Zorba's column today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
In Zorba's column in the Manly Daily today, a piece headed 'Rock and a hard place':

"I don't know if one should congratulate or commiserate with Daly Cherry-Evans, Jake Trbojevic and Brian Kelly on their selection for the Prime Minister's team to play Papua New Guinea in Port Moresby. The Sea Eagles trio would rightly be proud to pull on the green and gold in the match with DCE captain. But the game is super tough played on a traditionally rock hard surface. Injuries in this game are a constant threat."

That's all he could say about their selection - no congratulations, no good luck or good wishes from him o_O Yes its an injury risk, but so are all games. Instead of doom and gloom, surely he could've been happy for them just a tad, or at least ended it on a positive note?! :mad:

Are you honestly surprised at all?

The irrelevant, useless, lump is going out kicking and screaming, with all the dignity and class we know he possesses.....ie NONE!
I have said it before and will say it again until Bozo penn and zorba all leave this club I love until then we won’t trully start our rebuild.
They have all had a part to play in destroying this club culture I love.
Can’t wait for this irrelevant man to leave this club

Last edited:
Probably more a reference to Walker getting seriously injured in last years game.

The first paragraph of Zorba's column today:
"An explosive bench - potentially the best in the NRL - has propelled the Manly Sea Eagles into an excitement team." He was then singing the praises of our bench who all had blinders last week.
But the sentence that I love is:
"Watching Manly will be a load of fun this season" which gave me goosebumps!
LOL Zorb. Couldn't have been more wrong if he tried.

Congratulate them you fat lump of turd! He thinks he is being clever. As Manly's spokesperson he should be doing everything possible to put a positive spin for our club. It's not like sponsors are flocking to our door. He could have focused more on young Kelly's debut and how he is a great ambassador and role model as an indigenous Australian. How Jake is the epitome of our club and our future, and the smarts and talent of DCE.. Zorba just fark off and go already you miserable swine !!

In Zorba's column in the Manly Daily today, a piece headed 'Rock and a hard place':

"I don't know if one should congratulate or commiserate with Daly Cherry-Evans, Jake Trbojevic and Brian Kelly on their selection for the Prime Minister's team to play Papua New Guinea in Port Moresby. The Sea Eagles trio would rightly be proud to pull on the green and gold in the match with DCE captain. But the game is super tough played on a traditionally rock hard surface. Injuries in this game are a constant threat."

That's all he could say about their selection - no congratulations, no good luck or good wishes from him o_O Yes its an injury risk, but so are all games. Instead of doom and gloom, surely he could've been happy for them just a tad, or at least ended it on a positive note?! :mad:
As usual we all see different things .
The Sea Eagles trio would rightly be proud to pull on the green and gold in the match with DCE captain. That is a positive !!!
But the game is super tough played on a traditionally rock hard surface. Injuries in this game are a constant threat." That is crazy !!!. Why doesn't the league do anything about the ground ? Maybe we can blame Zorba for that as well lol .

I notice in the same article he said a couple of ex players want to get back to the club in an official capacity as well - maybe Ballin, Monas?

I'd have Choc back in a heartbeat. He embodied why we were so successful for so long despite what numbnuts here will tell you.

He downgraded his own contract to keep the roster together. That is 100% fact.

The group agreed to do that, and it was 99% agreed to, and adhered to.

Now that all the mercenaries rule the roost, you hear of cliques, disharmony, and we are a shadow of that old close knit group.

Watmough gave 100% for us, 100% of the time. He bled maroon and white, until it all became untenable, due to his opinion on how the group could / should all stay together.

Okay, maybe some of the actions from him wasn't great when all the **** hit the fan, but he was left devastated. Jesus, even Steve Matai won't even correspond with the club anymore now. Glenn Stewart the same. Jamie Lyon has dusted his hands of the club.

If you could bring back Mona's (who loved the club - not sure why given his treatment), and Ballin, who embodied that teamsmenship, professionalism, you do it.

Outside entities are mercenaries. Here for the biggest buck in the shortest amounts of time (players, staff and coaches). When the going gets tough, they want to get going. That's not Manly culture.

Cartwright is another one of those. He's applied for 3 outside jobs in 18 months. NSW Origin, Panthers and Titans, and he didn't even reach interview stage. If he's then given the coaching gig, we are a basket case.

Maguire. I don't want Maguire thinking he's doing us a favour by employing him. He should feel bloody privalleged. Our club helped create the careers of Arthur, Siebold, Hasler, Tooves, Barrett and others. We are a stepping stone onto bigger / better things. So don't treat us/it like rubbish. We are a Godsend, and these people should feel lucky for being given the opportunity.

