Willy Mason

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
More speculation being put out as news

Manly Sea Eagles eye Siosaia Vave, Willie Mason to bolster a Choc-less pack

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/manly-sea-eagles-eye-siosaia-vave-willie-mason-to-bolster-a-chocless-pack-20141011-114nnn.html

The Brookie hill will love him. Mason feeds off that stuff. Guarantee Maroon big Willy affros will be merchandisings best seller. :p

I'd still prefer getting Cuthbo back, but one thing about Willy is the opposition always knows he's out there. Hope it works out for us.

Lets face it, Masons best was years ago but....he has a key ingredient...passion & will to win.
Its more his enthusiasm rubbing off on the youngsters like Jake Trobovic that gives this signing significance.
Yes he was a class clown, but has matured into a leader, maybe Bennett helped rid some of the crazy??
Will definately be beneficial, especially with all the experience recently lost in the engine room....will not be a matchwinner but will help the team in areas that have been almost on empty in 2014.

I can't believe the Knights called him surplus to requirements..............like they have any props better

Channel 7 news tonight said the deal was done with Manly. Strong interest from the storm but he preferred Sydney. Packer to the drizzle after gaol release.

Stevo said:
I can't believe the Knights called him surplus to requirements..............like they have any props better

I have read that they have recruited Stockwell from Illawarra who, I understand, still had two years to run on his contract.

I dont mind his signing as long as we didnt pay him too much.

He is a fairly aggressive forward and we need that in our pack.

T0Jb99s.jpg

Bring that side of you to Manly, Willie.
You'll be very welcome.

niccipops said:
T0Jb99s.jpg

Bring that side of you to Manly, Willie.
You'll be very welcome.

Right on, in my opinion Willie is comfortable with his place in the world, his expectations of what he can do and his standing in the game.
He's not the young punk that wants to do his own thing anymore and knows he's probably got only two tears left tops and wouldn't have been out of place in Origin this year.

It might have taken him 10 years but he knows and acknowledges he f#$ked up in the past - some guys just take longer to "get it".

Bennett got him to the Knights to fill a role that was needed and the photo above shows that I think - if he was prepared to move to Brissie I reckon Bennett would've taken him in a heartbeat.

His forthright comments as a regular guest on NRL360 ( there's the third party agreement $$ ) are from a guy who knows he's been there, done that and has a presence that people take notice of.

Yes, he's a player that you either love or hate but that list is endless.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6