Would you go to the game ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I miss every Monday night game due to work, which sucks as next Monday will be a great game

The Wheel said:
i WAS THERE WITH MY 4 YEAR OLD DAUGHTHER WET BUT HAPPY

Probably in the Jane Try Stand in-between visits to the Presidents Lounge. You softie! :p I remember when you did the hard yards.

ManlyBacker said:
The Wheel said:
i WAS THERE WITH MY 4 YEAR OLD DAUGHTHER WET BUT HAPPY

Probably in the Jane Try Stand in-between visits to the Presidents Lounge. You softie! :p I remember when you did the hard yards.

That was lasy year MB, now sit on the hill concourse in the members section - nothing but an umbrella and a tarp tonight

must have been, i saw CW, DSM, Vid amongst the others tonight but no wheel.

ps it only started raining 30 seconds before kick off and finished with 2 minutes to go so how would anyone know to stay away?

i wish i knew, would have grabbed the brolly

Fluffy said:
must have been, i saw CW, DSM, Vid amongst the others tonight but no wheel.

ps it only started raining 30 seconds before kick off and finished with 2 minutes to go so how would anyone know to stay away?

i wish i knew, would have grabbed the brolly

Same way the cricket groundsmen know when to run on and whip the covers out.BOM site.

Well done Wheel. They say the belts have tightened on the Northern Beaches. Proud of you and I hope the little one had a great night and is ok in the morning.

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
I'm from the Gold Coast and so glad we made the trip down. Sitting in the Ken Arthurson stand we had Snake doing his thing right in front of us! We were down when Snake played his first game back at Brookie this year as well. We will be back on the Gold Coast on Saturday, just in time to see a great win over the Titans! Go Manly! Love ya Snake!

• 👍
Reactions: R3
Yep, I saw the Wheel in the ground pre-game heading towards the Northern part of the Hill on the concourse - I tried to say G'day but the security wouldn't let me get close and the perspex cover on the "Wheel Mobile" that he was in to keep him warm and dry would no doubt have masked my plaintive begging for a share in his free sandwiches...He looked and then looked away...

Also, on a tough night on the Hill it was funny how Duff came south side of the shed when he learned that DSM5 had a brolly....

• 👍
Reactions: Rex
vidmar said:
Also, on a tough night on the Hill it was funny how Duff came south side of the shed when he learned that DSM5 had a brolly....

That deserves a Cambo soft cbomb. Duff, ya sook :p Love ya bro. :)

Those conditions reminded me of the Soufs' Final game from a few years back. Looked terrible.

I was totally soaked but pleased to be there for Manly's 800th win but more especially for Snake's 100th try. Having been there for most of Beaver's milestones this was a great occasion too.

Poured and poured and poured till I was soaked. Cold on the 45 min journey home but great that I can share my Manly passion with my daughters!! Nice to see DSM5 and Fluffy - saw Duff wearing the Big Eagle on the Front Jersey. Passed Corso Pete on the way out. I hate Monday night footy and it is hard to get there, but I am glad that I made the effort.

Was worth the drive over and to sit in the pouring rain - I won a signed jersey, caught up with my new friends and saw my favourite player of ALL TIME get his 100th.

I really am not a fan of MNF and not looking for to the 3 we have in the next 6 weeks.. but I'm happy that I can say I was there when Brett Stewart got his 100th try. A legend and my hero.

Anyone that could make it tonight and didn't because it was going to rain is an idiot. We stood out there in the ouring rain. My drum sounded out of tune because of the extra kilo of water on it but we were loud proud and had a lot of fun.

It was an honour that Stewy gave us 100 tries while we were getting rained on. I am not happy with the soffties that didn't turn up. Even a man from the NT was there tonight, and a lot of supporters didn't.

Duff worked out that if you do the best of maths, probably 3000 fans members/season ticket holders didn't tun up. I understand people that had work and were physically unable to attend. I understand as I have been there before. However, those douche bags that didn't turn up because they will get wet or it was cold or it was inconvenient, or wordt one, "I hate Monday Night Football", you missed a great atmosphere.

