WORST POSSIBLE Grand Final! Who Are you Going For and Why?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Go the Bunnies, they haven't won it for 43 years, got to go for them. I hope George Piggins is there as well cheering them on ! Funny bugger.

Shoe1 said:
I'm sickened by the amount of support for souths among my fellow manly fans.
Me too...for ANY Manly fan to cheer for Souths is tantamount to treason!

UPDATE: I have just noticed that 9 pages into this thread, not ONE poster has said they will cheer for either side because they actually like them...for every one of us, it seems to be a case of the lesser of two evils.

For mine, I won't be cheering for the Dogs, I will be cheering for "not Souths"...whoever "not Souths" happens to be, is who I favour. :)

After watching the Dogs supporters in Belmore carrying on like they've already won the comp, I hope the Bunnies towel them up.
Couldn't stomach their supporters if they win it.

I see Piggins is fronting up. This is great because I will love to see the camera zooming in on him as souths crumble and lose.

Apparently he requested a $100k donation to a charity for his attendance? I would pay $200k to see him front up in a Bulldogs jersey*

(*if I had a spare $200k**)
(**Actually I would probably spend it on something else if the truth be told)

Shoe1 said:
I see Piggins is fronting up. This is great because I will love to see the camera zooming in on him as souths crumble and lose.

Apparently he requested a $100k donation to a charity for his attendance? I would pay $200k to see him front up in a Bulldogs jersey*

(*if I had a spare $200k**)
(**Actually I would probably spend it on something else if the truth be told)

Yep, all his huff and puff over the years has been bought.
I've always hated Souths and never liked Piggins either but at least he had his principles and I respected that.

Now he doesn't even have that, he has sold his soul.

I hope the 'Dogs tear them a new one.

Yes, it will be painful to watch their supporters rejoicing but it will be even more painful to see the Souffs fans dancing in the streets.....and if I hear their bloody theme song one more time I'll............

I'm going to a wedding, by 730pm I'll probably be starting to have a case of the wobbly boot, so the 2014 GF is meaningless for me.

The next day is a family get together and lunch , and won't bother getting the papers or even looking at TV.

Naturally I'll check the scores as I at least have an interest as to who won, but as to whom wins, and whom I'm going for , sorry but quite frankly I just don't care!

This is a no brainer, despite what ha$$ler did to us he, Hodkinson & T-Rex are former Manly, whilst the vermin are self righteous in the extreme. They continue to perpetuate that old "Manly stole our players" myth and play the victim when in fact they are now a well funded protected species with a coach that is even more of a despicable grub that the purple filth south of the border.

There is one GF that would be worse than this and that's purple filth V vermin.

About the only saving grace out of this whole debacle is that either the Scumdog fans will riot, or the Vermin fans will be crying because 43 has become 44.

For what it's worth, the Vermin would be more deserved winners and I'd be surprised if it was even a contest. They've been pretty good the last couple of months.

How can the side that finishes 7th win ? They only just scraped into the 8 because the Squeels couldn't beat the Faders. And if Jamie had have converted Blair's try, they'd be trying to deflect all the bad press from Mad Monday again.

Going for the dogs in a no win GF.

For, 1)Hasler, 2) she-rex, 3) hogdko 4) Graham (admire that guy coming back from the biter tag)

Against, Greenturds old team and Reynolds.

Souffs are just grubs full stop.

I know it sounds petty but I intensely dislike both clubs so won't be cheering for a winner...just enjoying seeing the tears of the losing teams supporters.

Rabbits for me - only because half way through the year I had a bad feeling not even Souths could throw it away again this year so I put some cash on them as "insurance" in case of the nightmare scenario of a Souths premiership. Even still I haven't really been cheering for them.

Its time to collect the insurance. This Grand Final is the biggest certainty of our generation. Cant see Souths losing. Bad luck De$.

The Indian said:
Rabbits for me - only because half way through the year I had a bad feeling not even Souths could throw it away again this year so I put some cash on them as "insurance" in case of the nightmare scenario of a Souths premiership. Even still I haven't really been cheering for them.

Its time to collect the insurance. This Grand Final is the biggest certainty of our generation. Cant see Souths losing. Bad luck De$.

Blood money.

Despise both clubs. but the reality is that Souths have been a better team all year, and the the Dogs just seemed to get lucky to have come across finals opponents with injuries, it will catch up with them this Sunday, Rabbits for me if I have to pick one.

I was initially hoping Souths would lose because of the OTT carry on that will immediately follow the breaking of the 42 year drought for the Pride of the League. Their fans are going to be too painful to deal with.

Then a few threads this week made me remember back to SuperLeague and how the Dogs dogged it and sold out. This basically led to Manly beginning their journey up $hit creek paddleless, culminating in their arrival at the Northern Eagles disaster. So the Dogs can get stuffed for their part in those dark days of our history.

I expect the Rabbits will pump them. I also hope it is a dirty, grubby, niggly, Can't Understand Normal Thinking of a game so the NRL can sit back and enjoy the showpiece of what the game has become. If we could see some heroic trips by Reynolds, some squirrel grips from Burgess, chicken wings from Te'o, James Graham doing his Tyson impersonation again, and of course Greg Inglis diving on his own head it would be great. Just a pity two of the best divers in the game will miss out on showcasing their skills. A nice riot in the crowd would top it off. Hope Rugby League is the real loser.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4