Why so many injuries?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Actually yes and I'll tell you why. Other teams seem to go to the edges more when running the ball back from a kick or during early tackle hit up's when forwards are lumbering back onside. Its also why a lot of other teams seem to make more ground than we do. Our backs have this habit of trying to run towards the middle of the field. For argument sake, someone like Reuben Garrick would be far better off trying to use his pace out wide on returns or hit ups than he would trying to run through a wall of 110+ kg defenders. Yet time and time again, where does he and our other outside backs run to? The middle of the field where they often get smashed and pushed back.

As I said in another thread ... players need to be smarter. If you've got a wall of forwards in front of you spread out across the middle of the field, yet you're opposite backs are questionable defenders with average pace, you don't run into the forwards where you'll be gang tackled, especially if you're a 90 kg outside back. There is tough and there is smart. Outside backs need to be tough as well as forwards, but ours need to be a lot smarter in how they play.

This frustrates me no end!

I know bringing the ball back through the middle is so there are options left & right from the ensuing tackle but when there's space out wide & the wingers & fullback continually come back up the middle, it really limits the ground that can be made on the first & even second tackles or, god forbid, a potential line break & backline movement down the field that could result in a try.

This frustrates me no end!

I know bringing the ball back through the middle is so there are options left & right from the ensuing tackle but when there's space out wide & the wingers & fullback continually come back up the middle, it really limits the ground that can be made on the first & even second tackles or, god forbid, a potential line break & backline movement down the field that could result in a try.

You watch teams like Melbourne, Chooks, Panthers, Souffs. Hell, even Doesn't-matta do it a lot more these days (i.e. the teams up top of the ladder). Their players back themselves out wide and they make ground. Very rarely do you see a Josh Add-Carr, Alex Johnston or Maika Sivo running the ball back into the middle. They all try and use their pace out wide against back's who aren't always the best defenders. And low and behold, a lot of times it works.

On kick returns and in early tackles, our outside backs continually run the ball into the middle, and continually get smashed.

Last edited:
Why was AFB and Cust chosen to play tonight where it was obvious they were both injured?
And now they are more injured!!

Why do we continue to get injuries training and in games.
It is happening with our young guns too and bewn happening for a few years now.

I don't see this happening at Penrith who have lots of young guys like us, or most other clubs when you think about it.

Do we need to get rid of Donny and get into the 22nd century?

Why do we continue to get injuries training and in games.
It is happening with our young guns too and bewn happening for a few years now.

I don't see this happening at Penrith or most other clubs.

Do we need to get rid of Donny and get into the 2nd century?
I thought we had a pretty good run last year with injuries.

Hard to know the cause. I expect we are evolving and applying modern techniques for treatment and recovery. Wet training and playing surfaces don’t help. This season be be a war of attrition and our depth is critical we need 30 players good enough to play 1st grade now.

Every team gets smashed by injuries these days, we just dont really take note of other teams cause we don't live or die by their results.

Part an parcel off bigger faster players in a quicker game

Last edited:
Injuries up until now (potentially some back for round 1).

Broncos - 3
Raiders - 3
Dogs - 2
Sharks - 2
Titans - 2
Manly - 4
Storm - 4
Knights - 5
Warriors - 1
Cows - 2
Eels - 4
Panthers - 3
Rabbits - 2
Dragons - 5
Roosters - 2
Tigers - 6
Next you write "Storm", spell it "cheating scum"....we'll all know who your talking about.

Yep,last year was one of the best in regards to having a full strength team for such an extended period,especially with the players that matter
Siro Jetski Boyle Davey missed most of the season, but we probably didn't notice so much because the replacements went so well.

Siro Jetski Boyle Davey missed most of the season, but we probably didn't notice so much because the replacements went so well.
Speaking of Gosiewski,I turned over to watch a bit of the Charity Shield last week and the first thing I saw was him taking a hit up and looking a lot more bulked up.The second thing I saw was Gosiewski reeling away from said hit up,in the arms of the Dragons trainer with an injury.Three of the players you mentioned were/are perpetually injured and Davey’s was an in game injury

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10