Nothing can beat a bunch of Manly fans drenched from head to toe, no umbrellas, still chanting, singing "singing in the rain" and chanting Orford songs to "That's Amore".

Give an example:

When your half kicks the ball
and the other team score

That's an Orford!!

It was well worth the flu I am going to get and I hope to see all you soft cocks at the Cowboys game in a few weeks. Redemption my friends is worth a lot to us.

Oh and Ayjay, no one will ever deny your support or anyone else that cannot make it, so don't think that this attack is on anyone that had a legitmate reason for not turning up. We know on the hill that you would have been there if you could have...

PS Wheel I didn't see you there so, just like Jonesy, you weren't there until you prove it to me!!!

I'm drunk, I'm cold, I'm wet, I'm happy, we're in the top 4 and I have work. Goodnight, take care and we'll talk soon.

Regards,

Drummerboy Jono

That duff god he's a left wing soft cock. Probably didn't want to mess up his hair I hope dsm told him where to go

Jono said:
Anyone that could make it tonight and didn't because it was going to rain is an idiot. We stood out there in the ouring rain. My drum sounded out of tune because of the extra kilo of water on it but we were loud proud and had a lot of fun.

It was an honour that Stewy gave us 100 tries while we were getting rained on. I am not happy with the soffties that didn't turn up. Even a man from the NT was there tonight, and a lot of supporters didn't.

Duff worked out that if you do the best of maths, probably 3000 fans members/season ticket holders didn't tun up. I understand people that had work and were physically unable to attend. I understand as I have been there before. However, those douche bags that didn't turn up because they will get wet or it was cold or it was inconvenient, or wordt one, "I hate Monday Night Football", you missed a great atmosphere.

Nothing can beat a bunch of Manly fans drenched from head to toe, no umbrellas, still chanting, singing "singing in the rain" and chanting Orford songs to "That's Amore".

Give an example:

When your half kicks the ball
and the other team score

That's an Orford!!

It was well worth the flu I am going to get and I hope to see all you soft cocks at the Cowboys game in a few weeks. Redemption my friends is worth a lot to us.

Oh and Ayjay, no one will ever deny your support or anyone else that cannot make it, so don't think that this attack is on anyone that had a legitmate reason for not turning up. We know on the hill that you would have been there if you could have...

PS Wheel I didn't see you there so, just like Jonesy, you weren't there until you prove it to me!!!

I'm drunk, I'm cold, I'm wet, I'm happy, we're in the top 4 and I have work. Goodnight, take care and we'll talk soon.

Regards,

Drummerboy Jono

I'll be in Brissie for sure,Johno.I was actually trying to bump the kid off,and head down.Unfortunately,her mother was welded to her work,and couldn't have her.**** happens.Plenty more games to get to.

I take my hat off to you guys.
Like the Fox man said, "Those ppl on The Hill need to be given a Family ticket to Manly's next home game, just for sticking it out!"

It looked cold & horrible. When I was younger I did silly things like that. Funny how those things stick in the memory banks a lot better than a stary, stary night.

You guys witnessed Snake's century. Good onya!
See you all next Monday at the Goldie!

BTW, the Manly Room was warm & cosy, with beer flowing all night here in Lismore!

Here's a question one of the comentators said last night they were lucky that the crowd didn't run on to the field last night and congratulate Brett (Plugga style) how close was that to eventuating?

I've just dried out and my fingers are working enough to type this morning. My wife and I must have been near you Wheel on the benches in front of the hill. Congrats to all that braved the conditions out in the open - we are the True Imbeciles! :D

It made it well worth it to be rewarded with seeing Snakes 100th (finally) and an extremely committed performance from the boys.

I'm starting to think God doesn't like Manly either. Fancy bunging on the ran as they ran onto the field and then turning the tap off at full time. :mad: Those softies in the stands went door to door without having to put their bloody umbrellas up!

eagles2win said:
Here's a question one of the comentators said last night they were lucky that the crowd didn't run on to the field last night and congratulate Brett (Plugga style) how close was that to eventuating?

All four of us that made up the crowd discussed it & in the end decided that it was a bad idea as the security guards outnumbered us handily.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7