.

wrong, the worst f*#k up in history for us would be signing ben barba

and false about tamou, yes his form has been very off for the past year but i still think he has ability.
then again if tom burgess is on the market id definitely take him over tamou any day of the week

If you had to chose one of them .... Barba or the Bubbler? I hate 'em both but I would chose bubbler boy

Other than props, I would like to see us promote from within, at the moment.

I think Tamou has still got plenty to offer & also agree Snowden who disappeared for 2 years but is back on his game - would be great, add Tom Burgess & its a realistic few fowards that still leaves cash for 6 & 7.
Theres another bloke I have noticed in an ordinary team called Canberra.
Think his name is Vaughan & seems a likely lump who carts the ball well & takes no sh** - I like his style.

I'd take Albert Kelly with a suspect leg long before i'd even consider bubbler boy or basher. The last two are just straight out No.

I'd take Albert Kelly with a suspect leg long before i'd even consider bubbler boy or basher. The last two are just straight out No.
To be fair Kelly is an outstanding attacking talent but is just as likely to snatch a loss from the mouth of victory as he is of winning the game - too much of a lottery but compared with what else is out there - not the worst - in fact would make plenty of highlight reels - both good & bad.....

- In the forwards I would bring back big Georgie Rose who is off contract at the Draqueens and would also take any of the remaining Burgess clan that may become available. As much as I can't stand the guy, I wish we had thrown some cash at JWH before he resigned with the rorters.

- In the halves, there are no superstars on the market so there is no point breaking the bank this year . If Widdop wants out of the Queens he would be a good buy. Rangi Chase is killing it at halfback in the Superleague and Wigans Matty Smith would also do a good job for a couple of seasons should he want to test himself in a real Rugby League competition.

I rate Ray Thompson at the Cowboys, he definitely has potential & would come cheap.

I also think we should throw Josh Drinkwater a lifeline as he showed some great potential when he was at Manly and will play for peanuts.

Tamou hit a massive purple patch just before he was last off contract". He was the best prop in the game. Then he suckered Cowboys into playing top dollar based on that form.. And he has sucked ever since.

He used to break tackles, offload, smash through the line. Now he backs into the defence and meekly submits.

Contract player, and nothing more. Bad for a club.

Snowden is the prop I'd be targeting, finally injury free and killing it again.
I think he still has it in him, his form since 2012 has been down but he hasn't had much luck with injuries, especially his neck.
Snowden is very unlikely to leave Newcastle, he's from here and they're paying him well, plus they're thin on props. The knights will keep him.
Just watched a game on fox sports 1, tweed vs northern pride. Kane Elgey was playing. He looks good, a little small but he had some agro in defense and his kicking game looks sweet (he kicked goals too). I like him, and given what's out there for halves I think he's easily our best option. Might take money to get him down here but I believe we could do it.

It's an important year for our recruitment team, in the past we have been ahead of the game in identifying young talent and cherry picking from experienced players that need a freshen-up at a new club.

The loss of the halves might suggest our management has lost its marbles, or it may be that losing both was always contemplated.

I'd be happy if we targeted (and landed) a top prop - Burgess, Bromwich, Matulino ( doesn't matter if they're under contract) plus a couple of top young 'footballers' of any position, Peachey types. That would certainly replenish our squad, we don't need necessarily to nab the 'big-name' type halves on offer.

Halfback: Elgey, Rankin, Rangi Chase, Cornish

Five Eighth: Widdop, Maloney, Nikorima, T.Burns

Prop: Tom Burgess

If we have spare money, one or two out of:
Beau Scott
Mose Masoe

2nd option to t burgess would be tamou or offer klemmer big money (highly unlikely)

Wouldnt mind giving rudolph a run at five eighth this year as well, seems to have potential

Last edited:
In Dreamland:
DCE reneges on GC and signs on with Manly
Korbin and Tariq Sims have a falling out with Knights coach and have both their contracts terminated, then join Manly

Realistically:
T. Burgess
Tamou
Widdop
Hopoate

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14