Wooden Spoon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ralphie said:
MadMarcus said:
I think the Titans season will go about as well as their off season recruitment. They may not win a game.

The Gold Coast forward pack is too good for the team to get the spoon.

They do have a good pack, but my theory is that even good forwards get frustrated and stop working hard if their halves and backs can't convert the opportunities they create. The Titans are severely lacking in both areas (particularly the halves), so I'm sticking with them for my spoon tip.

I would really enjoy seeing the Tigers get the spoon but I think it will be the Eels again.

I think the Eels will come last.
I hope Easts come last and that their major signings are costly flops.
I don;t like Illawarra but they are a club of long-standing strength, just like Manly, and should never finish last.

The Who said:
I don;t like Illawarra but they are a club of long-standing strength, just like Manly, and should never finish last.

1 premiership in nearly 40 years? What sort of strength is that?!

They're a pack of muppets, they will get the spoon!

Napper said:
The Who said:

True, but have they won the spoon in those 40 years? Apart from Melbourne they are the club that we find hardest to beat.

The Who said:
Napper said:
The Who said:

True, but have they won the spoon in those 40 years? Apart from Melbourne they are the club that we find hardest to beat.

40 years? More like 14. They have only been around since 1999.

Shoe1 said:
Wests are dark horses for the spoon for mine.

I agree, if I was a betting man I would have a couple of hundred on the tigers and also the dragons. Either one I would be happy with.

Lord Eagleton said:
Did the Eels recruit anyone who is really going to make much difference from last year? They lost Hindmarsh, a big inspirational loss. Its more or less the same group of dud players.
Lets not forget they have Ben Roberts as their 5/8 with a fat hot/cold halfback inside him. And i am not certain Stuart will make them a better team.

Eels or Tigers or Titans
Halfway through the preliminary rounds of the comp and Parra are running last, with Wests Tigers 2nd last. There are some smart predictions for the wooden spoon in this thread. Us Silvertails people are very astute league observers!

I believe over the next 13 rounds of the comp Nth Qld will lift a bit, with last place being between Parra and the Tigers. Parra most likely.

If the Titans get the spoon I wonder how long they will last, almost no one goes to their games now even less will in 2014 if they are spooners, maybe yet another coast side to " bite the dust"

Mark from Brisbane said:
If the Titans get the spoon I wonder how long they will last, almost no one goes to their games now even less will in 2014 if they are spooners, maybe yet another coast side to " bite the dust"

Why are they so poorly supported Mark? It is such a large base they have. I suppose a lot of people were already Broncos supporters. If that's the case it might take 10 odd years before they start getting any decent crowds then

Easy to explain @Stiffi , 90% of their fans support other clubs, one of my old mates lives at the coast, life long Manly fan BUT inaugural member of the Titans and goes to most games in his Titans gear.

But there's no real " heart" in his support, he loves live footy and that's his only option.

So when they are winning everyone wants to be there, when they are losing most don't give two figs

I reckon the Titans are, potentially, a top four side. Yes, they are inconsistent, but they are full of great players. I'm particularly impressed by Kelly and Sezer. Did I read correctly that Sezer is from Canterbury? I bet the Dogs are rueing that.
I think they will beat Souffs this weekend.
I guess all of us have teams "we don't mind". For me it's the Titans, the 'Riff and Canberra.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8