Woods Stayski

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
That’s a good perspective, however, who do you have in mind? We have lost four of our junior props with apparently massive potential.

I understand Des, has a philosophy that if you think you have enough props, sign another one, and while some may say Des is past it, just look at prop injuries during this year.
To be honest I am not sure. But we have props that have come through the Manly pathway system that I would rather see get a spot in the top 30 rather than Woods..

We need to look to the future and further develop what we have.

Example:

James Uesele: A very hard running prop forward who can certainly shatter the defence. Has come through the successful Sea Eagles Pathways program

There must be a balance between youth and experience.

If your top line props are unavailable and you stack your game day line up with rookies in the middle, what do you think happens without a couple of experienced cool heads? It is a slaughter. Don't forget NRL is chaotic and brutal. Guys like Woods to come in when missing Jake, Aloiai, Taniela etc is essential for keeping a season alive.
Injuries are an inevitable part of the game and I get your concern. But how else are rookies supposed to develop without first grade experience. You won't realise potential without exposure.

Pete W

Bencher
Injuries are an inevitable part of the game and I get your concern. But how else are rookies supposed to develop without first grade experience. You won't realise potential without exposure.
Agreed rookies should generally speaking get first opportunity over someone like Woods, and Woods' selection shouldn't come at the expense of a junior's development. All I'm saying is every top 30 needs a Woods type as an insurance policy - when the sh*t hits the fan, and you're top guys are out, you cannot run out 4 or 5 rookies at the same time. That would be madness, and not fair to them either.
Anyway, from the sound of things, Woods may not even be taking a place in our 30 but is still happy to hang around in case we need him - that's a win win

I've found the perfect gig for Woods, being the Manly fan he is...

1695796360790.png

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Again people miss the point. You don't need an old under performing player because they are cheap just to fill the top 30. There are plenty of young and up and coming players who could fill a cheap spot that is worth developing.
I don't think that point was missed, it's just a bad point. Most forwards don't hit their straps until their mid 20's and players with anywhere half decent potential will command a lot more money than Woods can.

Why is everyone in a tizz?

Isn’t the narrative that he wont be in the top 30? That he might pick up a contract at Blacktown?

Surely that is not stoking debate??
No it's actually great news. But some are suggesting its ok to have a cheap old 'has been' with experience taking a top 30 spot to mentor. Now that's certainly up for debate.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
No it's actually great news. But some are suggesting its ok to have a cheap old 'has been' with experience taking a top 30 spot to mentor. Now that's certainly up for debate.
Woods was ok this year but I hope we can do better, however it's hardly an unusual strategy - Storm got Tariq Sims just in case, Chooks got Nathan Brown just in case, Broncos got Marty just in case. Don't expect to see much of any of those guys in NRL in the future, similar with Woods.

manly al

First Grader
Guess that it should be still mainly based in the context of the likely order of available and preferred prop grouping , Paseka , Sipps , one would hope Alioia , Bully , possibly jake [ who would then be a i st order prop ] , the new recruit James [ although he could be considered in other forward positions ] , could still include Keppie as well .
Condon maybe difficult to transfer on , so not sure if Woodsy should still be practically considered as a top 30 option then .
Not sure if Faulalo has re signed but should be more emphasis on retaining the up and comers and not necessarily in any set position .
Have the likes of Zac Fulton still on the books and i think in the top 30 so then a fair enough point whether he would be offering that much more then Woodsy in the general sense and even Condon for that matter again .
If he [ Arron ] just wants to be connected with the club and prepared to play at Blacktown , doubt that there would be many negatives with that

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Sorry @BOZO are you implying that us missing the top 8 had anything to do with Woods' performances? Because that would be an absurd implication
Sorry ?
Dont be sorry feathered friend . Be happy :)
Be happy that we should be able to upgrade Woods spot with a more promising player
Be happy because when you upgrade the only way is up

Woods had a great career and on his day he was great
But his time is up and if you are implying that he would be picked up by another NRL club that would be an absurd implication

By the way feathered friend , Dont forget to renew your Manly Sea eagles club membership
God Bless you and have an Awesome day !
Love Bozo :h:
1695863020491.png

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
In conclusion and without any Illusion ....
If you cannot be proactive be reactive and resign Woods again
and rely on him to save the day when injuries strike like we did last season and we know what impact he had
We all live and die by the choices we make

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Really?

I am not sure that was the case
He was our best forward in the matches he played last season. There is no way he wouldn't attract interest, on the low end of the market - sure, but another club would definitely sign him. The only issue would be at what price.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16