Woods Stayski

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
He was our best forward in the matches he played last season. There is no way he wouldn't attract interest, on the low end of the market - sure, but another club would definitely sign him. The only issue would be at what price.
He has burnt bridges at three clubs

Only the desperate (like us) are keen

Lodge has leverage, just not a lot because he needs to recover from the ACL first. Once he's back to full fitness a lot of clubs would happily chase him
Umm he had no leverage after the Roosters told him to leave.

Thats why he signed on for minimum at Manly. We literally threw him a lifeline. I've said this previously but 3 clubs paid him to leave their business. Thats fact.

And now he has leverage based on two games at Manly and an ACL injury?

To be clear I'm ok to have Lodge around on a very lowly paid contract. Whatever is the lowest risk for Manly.

But if we have signed him to 500-600k (i.e. the Keppie money) then we have rocks in our heads.

He has burnt bridges at three clubs

Only the desperate (like us) are keen
Plenty of clubs are desperate for a forward that can play as well as Lodge, the sticking point is price.

No doubt clubs like the Storm wouldn't have a bar of him, but beggars can't be choosers, and unfortunately we are beggers of late.

Plenty of clubs are desperate for a forward that can play as well as Lodge, the sticking point is price.

No doubt clubs like the Storm wouldn't have a bar of him, but beggars can't be choosers, and unfortunately we are beggers of late.
Agree with beggars but it is a touch revisionist to say he “plays well” based on a couple of games when he was playing for a contract

It’s 10 per cent of what he once earnt – but this former Blues star is going around again​

Former NSW Origin and Test forward Aaron Woods appears set to continue his NRL career after being offered a supplementary contact with Manly.
The 32-year-old Woods joined the Sea Eagles from St George Illawarra in the early rounds of last season, and his experience and “influence on the locker room” prompted the northern beaches club to reach out about a deal for 2024.

Woods, who commanded $800,000 a season midway through his career as one of the game’s highest-paid props, will earn only $80,000 plus $3000 match payments. Even though supplementary contracts sit outside the top-30 playing list, Woods would still be available for selection from round one.
Woods, who started at his beloved Wests Tigers before stints at Canterbury, Cronulla and the Dragons, is expected to be joined by Nathan Brown, another former NSW representative who is expected to sign off on his own cut-price deal in the coming days.

Manly coach Anthony Seibold loved working with Woods who is steadily transitioning into a media career, but still has a deep desire to add to his 267 NRL games.
“Woodsy really enjoyed his footy last year, he was a great influence in the locker room, he’s played 17 Tests for Australia and 14 Origin games, so he has that experience,” Seibold told this masthead.

Bring on 2024: Fan favourite Aaron Woods is expected  to sign a supplementary deal with Manly.

Bring on 2024: Fan favourite Aaron Woods is expected to sign a supplementary deal with Manly.CREDIT:GETTY

“He understands he’s at the back end of his career, and he’s transitioning into the media with a couple of different organisations.
“But he’s a great role model, and the way he trains, he’d be a great asset to the group.

“We’re really happy he wants to go around again and compete for a spot – ultimately he wants to play in the NRL, and we’ll give him that opportunity.”
The Sea Eagles middle men include club favourite Jake Trbojevic, Josh Aloiai, Tof Sipley, Taniela Paseka, Matt Lodge – who is expected back from a knee injury by round eight – Corey Waddell and Ethan Bullemor.

Nathan Brown is expected to sign off on a Manly deal this week.

Nathan Brown is expected to sign off on a Manly deal this week.CREDIT:NRL PHOTOS

As for Brown’s likely arrival, Seibold said: “We’re looking to bring him in because he has experience and aggression, but he also creates competition for spots.
“We’re in that cluster of teams that finished last season on the ladder from fifth through to 14th, and to break that cluster you need depth, that competition and experienced middles.”

Manly return to training on Thursday, including Tom Trbojevic and new signing Luke Brooks, who spent five seasons at the Tigers with Woods.

Nathan Brown
Aaron Woods
Matt Lodge
Jake Trbojevic
Josh Schuster
Josh Aloiai

Two questions:
1. If these 6 forwards were to run the 100 metre dash (assuming they actually COULD run 100 metres in one session), who would win ?

