Will Manly make the Eight ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Will Manly Make semis ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
2V is a problem. Or more probably 1 of the problems.
I love 2v as a player, will never forget his heart and devotion to the colours.

My question is simple though. Does a waterboy make a good coach?

I laugh at the messiah/prophet Brad Arthur's playing credentials and record. But he has coached footballers and the footballers playing for him are putting in week on week..

2V was the waterboy, and has an aging roster that once were warriors.

2V will go.
one might say that the the players didnt put in for the sqeels when they played the warriors and one might say the players put in when they played melbourne Just saying

Never thought at any stage we'd make the 8.

Now thinking bottom 4.

Our roster is very poor. We have 2 forwards of first grade ability, Buhrer and Ballin.

And unfortunately they are on the smaller end of the forward scale.

Wow some of you guys jump off quick.
Absolutely we make the 8. 7th or 8th is realistic.
Whenever Killer and Matai are out there we are always a chance. Still have the best backline in the NRL.
I just though todays game had no flow. Neither team had structure in attack - Manly due the absence of Matai, and later Killer - combined with a very flat Foran. Saints just have no attacking game. But I fet the defense was very controlled.
Forwards were ok, but we need BJ back.
Manly will be fine.

Des was also the so called "Waterboy" at Manly and for NSW. So your theory is rubbish.

Show me 1 thing innovative 2V has done. Guide me Obi Wan.

My theory is ****ing simple for the brain dead to understand. 2V was a great, remarkable player that used heart and determination over talent and conquered all.

That doesn't transcribe to being a Leader of men, when they cannot lead by example.

Prove otherwise and don't crap on about the roster Hasler built. Hasler built it not 2V.

The Hasler roster played for each other. They never played for 2V.

Before the game tonight I thought it would show us a lot about where Manly are headed for the year......unfortunately! My thoughts were we need to win these 'lesser' games against Drags, Raiders, and pick up the points so we are scraping into the bottom half of the 8. I now think that the 8 is just not realistic this year. The Dragons are a bottom four team, and they looked better than us all night. But also:

1) Injuries are cruelling us
2) The whole Foran/DCE saga has just ripped apart the morale of the club
3) Tooves I think is a heartbeat away from just losing it completely (anyone watching the Fox coverage tonight when he was interviewed at halftime could be forgiven for thinking Tooves was ready to belt someone)
4) Our Management is PATHETIC
5) Foran is counting down the days until he leaves.
6) Our Forwards just can't contain the opposition

I think point 5 is what kills me more than anything. Like many others I saw Foran as a Manly legend in the making. The talk of him going down as our toughest player ever (alongside Tooves), as a future captain and a future great is now just so far in the past it's ridiculous. He needs to be benched, dumped, put on gardening leave or whatever.....but :swear: him off!

Des was also the so called "Waterboy" at Manly and for NSW. So your theory is rubbish.

Des proved he was a leader of men. He won 2 premierships.
2V has proved he could copy the philosophy, but not lead the club.

Innovations since Des left...0

Your statement is a joke, and even though I love 2V as a player and club legend, 2V the coach will fall this year.

I was referring to your brain dead theory that water boys don't make good coaches. Which is proven to be rubbish. This point is proven due to the fact that former Manly and NSW Water boy Des Hasler is a 2 time premiership winning and 3 time runner up coach. Michael Maguire was the water boy for Melbourne and Bellamy for Brisbane. You can make your own mind up about Toovey.

I didn't think For an was all that bad tonight coming back from injury but he really needs to show some character over the next dew weeks as he will be an easy scapegoat now.

He just needs to make better choices running to the line, as in pass at least one in ten times. Albeit a little harder on him with I injuries breaking down a lot of backplane cohesion and combinations at the moment. I think he needs to be in the team, regrettably.

In toovs second year he coached them to equal first i do think if it wasn't for injuries we would have made the GF .would we have won maybe not but Manly were playing a different style last year even under all that crap but being innovative in todays game name 10 coaches that have shown any new style , Des adapted to there big forwards at the dogs but it still didn't eventuate to a Gf win it is about roster and luck with injuries cause most teams try to play the same with decoy runners and playing fast its quite simple stay injury free and play with no distraction and you might just win it but for actual new innovative style there are not many coaches trying anything different . just my point of view you are entitle to yours

I was referring to your brain dead theory that water boys don't make good coaches. Which is proven to be rubbish. This point is proven due to the fact that former Manly and NSW Water boy Des Hasler is a 2 time premiership winning and 3 time runner up coach. Michael Maguire was the water boy for Melbourne and Bellamy for Brisbane. You can make your own mind up about Toovey.

I don't need to make my own mind up.
Results do that for me.

Assitant coach 2V . When ?

In toovs second year he coached them to equal first i do think if it wasn't for injuries we would have made the GF .would we have won maybe not but Manly were playing a different style last year even under all that crap but being innovative in todays game name 10 coaches that have shown any new style , Des adapted to there big forwards at the dogs but it still didn't eventuate to a Gf win it is about roster and luck with injuries cause most teams try to play the same with decoy runners and playing fast its quite simple stay injury free and play with no distraction and you might just win it but for actual new innovative style there are not many coaches trying anything different . just my point of view you are entitle to yours

I think the results proved the players played for themselves. They were not coached to that point by 2V; they were already there.

How many coaches have been sacked with Toovey's win/loss ratio I wonder?

I think he will walk if they miss the eight, they won't miss the eight.

If he is pushed out beforehand and we start signing blow in coaches and fifth chance players we can expect gate takings at Brookvale to just about kill this club off.

Manly will make the eight if Toovey is coaching.
Injuries aside there is too much talent in the side to not finish strongly.

Availability and selection will determine how strong we are when it counts.

Your right here, what we need to do is show perseverance and faith in what we have, if we shaft Toovey then we have nothing.
Blaming our halves is useless too! We are a team and its a team effort. Toovey will motivate them to win! We have a winning culture, this will change.

If we can get a stable back line then yes

Yes - its our Bradbury Year @:cool:

Its only round 4 and a lot will happen to other Teams rosters too.

Meanwhile, its frustrating to watch Manly play without direction :confused:

As for the title of this thread, you'd have to say no. Old guys are getting injured and they take longer to heal. Then they have to come back and get into form.

We can't score points and lack consistent strike power in our forwards. These are all things we can throw money at in the off season but for now it's probably going to be a long, ugly season.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4