Don't blame the desks on the fact our brand expects / sands the best. You work for Manly, if you don't achieve results, you'll be heavily critiqued. We don't accept mediocrity.

That being said, I don't feel Penn has given (not only Barrett) but Tooves and others the appropriate support to get there.

We need change. Change for the positive.

Gorman has now failed at the appeal. We haven't signed a marquee player under his tenure. We've had the lowest attendance in decades. We have the equally performed worst performance on the field (ever). I remember Mayer decades ago talking about upgrades and Centres of Excellence, so excuse me if I feel more talk is just a waste of time. Gorman has achieved 0 since being here (18 months).

He needed to sack Ferris if he sacked Peters. I wish Peters took the club for discrimination and unfair dismissal, but between you and I, I heard an agreement waset, and Peters signed a confidentiality agreement.

Now is the time for results. After a failed appeal, if it's more talk, and Cartwright as coach, good luck Lyall. Take your ear plugs, to help with shielding the abuse you'll cop. Spend less time talking ****, and start spending more time convincing the owners to invest in their own brand like Russell Crowe does without having to let everyone and sundry know about it.

Just on Choc I know a lot on here don’t like him or how it went down. I’ve known Choc for a long time and he is a top bloke. My old man recently got diagnosed with terminal cancer they couldn’t do anything for him here so we sent him overseas for treatment. Long story short I put on a golf day to raise funds for mum and dad, rang Choc sent me up nsw jersey and Aussie jersey all signed to auction off without any questions. Champion bloke.

Just on Choc I know a lot on here don’t like him or how it went down. I’ve known Choc for a long time and he is a top bloke. My old man recently got diagnosed with terminal cancer they couldn’t do anything for him here so we sent him overseas for treatment. Long story short I put on a golf day to raise funds for mum and dad, rang Choc sent me up nsw jersey and Aussie jersey all signed to auction off without any questions. Champion bloke.
His heart was, is, and always will be Manly. That's a fact despite what he might say.

Yes, we do see different things. If we all thought the same, life would certainly be boring.
The good thing is we both see the same team and that is definitely not boring
Manly-Sea-Eagles.jpg

I reckon we all know something is not right at the club. It’s very sad, and testing the resolve of many of us to keep up the passion.
While ever the club is fragmented and sniping from within, we are doomed. Let’s hope some future decisions reflect the urgency of getting everybody on the same bus.
Looking forward to 2019 with Maguire. I am hearing it’s done, just ticking off the contractual stuff.
Get the boys working hard for one another, and the results will come

If they appoint Maguire, I want a joint presser with Gorman, Penn, Maguire, DCE and say J Turbo all together clearly expressing the same vision .

I want no B.S.

I want Maguire to clearly state, "my assistants are XYZ, my recruitment / list manager is ABC". They all start within 4 weeks.

I then want them to announce a new signing or two. Not 2nd tier guys. Proper signings . We've replaced some second tier guys like Wright with Rueben whatever his name is.

We've got a 5/8, but I'd like to know what plans the new coach has for us. I.e. a defensive mindset. A broad wide striking attacking outfit, who will have speed in the flanks.

These things should be organised by Gorman. It's business 101. Fill customers with hope and a vision. Then ask them to get in board, and support that.

More fluff and bull****, and regression with Cartwright on board, well, good luck to the Manly Titans going forward. Harbord Hilton will be over the moon

If they appoint Maguire, I want a joint presser with Gorman, Penn, Maguire, DCE and say J Turbo all together clearly expressing the same vision .

I want no B.S.

I want Maguire to clearly state, "my assistants are XYZ, my recruitment / list manager is ABC". They all start within 4 weeks.

I then want them to announce a new signing or two. Not 2nd tier guys. Proper signings . We've replaced some second tier guys like Wright with Rueben whatever his name is.

We've got a 5/8, but I'd like to know what plans the new coach has for us. I.e. a defensive mindset. A broad wide striking attacking outfit, who will have speed in the flanks.

These things should be organised by Gorman. It's business 101. Fill customers with hope and a vision. Then ask them to get in board, and support that.

More fluff and bull****, and regression with Cartwright on board, well, good luck to the Manly Titans going forward. Harbord Hilton will be over the moon
Our owners are successful business people and they do know that you need to spend money to get high returns . We need to invest in a proven high profile coach who can rebuild our fortress . They know what fans want and they know that the fans are customers and customers are the lifeblood of every business
I am optimistic that we will see some good changes

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8