Will Manly make the Eight ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Will Manly Make semis ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Manly will make the eight if Toovey is coaching.
Injuries aside there is too much talent in the side to not finish strongly.

Availability and selection will determine how strong we are when it counts.

Don't know about availability through injury, but on tonight's performance we will be at full "strength" during the origin months: ain't no one getting picked for rep duties based on the rubbish dished up tonight!

As for the original question..... Unless there's a MAJOR change in the attitude of the playing group in general (and a few over priced "stars" in particular) we are f*cked, and won't trouble any of the stronger clubs this year.

Tonight was a very parramatta like performance.

Unfortunately I agree Bob. We have a pack that is full of Journeymen and former bench players and the young blokes aren't learning anything off them. We miss Lawrence and Leary was looking the goods until Willy snapped his back. Still can't understand how Chee Kam hasn't been given a run?
Cause Chee kam hasn't been doing anything in NSW cup and Andrews was our best in nsw cup today

We won't make the eight but that is not the issue.10 years in a row is unheard of and this was bound to happen, it is how we shape our roster and coaching staff from here that matters.Also the club needs to address the embarrassment that is Foran, Spoke to a fellow tonight who should definitely know and he says Toovey is now certainly gone,Whether people agree with that or not that needs to play out quickly or this could really spiral out of control.positives are we have some great young talent outside of the half and 5/ 8 position for the recruitment guys to work around.

We won't make the eight but that is not the issue.10 years in a row is unheard of and this was bound to happen, it is how we shape our roster and coaching staff from here that matters.Also the club needs to address the embarrassment that is Foran, Spoke to a fellow tonight who should definitely know and he says Toovey is now certainly gone,Whether people agree with that or not that needs to play out quickly or this could really spiral out of control.positives are we have some great young talent outside of the half and 5/ 8 position.
I agree Tooves looks to be on the way out. But who is out there to replace him??

I agree Tooves looks to be on the way out. But who is out there to replace him??
I hope not i dont think Toovs is the problem certain decisions with recruitment is the problem whether toovs is responsible for that i don't know i just a fan sitting on the outside but ill back toovs all the way

The embarrassment that is Foran? Please explain? Do you mean his pathetic form for Manly ? Or not resigning him?

My views on the 6 are well known. To allow him to continue to wear the maroon and white is embarrassing a great club. I love Tooves like many here but he is gone and I hope the club does it with some class and not let it fester, tooves deserves better than an undignified ****fight.i can cop a rebuild but we don't need to let this coaching saga to end up with Manly losing Tooves entirely to the club.

Last edited:
Cheers for that Fibro, I used to watch him at Raiders 20's he looked good back then, a real stand out. Its a shame if he doesn't kick on.
yeah i dont know what it is maybe just another kid with promise that just dont kick on . i listened to the game and they said a kid named Latham was good today too chee kam didnt even get a mention

In short.....not if we play like that.
But on a positive note.....if you want a bet, the odds may be ok.
Anyone know what we're paying ?

My views on the 6 are well known. To allow him to continue to wear the maroon and white is embarrassing a great club. I love Tooves like many here but he is gone and I hope the club does it with some class and not let it fester, tooves deserves better than an undignified ****fight.

I hope he stays involved with the club and gets another chance one day. A real chance too, not cleaning up other peoples stuff ups and allowed to sign who he wants.

Unless Des comes back to replace Tooves or we sign Bellamy, Maguire or Trent Robinson we would be off our heads to entertain sacking a coach that has the winning percentage of Toovey besides that he really epitomises our club. I will not support Manly for a single day of his coaching reign if they sign Nathan Brown or Trent Barrett. Even the useless Dragons won't go near them.

My views on the 6 are well known. To allow him to continue to wear the maroon and white is embarrassing a great club. I love Tooves like many here but he is gone and I hope the club does it with some class and not let it fester, tooves deserves better than an undignified ****fight.
I wish you were wrong mate, a club legend drawing a very short straw is not what he deserves! If the Penn's and CEO Chelsea don't start managing our great club soon, we will be gone for a few years yet!

I read all your posts and hold them in high regard. It saddens me so much about Tooves . If it is going to happen then who will replace him?
What you say about Foran saddens me as well, but you are so spot on. I just don't get it with Foran. DCE is showing so much more heart and pride.

I hope not i dont think Toovs is the problem certain decisions with recruitment is the problem whether toovs is responsible for that i don't know i just a fan sitting on the outside but ill back toovs all the way

2V is a problem. Or more probably 1 of the problems.
I love 2v as a player, will never forget his heart and devotion to the colours.

My question is simple though. Does a waterboy make a good coach?

I laugh at the messiah/prophet Brad Arthur's playing credentials and record. But he has coached footballers and the footballers playing for him are putting in week on week..

2V was the waterboy, and has an aging roster that once were warriors.

2V will go.

2V is a problem. Or more probably 1 of the problems.
I love 2v as a player, will never forget his heart and devotion to the colours.

My question is simple though. Does a waterboy make a good coach?

I laugh at the messiah/prophet Brad Arthur's playing credentials and record. But he has coached footballers and the footballers playing for him are putting in week on week..

2V was the waterboy, and has an aging roster that once were warriors.

2V will go.
Des was also the so called "Waterboy" at Manly and for NSW. So your theory is rubbish.

We are no chance for the 8 & I'll be relieved if we can avoid the spoon. Toovey is gone , he has no command of the playing group that's obvious. Foran is a cancer and must go now but that will ensure we end up dead last. This season is a write off so they need to start looking to next year and beyond if they indeed have any vision at all.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4