2. How many hours would it take ?

Nathan Brown
Aaron Woods
Matt Lodge
Jake Trbojevic
Josh Schuster
Josh Aloiai

Two questions:
1. If these 6 forwards were to run the 100 metre dash (assuming they actually COULD run 100 metres in one session), who would win ?

Why the immediate negativity?

This Woods deal is actually good business for Manly. He didn’t do that badly last year, has a ton of experience, and we’ve got him on an $80k deal outside the top 30 cap.

For once we’re actually doing smart deals.

“Woodsy really enjoyed his footy last year, he was a great influence in the locker room,
Anthony Seibold .
Woodsy's Great team Influence in the locker room never transpired into anything Great on the footy field.
The coach will once again do it his way and he is also accountable for a teams results

The moral of the story ..
We all make choices and do it our way
We all make our bed and lie on it

Sing Anthony sing .....
… Regrets, I've had a few
But then again too few to mention
I did what I had to do
I saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much, much more
I did it, I did it my way

Woodsy's Great team Influence in the locker room never transpired into anything Great on the footy field.
How do you know this? You're measuring an unknown against the introduction of an unquantifiable variable, against a largely subjective matrix of performance indicators that would be particular and interdependent, yet relative, relational and causational to individual stakeholders and the archetypal team dynamic, not to mention communication streams from a cascading and a feedback convection framework applied within said team dynamic. Woods' impact was noticed by some of us on this site and wasn't by quite a lot more.

Now a study on those two groups might yield some interesting results😜🔨

In other words it's the vibe of the thing @BOZO

Last edited:
Nathan Brown
Aaron Woods
Matt Lodge
Jake Trbojevic
Josh Schuster
Josh Aloiai

Two questions:

November 1 or March 1 2024?

Let’s hope the new fitness guy from Rah rah works on our line speed.

As long as they can tear in over 15 metres a run I’m happy.

How do you know this? You're measuring an unknown
There is nothing unknown about his performance and influence he had on the footy field and on our underachieving team feathered friend

His passive impact off the bench and on the field was for all to see

But we all have different standards and we all see different things

Thank you for your contribution on this thread and have a Happy day :)

Nathan Brown
Aaron Woods
Matt Lodge
Jake Trbojevic
Josh Schuster
Josh Aloiai

Two questions:

I do get your underlying point, though.

What you're really saying is that it appears that we're relying on the quantity/experience of our middle forwards - as opposed to how 'dynamic' they appear (aka 'speed', mobility, etc) for results next year.

Quantity vs quality?

The ability to dominate other forward packs based upon attributes which forwards must have in today's game.

You're right, @Ryan - not a lot of known 'runners' in that lot. I would love for re-incarnations of Owen Cunnigham, Daniel Gartner and Beaver Menzies to suddenly re-appear in our pack.

We're going to need impact minutes from Sipley and Paseka to help with go-forward at any kind of speed. Lodge was good at this in the Cronulla game he came on as a sub in; hopefully he can be again after round 8 next year when he is expected to play again after his injury.

Woods will be Woods again next year - we know what we're getting. Probably cameo appearances at various stages.

Nathan Brown - question mark on that one. Hopefully energy rather than penalties.

Jake - maybe more gym work needed for the back half of your career. Sheer will and desire will get you so far long term in the NRL. Maybe become DCE's training buddy.

Schuster - fitness and motivation. Then anything is possible. That's what this off-season is for.

Josh Aloiai - appears to have been playing injured for quite a while. Fixable or not fixable? Again, the off-season will be telling.

We'll all know if the above '2024 middle forward strategy' is working or not three rounds in. If it doesn't - and it is a gamble - it could impact a top 8 spot and Seibold's career at Manly. Time will tell.

I do get your underlying point, though.

What you're really saying is that it appears that we're relying on the quantity/experience of our middle forwards - as opposed to how 'dynamic' they appear (aka 'speed', mobility, etc) for results next year.

Quantity vs quality?

The ability to dominate other forward packs based upon attributes which forwards must have in today's game.

You're right, @Ryan - not a lot of known 'runners' in that lot. I would love for re-incarnations of Owen Cunnigham, Daniel Gartner and Beaver Menzies to suddenly re-appear in our pack.

