Willis Meehan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No thanks, this guy is a professional criminal from the sounds of it :mad:

Plenty of young ones who deserve a chance before Meehan @:cool:
I am very sceptical of someone whose values allow them to be a standover man for criminal 'enterprises'.

I would go so far as to contrast that calculated decision with, eg, a one-off foolish drink drive, or even a one-off violent outburst where that occurred under emotional stress.

Neither of the latter examples can be condoned but they are more readily understood and if people are prepared to seek help and learn from their mistakes ...I'm not averse to giving them another chance.

In the case of Meehan the only redeeming feature might be that he is still very young, its not like he's a grown man in his 30s making those choices.

Super caution sounds like a reasonable approach in this case.

I am very sceptical of someone whose values allow them to be a standover man for criminal 'enterprises'.

I would go so far as to contrast that calculated decision with, eg, a one-off foolish drink drive, or even a one-off violent outburst where that occurred under emotional stress.

Neither of the latter examples can be condoned but they are more readily understood and if people are prepared to seek help and learn from their mistakes ...I'm not averse to giving them another chance.

In the case of Meehan the only redeeming feature might be that he is still very young, its not like he's a grown man in his 30s making those choices.

Yeah i agree one hundred percent. It would be very exciting to see these guys turn it around and reach their potential with the sea eagles though. It would make for one hell of a foward pack. Seeing Addin get his second chance last week and taking it with both hands got me bloody amped haha. I understand him and Willis may be good friends so hopefully they can get there together.

I'm reminded of a time when we had Gary Winter and a number of others in the team that made a few of us theories we were the "thug team" if that is the case it's a transitional period. Centimeter understood and agreed but it's more an observation of history of the team and where it leads. A few years of being average at best which was miserable but building towards the manly we love

he asked a ref to stop a boxing match when he was clobbering his opponent.

so I guess that means....he's changed and should be able to play for us immediately!

ta dah

I would take him in a heart beat.

Don't be so foolish to think that past Manly players haven't had similar occupations off the field.

If he's smart he would see that he could make more money on the field than off it. Hired thugs never get a good payout, it's always about the boss.
If he could really turn himself around and become a better human because he chooses to focus on football, then I'm happy that our community has done some good.

Everyone makes mistakes some more than others, some learn from those mistakes and make amends and change their life, while other delve deeper.
I was involved in similar circles as a young bloke and could went the other way, it took me turning 21 and finding a good woman to turn it around.
25 years later I still stick to the right side of the law, that young man I used to be seems like a dream.
I'll give most people a second chance, I'd love to see Meehan in our systems as I believe he'd buy into it.
Not only helping our club on the field, but himself off it.

Everyone deserves a second chance if there willing to show things have changed for the better, I think I read something earlier this year he was working within the club as security?..... He's obviously willing to walk the walk, so I'm all for him coming on board.... But as I've heard in the past , there is a select few on here that believe an individual that has broken the law should be thrown to the kerb..... Well for those few, if your true to your word... Shouldn't knight be in the same boat?

Everyone deserves a second chance if there willing to show things have changed for the better, I think I read something earlier this year he was working within the club as security?..... He's obviously willing to walk the walk, so I'm all for him coming on board.... But as I've heard in the past , there is a select few on here that believe an individual that has broken the law should be thrown to the kerb..... Well for those few, if your true to your word... Shouldn't knight be in the same boat?
Meehan's uncle is working at Manly not Willis.

Liam Knight doesn't have a profession in drinking and speeding.

Whereas Meehan admitted to being a professional criminal to police :cool:

As the NRL have stated, he will be considered for registration, once he completes apropriate rehabilitation @:cool:

Meehan's uncle is working at Manly not Willis.

Liam Knight doesn't have a profession in drinking and speeding.

Whereas Meehan admitted to being a professional criminal to police :cool:

As the NRL have stated, he will be considered for registration, once he completes apropriate rehabilitation @:cool:
Lol, so are you saying you need to admit to having a profession in an alleged illegal act, to be guilty of it?..... Hell open the jail gates, we are going to have a lot space in our over crowded jails.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2