Will Manly make the Eight ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Will Manly Make semis ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
7 Teams are on 4pts and we play them all in the future, so Manly is only one game off the pack.

In reality we lost the last 2 games on goal kicks. Ironically we won the Scumos game by a goal kick :p

We expect Manly to shine every week and I still believe that its early days to be writing us off :inlove:

if we can get over the injuries we will be there or there abouts. Sure only making up the numbers but hopefully can crack it and give a few of the younger guys finals experience.

We haven't finished a game with the team that started it yet, if we continue this we are gone but with 8 injured we have a lot of improvement in us.

Given the injuries 2 from 10 is the most likely start. Throw in a fractured playing group and the 8 is an absolute pipedream this year.

In any case where we finish doesn't really worry me(except if we spoon it of course, which I still think is unlikely). This year doesn't have to swing on making the eight . It can still be a positive year if we piss Foran off, inject some youth, sort out the coaching situation quickly and sign some quality players. All far more important long term than making the 8 and getting towelled up first week.

I though DCE was decent tonight, effort was there and he can hold his head up. Obviously not his best game. Foran completely the opposite, but given it was his first game back and everyone else wasn't great I will give him the benefit of the doubt for one more week.

Williame thoughts? Kids got some speed looks like he could turn into a solid first grader. Won't ever be Lyon quality but who is?

Yeah DCE did have a fair game.

However, he did give away 2 penalties in the first two sets for not getting off the tackled player quickly enough. That was on tackle 5 and tackle 4.

All that achieved was to put us on the back foot and we never had the ball in the first 11 minutes except to kick it back to St Choke.

I am happy the guys didn't have he ball held their line and St George only scored one try. (The same as us.)

The difference was the penalty goals.

Do we have another kicker after Jamie Lyon?

Bottom 4.
The dick head is back LOL
pic-dump-93-23.jpg

Given the injuries 2 from 10 is the most likely start. Throw in a fractured playing group and the 8 is an absolute pipedream this year.

In any case where we finish doesn't really worry me(except if we spoon it of course, which I still think is unlikely). This year doesn't have to swing on making the eight . It can still be a positive year if we piss Foran off, inject some youth, sort out the coaching situation quickly and sign some quality players. All far more important long term than making the 8 and getting towelled up first week.

Susan...I'm not having a go at you mate but you keep mentioning our coaching situation and Toovey virtually being a dead man walking.
Just asking if this is your opinion or whether you have some inside information that we're not privy to.

@andrew its common knowledge mate. If Foran and DCE hadnt announced already he'd already be gone. They don't wont too much bad publicity at once.

Results won the field make no difference, but the fact we are 0 and 4 (we lost the game vs Storm imo) isn't relieving any pressure.

@andrew its common knowledge mate. If Foran and DCE hadnt announced already he'd already be gone. They don't wont too much bad publicity at once.

Results won the field make no difference, but the fact we are 0 and 4 (we lost the game vs Storm imo) isn't relieving any pressure.
Thanks Bob, I appreciate you taking the time to reply....if it's a fait accompli I hope they have someone reputable to take us forward.

I'd agree with all that , I don't think we will get the spoon ( at full strength we will still give the big sides a shake) , but top 8 is a pipe dream at this point in time .

It's actually not what happens in the next month that will define the season, rather what happens later in the year.

Giving as many of the youngin's as much time as possible, probably pissing Foran off to the Reggies or releasing him as a mid season trade , and some positive signing news.

This is what would make the customers feel better, even if we are running in 14th spot.

We all understand a rebuild is necessary , but by seasons end we'd like to know how that rebuild is progressing, if nothing has happened it will truly be the off season from hell ( well on here anyway).

if it's a fait accompli I hope they have someone reputable to take us forward.

Don't worry. It's not like the Penns would get rid of someone with a solid record from an important position purely for political reasons without having someone well qualified and capable to hit the ground running, you know, like with Dave Perry and Joe Kelly... oh wait...

I don't have any agendas or inside info however how good does quantum and David Perry look compared to the current management at this point in time. I hope this changes
David Perry and Quantum started all the rot with the poor handling of Gifts contract in the first place

I don't have any agendas or inside info however how good does quantum and David Perry look compared to the current management at this point in time. I hope this changes
Yeah - & I thought he was bad.
Bring back Grant hey.

David Perry and Quantum started all the rot with the poor handling of Gifts contract in the first place
Agreed.

I am very disappointed in the way the Gifty situation went down, because blind freddy could see that it would lead to where we are today. I knew the moment he left that there was big trouble on the horizon. I find it laughable that insiders at the club couldn't predict the fall out.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2