Zorba's column today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
How many of these reunion things have there been and how come I never hear about them? Are they for members or just for the players?

On Monas, I believe he is still in England coaching at Wakefield (I think). Not sure why he would want to come back here in an official capacity after how we treated him. I am surprised the club haven't invited Ballin or Kite etc. to become involved in some capacity.

Zorba writes that everyone knew that jwh had signed with the roosters when he came to training in a new car.
Surely an 'at arms length', salary cap excluded, free car to go with his $50 per week beachside residence at Bondi. A prime example of how smart, as opposed to rich, the roosters are.:wasntme: Keep up the good work Greenturd.:sick:

Penn says there are still 3 candidates up for coach in another article today as well
That's interesting Cartwright would 100% be one of them but I wonder who the other two are
Maybe Neil Henry and the other could be a suprise

I disagree. One off games like this and the US examples are typical 'take the easy road" decision making by whoever runs the game. It's tokenism, pure and simple, just to make someone look like they are doing something. Every year we send a token game or two to the bush, but what has that done to arrest the decades long decline in bush league? They'd rather go with a flashy token game to get the media kudos, than do the hard yards required, which don't come with the media spotlight to bask in.

I agree that it is not enough just to play a NRL/representative game every year in these areas.

But taking games away from these areas is not going to solve anything. Especially if the AFL decide to turn up to areas like PNG and run their Auskick program which is actually successful at growing the game at a grassroots level.

I am not too bothered about the US game ... but PNG on the other hand also has a Queensland Cup winning team and should be a good talent pool for the NRL in the coming years as well.

Just remember what Lyall kept repeating at the Members meeting about the coaching role: "Seamless transition".
That can only mean Carthorse and Twenty will be with us in some capacity in 2019. I would love to think that Toovey would also qualify as being a "seamless transition" as he has Manly blood coursing through his veins.

Just remember what Lyall kept repeating at the Members meeting about the coaching role: "Seamless transition".
That can only mean Carthorse and Twenty will be with us in some capacity in 2019. I would love to think that Toovey would also qualify as being a "seamless transition" as he has Manly blood coursing through his veins.

It’s interesing reading into what was said at the forum, I know @The Wheel mentioned it was said “members will be happy” with the appointment, so fingers crossed that means we’ll see a decent Head Coach for 2019.

We’ve got to get rid of Barrett first though.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10