Wolfman

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Crusher_Cleal said:
The biggest issue I had with Wolfie's game is that he had all week to practice for bombs coming his way, yet looked like he hadn't come up with a plan at all to defuse them. Even if he just contests the first one, there's a good chance they don't score.
He is too busy perfecting his latest mug lair pose to work on unimportant stuff, like contesting kicks and defensive positional play.

I like Wolfy too , but he will always be remembered for his one very ordinary state of origin game and his many injuries

He had a bad game - we all know what he's like - great in attack & average in defence.

That's life - **** happens - move along.

People have short memories, the try he got against the vermin was a miracle and was a big reason for getting to the GF.

Our wingers all season have struggled under the high ball and there has been a distinct lack of confidence in attacking the ball when in the air from both of them.

To be fair the first Roosters try the bomb was perfectly placed and not a lot that either Wolfie or any other winger for that matter could do. The 2nd bomb what got me was that Wolfie was looking at Toupou rather than the ball and that to me was the turning point of the match as it got the chooks right back into the game.

Its the attitude that really drove it home for me. As a defending player under the bomb he is a protected species, he should be using it to his advantage, instead he ended up watching the player and let the ball hit him.

I understand letting the ball bounce if it is really close to the sideline or 15m out, but when it is landing 5m out from the line you can't just sit there and do nothing. I dont know what to do with him but it did have a big impact on the game, theres no getting around that.

I can't understand why our wingers can't jump for the ball. Are they fearful of hurting themselves? I understand you can't always defend every ball but make an effort when you have the chance. Look at the Roosters wingers and how they jumped and defended what was thrown at them. At the end of the day that was the difference last night. The turning point was the bomb that Williams allowed to bounce and from that they got the repeat set and scored. Am sure Williams would be disappointed in his performance BUT unless they spend the off season perfecting how to jump for the ball we will be hammered next yr.
Hiku is amazing under the high ball and has no fear just like Hopa.

Anyway, can't change the result now but they will take something out of it for next year. Am sure Williams will come out stronger in 2014.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7