Zorba - one of our Top 3?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This Zorba and his articles are a crack up lol. Now when you go to the clubs site the audio is the moose saying Peters passes it to Fulton. Lol. Lol. He clearly needs this to make him feel important. It is sad. But u have to laugh at the same time. Ahh I guess compared to his brother in law he is a complete failure. He needs something to make himself feel important. The wife being a Penn must always compare him with the brother. All he ever did was play a few games of first grade a decade ago. I hope he keeps writing this is pure entertainment. Lol.
Probably more like 4 decades or even closer to half a century ago...

I respect all of your views regarding Zorba and from a Manly supporter's perspective I can understand why many on this site appear to be anti-Zorba. There is no doubt he has has had an agenda since his sacking by Perry from his media role, which he obviously relished (nu pun intended given 'fridge-gate').

That Arko seems to be happy with the way things are now travelling with the club, I am happy, as he completely embodies what Manly is about and has been here from the start and is so passionate about the club.

I am sure there have been issues but apart from Vidmar, Max Delmege and a few associates, nobody on this site would really know what was happening politically within the club that many are concerned about.

I have no doubt that Zorba was the media leak and was pushing an agenda and I, like many disliked the negative press but obviously there are a lot of things many of are not aware of and not surprisingly since he thinks it's all resolved, there's been nothing but good press.

There's been turbulent times with the club and its ownership struggles but since I've supported the club (1968) there has been a very consistent group who have been constantly there, even though some may have departed for a bit and Zorba is one of them, so you cannot question his loyalty. His support for Brett Stewart was unwavering during his unfair court issues and if I was in a similar situation, I'd like to think there would be someone like Zorba there to support me.

So... if the two people I respect most about the Sea Eagles (Arko and Bozo) respect Zorba and his passion for the club then no matter how much I disliked the negative publicity last year which I suspect from Zorba, I have to respect his passion for the club.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...b-fulton-peter-peters-and-ken-arthurson/story

Oh thank you, Zorba , for aligning yourself with Bozo & Arko. I knew that you were good but I was unaware that you're into "Legendary" status. The "Three Wise Men" - that's how your crony mate, Dean Ritchie describes you.

Pardon me ... I want to throw up!
Danny Weidler is reporting that Dean Ritchie is changing his name by Deed Poll to Dean Deans. Dean was apparently inspired to do so by his pseudo-father Peter Peters, hence the adoption of a similarly imaginative new name as Peter's.

Sure Bozo and Arko deserve respect for their terrific contribution to the club but that doesn't make their judgement infallible. This article makes it pretty clear that Arko and Bozo have allowed mateship to trump the best interests of the club. Case in point is how the Toovey situation was managed. Surely if club interest was paramount to them, they would have told Zorba to pull his melon in when he undermined Tooves in the media and elsewhere. Instead, Arko tacitly supported his removal and Bozo recommended and arranged for Barrett to take his place. If Arko were a half-decent Godfather, he'd have delivered Zorba the Michael Corleone line - 'you're out of the family business....you're finished.' The fact that he hasn't is evidence enough that he's been blinded by mateship. Same goes for Bozo.

I respect all of your views regarding Zorba and from a Manly supporter's perspective I can understand why many on this site appear to be anti-Zorba. There is no doubt he has has had an agenda since his sacking by Perry from his media role, which he obviously relished (nu pun intended given 'fridge-gate').

That Arko seems to be happy with the way things are now travelling with the club, I am happy, as he completely embodies what Manly is about and has been here from the start and is so passionate about the club.

I am sure there have been issues but apart from Vidmar, Max Delmege and a few associates, nobody on this site would really know what was happening politically within the club that many are concerned about.

I have no doubt that Zorba was the media leak and was pushing an agenda and I, like many disliked the negative press but obviously there are a lot of things many of are not aware of and not surprisingly since he thinks it's all resolved, there's been nothing but good press.

There's been turbulent times with the club and its ownership struggles but since I've supported the club (1968) there has been a very consistent group who have been constantly there, even though some may have departed for a bit and Zorba is one of them, so you cannot question his loyalty. His support for Brett Stewart was unwavering during his unfair court issues and if I was in a similar situation, I'd like to think there would be someone like Zorba there to support me.

So... if the two people I respect most about the Sea Eagles (Arko and Bozo) respect Zorba and his passion for the club then no matter how much I disliked the negative publicity last year which I suspect from Zorba, I have to respect his passion for the club.

