Wolfman

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You guys are smashing Wolfy for getting out leaped by a 6 foot + something giant who is brilliant in the air. Taufua is just as bad in the air, it one of our big weaknesses but Taufua and Wolf help our Forward pack getting out of trouble better than any wingers in the comp and are both great finishes. You take the good with the bad.

DSM5 said:
That game tonight was the Grand Final. Wolfie f***ed up and should be held accountable. Not let off the hook as though the game meant nothing. Wtf?

and the Ref's???

So did Snake, should we have him drawn and quartered?? Just making sure Manly players are punished for making errors!!!

:)

torana355 said:
You guys are smashing Wolfy for getting out leaped by a 6 foot + something giant who is brilliant in the air. Taufua is just as bad in the air, it one of our big weaknesses but Taufua and Wolf help our Forward pack getting out of trouble better than any wingers in the comp and are both great finishes. You take the good with the bad.

It was an obvious game plan to NOT contest bombs and has been for a few weeks.

Central Coast Eagle said:
torana355 said:

Smashing him for not catching a ball and letting it hit his knees, wtf was that ****????? At least make a effort

His defence has always been sub standard- hardly a shock it happened again. Been an accident waiting to happen all year.

Anyway - been a great servant for the club and doesn't all evaporate after one off game...such is life.

Would hate to be in the trenches with you guys. Fancy blaming Wolfie for the loss. He won the game for us last week with that freakish try and everyone was saying what a legend he was, sign him up. This week it's he's washed up get rid of him!! NFI some people.

If you want a scapegoat for the loss look no further than Hayne. He singlehandidly change the game as he's done on several occasions this year against us. A cock smoker of the highest order..

I had a feeling they'd target wolfies side, he didn't even attempt to jump for the ball at least to put off there winger.Personally i would have preferred hiku to have played on that wing he's better in the air.

strone33 said:
torana355 said:

Smashing him for not catching a ball and letting it hit his knees, wtf was that s**t????? At least make a effort

Are you seriously suggesting Wolfman just let him score with no effort at all to stop him, have you ever played first grade footy? The Roosters wingers have been doing that to ALL teams wingers this year. Give some credit where its due, the Roosters have some great players. If anything you should be telling that gronk Shane Hayne to make an effort to referee fairly.

torana355 said:
strone33 said:
torana355 said:

Smashing him for not catching a ball and letting it hit his knees, wtf was that s**t????? At least make a effort

Are you seriously suggesting Wolfman just let him score with no effort at all to stop him, have you ever played first grade footy? The Roosters wingers have been doing that to ALL teams wingers this year. Give some credit where its due, the Roosters have some great players. If anything you should be telling that gronk Shane Hayne to make an effort to referee fairly.

He should have made an effort to catch it, he had time and space to do so, instead he takes his eyes off the ball, let's it hit his knees and they score, not good enough at all

And for the record I have played first grade footy

strone33 said:
torana355 said:
strone33 said:
torana355 said:

He should have made an effort to catch it, he had time and space to do so, instead he takes his eyes off the ball, let's it hit his knees and they score, not good enough at all

And for the record I have played first grade footy

You are a very hard marker, don't get me wrong i personally think the modern game needs tall athletic wingers that are good under the high ball but our wingers come under a different mould. Just remember if Wolf didn't score that try last week we may not have been in the GF.

I love the wolfman but you would think his asking price now would drop a fair bit for his next contract.

For mine it was the worst performance in a grand final for some time. No matter what, keep your eyes on the ball at all times. If you don't contest a bomb you always try to lock up the ball. It was a shocking game by him.

But the worst thing he did was race 50 meters across field on the play before the Jennings try. He was out of position and snake had to cover him which led to confusion on the kick which ultimately sealed the game.

I hope he stays, but for mine 3 tries came off the back of his errors.

Mr Buddy Weiser said:
I love the wolfman but you would think his asking price now would drop a fair bit for his next contract.

For mine it was the worst performance in a grand final for some time. No matter what, keep your eyes on the ball at all times. If you don't contest a bomb you always try to lock up the ball. It was a shocking game by him.

But the worst thing he did was race 50 meters across field on the play before the Jennings try. He was out of position and snake had to cover him which led to confusion on the kick which ultimately sealed the game.

Sums it up pretty well

Mr Buddy Weiser said:

Agreed and that brings me back to my original point: Snake is not hiding the fact that he has had enough of covering for his defensive cluelessness.

The biggest issue I had with Wolfie's game is that he had all week to practice for bombs coming his way, yet looked like he hadn't come up with a plan at all to defuse them. Even if he just contests the first one, there's a good chance they don't score.

Wolfy didnt have a great game. His defence really let us down.

I have mixed views on him. I really like him, and he is a great player, but so does the potential of Hiku, and Hiku is younger.

That try from the bomb was unstoppable.the bomb was absolutely perfectly positioned and a guy on he run wil always out jump a stationary guy. You see this every other day in AFL you see it in state of origin. The only way i could see it stopped is if someone would have helped to block the winger and Lyon and snake were no where near wolfman I think some of you guys are pretty tough on him.

I think the bottom line against Tupou is when close to your line you need to contest the ball .... give him a clean jump he's a good chance of catching it like he did against Aku last week. Contest it and hit him hard in doing so has to give you better odds.

Wolfie had a fantastic game last week, massive contribution to get us to the final. He's only human like the refs .... you have to take the good with the bad.

Manly magic, the bomb people are talking about is when he had at least a two metre gap between himself and the on rushing attacker. He just propped and looked at the ball bounce. Unbelievable. And I agree, Hayne had the greatest impact on the outcome. I've gone on about him all year. He just has it in for us. I'd like to put a forensic accountant on his case. And as to Wolfie 'winning' the Souths game for us. Didn't we win by ten? I'm over getting ill every time I see Wolffie rushing in and then the ball going past him for a try. Brett certainly must. Anyway, that's Toovs decision and so I'll leave it to him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6