We're going to need impact minutes from Sipley and Paseka to help with go-forward at any kind of speed. Lodge was good at this in the Cronulla game he came on as a sub in; hopefully he can be again after round 8 next year when he is expected to play again after his injury.

Woods will be Woods again next year - we know what we're getting. Probably cameo appearances at various stages.

Nathan Brown - question mark on that one. Hopefully energy rather than penalties.

Jake - maybe more gym work needed for the back half of your career. Sheer will and desire will get you so far long term in the NRL. Maybe become DCE's training buddy.

Schuster - fitness and motivation. Then anything is possible. That's what this off-season is for.

Josh Aloiai - appears to have been playing injured for quite a while. Fixable or not fixable? Again, the off-season will be telling.

We'll all know if the above '2024 middle forward strategy' is working or not three rounds in. If it doesn't - and it is a gamble - it could impact a top 8 spot and Seibold's career at Manly. Time will tell.
I'll contribute to this because Ive been thinking about it for a while and having seen a few Manly players go around in the PAC games and for Tonga and the AFB, Alioa Brown stuff...well it's actual Rugba League.

Keppie got a real good chance at the end of the season to stay at the club on the money he was on. He didn't take it. Too many mistakes trying to bring the aggression the team needed and doesn't get from it's only big men in Spley and Tent. So he makes mistakes. Put him in a different pack where he doesn't have that problem of being the only one running with aggression when on the field suddenly his game improves because he doesn't blow his head and give away penalties and drop the ball. Well hopefully, I wish him well.

Manly bring in Matt Lodge. He's older he has experience and knows by now (will have most definitely been read the riot act this is your last ducking chance) to temper that aggression. He already doesn't make the dropped ball mistakes. He costs two thirds of what Keppie did.

Brown and Waddell. Both can play first grade.

If Manly were coming up against any team in the competition and you saw either of these two named in the opposite squad would you think 'goid we are a chance to put some points down their edge?' I personally don't like it when Brown is in any team that plays against Manly and rate Waddell a solid 6-8 out of ten most weeks.

The competition for spots and players just having 'a role to play' rather than Des' very Bob Fultonesqe pick the best footballers and find a position for them is what we are not really used to as Sea-eagle fans. Tevina Funa five Eighth, Froggy fulltime hooker😔

I think it's going to work out if Alioa gets fit. Maybe that being shopped to super league was a plant from Seibold to fire him up or F him off. One can only hope🙏

Is Seibold actually Ronald McDonald ?

Keppie was far better competition for spots than Woods and Brown will offer, and aggression wise he had Nathan Brown in his pocket to the point his brain combusted
Keppie isn't a bad player. Half the trouble was he spent most of his time in the sin bin or giving away penalties.

The coach will once again do it his way and he is also accountable for a teams results

The moral of the story ..
We all make choices and do it our way
We all make our bed and lie on it

Sing Anthony sing .....
… Regrets, I've had a few
But then again too few to mention
I did what I had to do
I saw it through without exemption
I planned each charted course
Each careful step along the byway
And more, much, much more
I did it, I did it my way
cant say im with you on this train of thought. If woodsies impact off field is unjustified based on team results, can any player be any better
the fastest players, strongest or most skilful by the same metric were also a failure

an old prop on basement money was only ever going to bring experience as opposed to dominant results and its pretty fair to say we need both, not either. as a blacktown signing it seems sound enough. there is still room to add some tearaways to blacktown for the future and a safety approach in woods if injury strikes at the wrong time

we still havnt learnt to win in so many ways. even a 30 nil halftime lead to manly makes one nervous. we need players who know the journey and can steer the ship, and while woods credentials are up for debate his attitude is seen by the coach as reliable at the very least

while the tops teams may not need the same additions, that just shows where we are as a side. we could have a 14 point lead, run to the dunny and be down by 16 before i flush

IMO its that weakness we need to smash before erything else and thats getting players with the right mind and grit. our resillience is about the lowest in the league. Dessie gave us moments of grit but it looked like he had to keep the the speeches on full dial and repeat, it wasnt natural and still isnt

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11
10 4 6 15 10
10 5 5 -13 10