2014 Rumoured and confirmed signings.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Stevo said:
So, when did Jason King announce his retirement?

He won't make anything official till the off season.

Hopefully Foz and Sid also use the Xmas break to sign somewhere suitable :)
This year has shown how feral the Media gets :dodgy:

I think the players managers will be stringing out as long as possible and using the media to maximise the offer well into next season - unfortunately.....

HappilyManly said:
Stevo said:

He's club captain. Why would he sabotage his chances of a home ground sendoff at the end of the year be announcing his retirement after the season finishes?

Stevo said:
HappilyManly said:
Stevo said:

He's club captain. Why would he sabotage his chances of a home ground sendoff at the end of the year be announcing his retirement after the season finishes?

so that he can announce it when he hoists the premiership trophy!

Mini announced his retirement.

Also Raiders signed Josh Hodgson from Hull and Iosia Soliola from St Helens. SO the raiders have started recruiting from England cause no-one from the NRL wants to play for them. :D

Sticky.... the supercoach. :angel:

Blake Leary from the Northern Pride has signed with us from 2015 onwards,

http://www.northernpride.com.au/leary-and-nona-in-nrl-deals-with-manly-and-melbourne/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blake_Leary

Born in Mona Vale but raised in QLD.

Why are we signing him when the money could have been used for Glenn?

SEA EAGLES SIGN FORMER STORM AND COWBOYS BACK-ROWER
05/08/2014 · by Sea Eagles Blog · in Manly Warringah Sea Eagles, Sea Eagles News, Sea Eagles Player Movement. ·
The Sea Eagles have added another back rower to their 2015 roster following the departure of Glenn Stewart.

Blake Leary from the Northern Pride has signed a two year deal with Manly according to Rhys O’Neill of The Cairns Post.

The 23 year-old grew up on the Gold Coast playing for Keebra Park High School and also represented Queensland U/18’s in 2008.

He was part of the Melbourne Storm U/20’s squad which lifted the trophy in 2009 and captained that same side in 2010 before signing on with the Cowboys in 2011.

In one minor hiccup Leary was suspended for one game in 2011 by the Cowboys’ senior playing group for consuming alcohol during a playing week. After some injury woes he eventually made his NRL debut in 2012 and registered just one more top flight appearance in 2013.

Most of Leary’s Cowboys career was spent playing with feeder club the Northern Pride and it made sense that Leary would join them full time in 2014 as he aimed to gain another crack at the NRL.

“I just think the Pride get the best football out of me,” he told the Cairns Post at the time.

“I was speaking to JD (Pride coach Jason Demetriou) about it and he said his role wasn’t just to coach us for the season, but to also get us playing our best football so we get signed by NRL clubs.”

The edge back rower has been a stand out for the Pride, earning himself a place in the Queensland Resident’s side which defeated New South Wales Resident’s earlier this season in the curtain raiser to Origin III.

The plan certainly worked for Leary with Sea Eagles recruitment manager Dave Warwick commending Leary and the Pride for nurturing his talent.

“Being in a good team helps. They have been very good for Blake,” he said.

“If you are playing well in a good competition you are going to get noticed.

“The coach has to take a fair bit of credit. Jason is a very good coach.

“And Blake is a natural footballer – what you see is what you get.

“He can play on the edge and he can play in the middle. He will really suit our style.”

Leary will most likely play NSW Cup and compete for a bench spot next season as the Sea Eagles have some strong prospects already on the books and coming through the grades.

As Tom Symonds has shown since joining Manly, versatility is always a great asset when trying to force your way in to a side and Leary has spent some time at hooker in the past.

I love hearing about signings like this.

Young.
Hand picked by Dave Warwick who let's face it, has a great track record.
Versatile.
Just another unknown that will thrive in the Manly culture.

The guy must be so excited to be getting a start with the greatest club in the NRL.

lsz said:

I'd say he'd be more of a replacement for Daniel Harrison. And signing Glenn instead of 3-4 players and depleting our depth is not a smart move.

Ryan said:
HappilyManly said:
Kingy has to be retiring, so there would be plenty of money to sign a couple of Players.
Ferris and Tommy are a done deal, just some TPA etc to bed down. :)

Every Knights Player is off contract due to the change in ownership. I wouldn't mind Rochow or Scott :cool:

Youd also assume Wolfman will drop out of the 25. Id say hed be on 100 - 125k or so.

(Ill estimate the salaries below)

That would mean:
Jason King (retirement) 180k
Glenn Stewart (Rabbits) 375k
Wolfman (Other team) 125k
Cap increase 500k

We should have money to extend and acquire now

Glenn is on $800k this year, one of Des' back ended deals! but choc goes up to $900k next year so Glenns departure frees up about 250. All of which (plus the rest) will be used to upgrade Buhrer, Hiku and JSL. the 500k increase will be prorated according to clauses in players current contracts leaving Kings approximately 200 and wolfmans 150, I think it's doubtful we will be able to offload wolfie, meaning we will only be able to sign toilers, journeyman and juniors again! In saying that I think we have more than enough cover with the addition of leary and hopefully a few other of that type of acquisition. Gutherson, Trbojevic x 2, Chee Kam, Hodges, Sao, Charlie Taylor and Liam Knight are all future first graders. with all the doom and gloom going around I think our future is in actual fact very bright!

flying sea eagle said:

Glenn is on $800k this year, one of Des' back ended deals! but choc goes up to $900k next year

Source??
I thought this was confirmed by a couple of very reliable sources a few days ago as being BS & as being highly inflated figures

Clint said:
flying sea eagle said:

Glenn is on $800k this year, one of Des' back ended deals! but choc goes up to $900k next year

Source??
I thought this was confirmed by a couple of very reliable sources a few days ago as being BS & as being highly inflated figures

Surely not. Are you suggesting the media issue false information. Go wash your mouth out with ... well anything you desire...You deserve it.

lsz said:
I really need to learn how to show sarcasm online....

imthinkin6.gif
You could try using one of these:

sarcasm-1.gif

Sarcasm3.jpg

Manly To Win! said:
lsz said:

I'd say he'd be more of a replacement for Daniel Harrison. And signing Glenn instead of 3-4 players and depleting our depth is not a smart move.

That's funny. You posted the following in the Glenn Stewart thread:

"Meh, he's been crap since 2012, Buhrer and Symonds are much better options. It's sad how many people can't realise that he's had it as an NRL player. I really can't see him doing well at Souths."

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8