[Resurrected] Zorba's 'Statistics don't lie'

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
it is pointless. They got rid of Tooves and people who like Manly have voiced their disapproval. It's over. Why does he have a say in any form of media? .. okay it's only the Manly Daily but still, why him?

it is pointless. They got rid of Tooves and people who like Manly have voiced their disapproval. It's over. Why does he have a say in any form of media? .. okay it's only the Manly Daily but still, why him?

Agree he ( and if he does we do as well) needs to move on, him permanently!

Does anyone on here own a Soda Stream? If you're like me, you don't stop at the recommended amount of gas they say to pump into your water. You keep pressing that gas button until it makes that weird, loud noise and no more gas comes out. I bet that same noise comes out of Zorbie whenever he gets up out of the lounge...sits down on the lounge...ties his shoes...reaches for the jam...blinks his eyes.......

Just jokes! You can say what you like about the big unit, he certainly knows a good sort when he sees one. That comes from years of having a very firm grip of the obvious, which is surprising in itself. I wouldn't imagine his slug would be that obvious, even if he was standing on his head, naked.

Manly would have struggled more without DCE's kick meters. He has gone backwards in that area since 2011. Forans long kicking game was non existent, maybe having a better option at 5/8 in that department will help dce out.

I have had some interaction with Zorba over the years, and he is quite passionate. However this ownership model with its nepotistic tentacles has turned him into a very revengeful character. The best result for this club would be to remove him from any official roles. in the past 2 years he clearly has disaffected the fan base across the board. This site is a small snapshot of the Manly fan base, and judging from the comments, the tide has swung well and truly against him. There used to be some pockets of support, however many have jumped on the bandwagon (which is typical) The verdict is in and his role at the club is untenable. I really don't think it's necessary to be so nasty regarding his weight and personal appearance. Makes some of you look like a lynch mob lol. He needs moving on, get it done Scott if you really want to rebuild the goodwill amongst the loyal supporters, whom without, you have nothing.

I have had some interaction with Zorba over the years, and he is quite passionate. However this ownership model with its nepotistic tentacles has turned him into a very revengeful character. The best result for this club would be to remove him from any official roles. in the past 2 years he clearly has disaffected the fan base across the board. This site is a small snapshot of the Manly fan base, and judging from the comments, the tide has swung well and truly against him. There used to be some pockets of support, however many have jumped on the bandwagon (which is typical) The verdict is in and his role at the club is untenable. I really don't think it's necessary to be so nasty regarding his weight and personal appearance. Makes some of you look like a lynch mob lol. He needs moving on, get it done Scott if you really want to rebuild the goodwill amongst the loyal supporters, whom without, you have nothing.
He stole a fridge ffs he is entirely fat

Best summation I've read by another poster on here .

I said 12 months ago , if Penn wanted peace he had to offer his sacrificial lamb to counter the feelings of the masses.

ZtH no longer serves a purpose in the organisation, his links with the past are now limited to four players ( maybe 3), all of whom have two years or less to go.

He's had his revenge , nothing left to do.

Over to you Mr Fluffy!!

Toovey was never going to be one of the greats in the coaching ranks now or in the future but in saying that the performances in the last year and a half were more to do with not having the cattle in the forwards and the players attitude.

Yes you can take the angle that Tooves is responsible for discipline and maintaining a good man management relationship with the team but the issues that he came across were well out of his control.

Manly had no room in the cap or money to beef up the squad along with clearly falling behind in the fitness/speed and size areas so some of the mass cutting are justified.

Toovey done as well as expected under such a stagnant, restrictive, low funding, no room to move in the cap,unable to compete financially environment he was coaching under.

In short if Manly had the forward grunt and punch we would of easily made the 8.

In essence TC, he could not have done much better with what he had, and to sack the guy for those reasons alone is incomprehensible.

A fair summation???

I'm curious about your opinion of TB, TC. Does he have potential?
The real question is will he be allowed to coach & do things his way or will he be a Bozo - Penn puppet. I think most here believe he wont be pulling many strings himself.

He did better than expected with what we had but would of been moved on eventually I feel as I never felt he was a GF winning Coach more a fill in.
Don't know about you TC, but I thought midway through the second half of the GF against the Roosters that he had some chance of being a GF winning coach.

He did better than expected with what we had but would of been moved on eventually I feel as I never felt he was a GF winning Coach more a fill in.

Except he had a grand final won before Wolfman and the refs butchered it

If Wolfy never impersonated Ben Hunt we win

If the ref knew what a forward pass or knock on is we win

If Barrett wins anything it's because he inherited Geoffs team

Don't know about you TC, but I thought midway through the second half of the GF against the Roosters that he had some chance of being a GF winning coach.
He was a good enough coach to extract more out of a quality squad on the decline but not one to re-create a new era.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7