Wolfman

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Get a grip his 19 tries got us there. Manly is about fighting for each other not against. Fine fans you are. Why not go all the way and bag the team for losing . You bunch of sour pusses

He was blowing up delux after one of the errors.

Looked like he was blaming Brett and Killer.

We was very unhappy.

Wolfman may have had a shocker tonight, but I don't out and out blame him for Manly not winning. He's been huge for us this year, especially in the back half of the season.

Personally I'd still sign him, but he did himself no favours out there tonight.

I think Wolfie has achieved a heck of a lot when you consider his injuries, he is a good finisher as a rule. Tonight he was found wanting under the high ball and was not at all decisive with the grubber that was the winning score. I hope we retain him but if its not to be , thanks for the memories Wolfie.

DSM5 said:
That game tonight was the Grand Final. Wolfie f***ed up and should be held accountable. Not let off the hook as though the game meant nothing. Wtf?
I agree with you. Wolfie had a terrible game and yes it was the most important game of the year. I think all players should be held accountable for their individual performances and Wolfie's wasn't good. I just don't think he should be axed for it.

Very difficult to argue with certainty either way. Bombs have been less contested this year with mixed results. Wolf has seemingly had drama written all over him (good & not so good) since the beginning. And then we have Hiku in the wings. Hard call and im pleased im not making it.

merritt can score tries but is rubbish in defence and no one has a problem bagging him. Wolfe was poor tonight, he should have been giving 110% and I don't think he did, unfortunately it was very costly for us

I'd be inclined to say "it's a Toovey call" (and it ultimately is),but my (just mine) personal feeling is that wolf may need to have his 2 year "retirement fund" in the UK.I (me only) thought he looked a bit wanting in defence tonight,and let's face it,it's a pretty important night.

I love Wolfie, I'm a big fan of his but tonight he played like a 1st grade rookie that is over awed by the occasion. A real shame cause we all know how well he can play.

Having said all that poor refereeing decisions had a bigger outcome on the game/result than Wolfie blunders.

Jatz Crackers said:
Bombs have been less contested this year with mixed results.

This

I mentioned this is another thread that I reckon it's a plan, Jorge didn't contest any either. He had no cover for the chooks first try from the bomb, he didn't get any clean ball either, that last pass from Lyon wasn't exactly on a platter.

We over achieved this year, so no need to apportion blame to any individual

Wolfie had a great year, but the modern winger needs to be tall and able to catch and diffuse bombs. Easts relied on that form of attack. Neither of our wingers are great at contesting bombs.

The Who said:
Wolfie had a great year, but the modern winger needs to be tall and able to catch and diffuse bombs. Easts relied on that form of attack. Neither of our wingers are great at contesting bombs.

Agreed. We could have done with Will Hoppa out there tonight.... Shame he went on that Mormon mission... shame Parra threw mega bucks at him...

He's had his time, I can cope with him being out numbered from time to time but being piss poor in the air and not contesting the ball is not what we need out of a winger - if we can get Cheyse Blair into some form @ 6.4 & 1/2 and over 105kg he might be what we need, I like hiku too but he may be a better center / fullback given his vertically challenged also.

That performance was bringing back memories of that SOO appearance of his a few years back...

God said:
I like hiku too but he may be a better center / fullback given his vertically challenged also.

Agree. Hiku is not the right answer for winger. You need tall athletic wingers who can contest high balls these days.

Wolfie played terrible, but is not the main reason we lost.
The main reason we lost is because of the dozen incorrect calls that went against us, where a penalty/advantage was not afforded us. Those dozen misses by the referees stack up and it was always going to be very hard to win when they are missed.

Wolfman doesnt deserve to get caned. The refs deserve that more than him.

Don't know why he took his eyes off the high ball, & then of course muffed it.
That's Wolfy's job, to play football, that's how he puts raw meat on the table.
My Mum would've done a better job out there last night. He wasnt making his debut,
he's a veteran of many campaigns.
An off night I suppose?

Lord Eagleton said:
Wolfie played terrible, but is not the main reason we lost.
The main reason we lost is because of the dozen incorrect calls that went against us, where a penalty/advantage was not afforded us. Those dozen misses by the referees stack up and it was always going to be very hard to win when they are missed.

Wolfman doesnt deserve to get caned. The refs deserve that more than him.

Refs were not great however we lost to a very good team and there is no disgrace in that

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7