Why so many injuries?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I’m not trying to say that the following is a cause, but I found it quite interesting. I was listening to a podcast with Lachlan Croker and he was asked about Donny. He said that Donny is old school, they do 4 days of cardio and 3 days of fieldwork, and no other club splits it like that.

Marty, back strain
Guac, dislocated elbow
Walker, knee injury
Shoe, syndesmosis sprain

Remind me again how any of these are related to training methods?

I’m not a doctor, but it’s a little bit concerning that Schuster was injured in training last year and this year. His comeback last year was also delayed due to setbacks at training. It happened to a few others as well I believe.

I’ve heard that Nathan Gibbs was concerned with some of the practices in place last year, and it’s enough for me to have some doubts. I’m not losing sleep over it, but I’m not going to bury my head in the sand either and just assume it’s all down to bad luck.

Marty, back strain
Guac, dislocated elbow
Walker, knee injury
Shoe, syndesmosis sprain

Remind me again how any of these are related to training methods?

It could be all of them. How the **** would we know

That is the point of our questions. Seriously, how could Marty screw his back up by twisting it? Too much time doing weights and not enuf time stretching.

I see all these videos of the Eagles running and lifting weights. Zero of them stretching.

How so you think Cam Smith lasted for so long. He was flexible big time

All this ads to the Eagles not being in the same postcode of sota training methods

Last edited:
I’m not a doctor, but it’s a little bit concerning that Schuster was injured in training last year and this year. His comeback last year was also delayed due to setbacks at training. It happened to a few others as well I believe.

I’ve heard that Nathan Gibbs was concerned with some of the practices in place last year, and it’s enough for me to have some doubts. I’m not losing sleep over it, but I’m not going to bury my head in the sand either and just assume it’s all down to bad luck.
Fair enough, Gibbs is highly regarded and well credentialed but team doctors rarely have much to do with players unless they're injured. Once they are injured the doctor should have final say on when they return, if that wasn't the case last year it is a valid concern.

The injuries this year are not reoccurrences of existing injuries they are contact related and no sporting club in the world has ever managed to prevent injury from being impacted or twisted in an awkward way.

It could be all of them. How the **** would we know

That is the point of our questions. Seriously, how could Marty screw his back up by twisting it? Too much time doing weights and not enuf time stretching.

I see all these videos of the Eagles running and lifting weights. Zero of them stretching.

How so you think Cam Smith lasted for so long. He was flexible big time

All this ads to the Eagles not being in the same postcode of sota training methods
So, backs aren't susceptible to being twisted the wrong way, you haven't seen any stretching videos and Cam smith was durable = ****ty training methods.
Am I getting that right?

Fair enough, Gibbs is highly regarded and well credentialed but team doctors rarely have much to do with players unless they're injured. Once they are injured the doctor should have final say on when they return, if that wasn't the case last year it is a valid concern.

The injuries this year are not reoccurrences of existing injuries they are contact related and no sporting club in the world has ever managed to prevent injury from being impacted or twisted in an awkward way.

I think Haumole’s is the same elbow which is a worry. It was from something which will happen regularly in a season too.

As I said, I’m not going to hang these guys yet, but it’s a worrying start considering Gibbs’ concerns and subsequent departure due to his concerns not being acted upon.

I think Haumole’s is the same elbow which is a worry. It was from something which will happen regularly in a season too.

As I said, I’m not going to hang these guys yet, but it’s a worrying start considering Gibbs’ concerns and subsequent departure due to his concerns not being acted upon.
Maybe too many "people's elbows" at wrestling sessions.

100% agree, just pushing back on the hysteria.

I wouldn't be too stressed just yet, disagreements among medical types about treatments etc are hardly a rarity. Dr Gibbs has a good name in the game but so does the bloke we replaced him with, Dr Paul Bloomfield.

According to Linkedin he has been a sports physician for nearly 30 years, and skills include sports injuries and injury prevention. He was previously Manly club doctor from Jan 200 to Oct 2012; was NRL Chief Medical Officer 2015 to 2021; and aside from the Manly job he is currently also Medical Consultant to the RLPA

This is the current medical and training staff. Seem to have most areas covered.
MWSE Squad Contract Status & Top 30 List

I suspect someone as meticulous as Des would be aware that it's an advantage to have your expensive players fit and able to to take the field, rather than missing games.
As for stretching, I'm sure they do plenty. I know Manly had the players doing yoga years ago.

So, backs aren't susceptible to being twisted the wrong way, you haven't seen any stretching videos and Cam smith was durable = ****ty training methods.
Am I getting that right?

Only point I am making is stretching seems to be new age, and it works in preventing injuries.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10