What is evident from the last few weeks, is that Arko and Bozo have the class to largely stay in the background and let things move on without fuss. Yes, Fulton has been a driving force of this change, and Arthurson has been 100% supportive of it from the sidelines. But you get the sense they are all business and have not looked to bag anybody that has been moved on. There is respect in the manner in which they are behind the scenes and not parading around as victors of sorts. This is what I see as the 'Manly way' when it comes to tough decisions. And both of these guys have been through plenty those at the club, recently and over the last 40 years!!!

But Zorba hasn't done anything quietly. If he was there to do a job, the nasty tone of his post-victory hit-pieces and re-writing of history, has shown a distinct lack of class. It is petty, vindictive and unnecessary, and shows that he has no place being mentioned along either Fulton or Arko, in this case.

I don't see how any of his commentatory has helped the club, or even assisted him in his own role to date. Without it, we'd be in exactly the same position given the influence is from those way above him on the food chain.

I recall after the 08 victory a raft of thank-you's to past players and support staff that had laid the foundation for the club to return to the competition, and improve every year. I sadly don't get the sense that anybody recently shown the door will be given the same courtesy in a Zorba piece, in the event we lift the trophy in the next few seasons.

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
Panoutas Peterides is like the ultimate politician. He starts fires, then puts them out and claims he's the hero with fluff pieces like this.

Everyone knows that Zorba is the center of all the recent dysfunction who has drip fed our enemies especially the news limited press damming information about Toovey and anyone else that is perceived to be unaligned to the Penn clan. The self indulgent BS has to stop cause our fans wont ever buy it!

One thing is for sure, nobody did too much to protect Toovey, or maintain his legacy,,,why?
I suppose because Toovey's best interests weren't in the Penn family's best interests.

ZtH/ZJU is the weak link of the Top 3, aka the Axis. Think Benito Mussolini without the brains and smart uniforms.

Another travelling day for me today so the first look at ST late in the afternoon and of course I was drawn to the thread name immediately.

I'm just about lost for words, if this is his new role , and this is what we are going to get on a weekly basis then God help our great club!!

G'day all,Shameful there is no other word for it.You can't get a lower opinion for anything than I have for the odious Toady.But the apparent complicity of Fulton and Arthurson in the appalling treatment of Toovey greatly diminishes their standing to me.Yes they might of improved our roster for next year,but that does not excuse the disgraceful treatment they have perpetrated on people who were entitled to much better.
cheers mike

G'day all,Shameful there is no other word for it.You can't get a lower opinion for anything than I have for the odious Toady.But the apparent complicity of Fulton and Arthurson in the appalling treatment of Toovey greatly diminishes their standing to me.Yes they might of improved our roster for next year,but that does not excuse the disgraceful treatment they have perpetrated on people who were entitled to much better.
cheers mike

Not just Tooves Mike, most of the office staff and all bar 1 or 2 in the Football Department , all sacked for little to no reason.

Not just Tooves Mike, most of the office staff and all bar 1 or 2 in the Football Department , all sacked for little to no reason.
G'day all,Totally agree Mark as my intended thrust was that it wasn't just Toovey who has fallen victim to this unscrupulous and unprincipled cabal that has taken over the club.I'll also go as far as to say that many paid a price for nothing more than doing what they thought was in the best interest of the club.
cheers mike

Andre the physio is still there, and I had a bit to do with Deeanne Lees over the years, and she's still there, but to my knowledge that's it.

I don't actually have any issues with new people wanting their choice of people to work with but it's the manner in which the existing people were shafted that's poor form.

ZtH loaded the gun, the Joker fired the bullets, and Mr Fluffy paid the costs for it all to happen.

Thus in my view diminishes the characters of Arko and Bozo

The SS towed the company line, followed orders for the betterment of Germany

Surely at some point there comes a time when even the most loyal must question the legitimacy of their leaders

2 morally bankrupt parties who never had any place in control

The Penns remind me of Joffrey,all that's required is a respectable family member to remind them that no true king needs to say that they are king

The interesting thing ( knowing ZtH) is that he thinks he's loved by all.

He doesn't do social media , and only communicates around in his own " inner circle " so in his mind he's like the messiah.

And articles like this only help to perpetuate the myth in his mind.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6