A thread for the death riders

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Just remembering some of the stuff I've seen & heard over the years on the Brookie hill LOL.

Funniest was Manly vs Sharks & this little feral bloke was hanging off the timber balcony at the side of the beer shed in amongst group of full on diehards.

He was effing & blinding like a sailor about the ref being a cheat, this bloke did this, the touchie was that etc.

At some point these 2 big blokes & a woman with a baby in her arms stopped to chat to one of the diehards & one of the blokes politely asked old mate to watch his language as there were women & children around (I reckon it was more the volume & frequency of his delivery than the actual content that bothered the bloke as old mate, despite being a little fella, had quite a voice on him).

So old mate made a genuine effort, you could tell, as he started censoring his outbursts after that so instead of stuff like " YOU FARKEN CHEATING CARNT!!!" it was more like "OH YOU FFFFFFFFF!!!!! YOU fffffff....CHEATING AAAARGGHHH!!! OH FFFFFFAAAARRR OUT COME ONNNN!!!" for few minutes...

...until he couldnt help himself any more & just let rip with his usual flow.

So the big bloke who'd politely asked him to mind his language goes "Mate, I asked you to----" to which old mate replied "OH GET FARKED, IVE ONLY FARKEN SWORN TWICE YA CARNT!!!"

LOOOOOOL!!!!

Big bloke grabbed old mate by the throat but didn't realise a security guard was on the other side of old mate & ended up being asked to leave HAHAHA.

Why not go find a Dr Phil, Oprah Winfrey or Maurie Povich thread somewhere on the Internet if you want to explore human behaviour?

This is a footy forum.

Or at least keep these threads out of mainstream footy stuff so that those of us who COME here after a great win to talk footy (good, bad, ugly) can do so without having to read the personal crap (specific or generic).

I honestly don't give one **** if @Waz13 thinks @globaleagle's like for yellow daisies is menial, or @47MVEagle thinks @ManEagle,s banana use fascination is awkward, or @Eagle of London feels @Disco's wearing of fishnet stockings is a turn-on.

Footy. People come here for footy. Of which we can disagree. A LOT.

Here is a summary of these threads (or comments about posters) on Silvertails:
That is a good Whinge. Bravo my silvertail loving friend. Bravo.....

No it's not though. Here it is in simple form. Say we are discussing Morgan Harper's form, and say @Soup says he sucks. There are two ways to counter if you disagree:

1. I disagree mate, Harper has had a few flat weeks, and got bundled by Olam in the finals last year, but is slowly getting better,

OR

2. You're such a whinger, I'm sick of hearing your negativity, it's always the same crap.

One is about the subject, one is about the poster, both have the same connotation.
But hypothetical say The Soup of the day was to perhaps not say Harper sucked and instead said Harper was a unless frothing Carnt over and over and over.
I'm all for saying someone suckes if the do but the terms of attack used on so many occasions make it fair game.

If someone is offended about others calling out such behaviour then perhaps it could be more about their embarressment of their deep down emotional vulnerabilities? Stick that in you Dr Phil pipe and suck on it baby.

Of course that last paragraph may make no F sense at all in the discussion at hand......

Just remembering some of the stuff I've seen & heard over the years on the Brookie hill LOL.

Funniest was Manly vs Sharks & this little feral bloke was hanging off the timber balcony at the side of the beer shed in amongst group of full on diehards.

He was effing & blinding like a sailor about the ref being a cheat, this bloke did this, the touchie was that etc.

At some point these 2 big blokes & a woman with a baby in her arms stopped to chat to one of the diehards & one of the blokes politely asked old mate to watch his language as there were women & children around (I reckon it was more the volume & frequency of his delivery than the actual content that bothered the bloke as old mate, despite being a little fella, had quite a voice on him).

So old mate made a genuine effort, you could tell, as he started censoring his outbursts after that so instead of stuff like " YOU FARKEN CHEATING CARNT!!!" it was more like "OH YOU FFFFFFFFF!!!!! YOU fffffff....CHEATING AAAARGGHHH!!! OH FFFFFFAAAARRR OUT COME ONNNN!!!" for few minutes...

...until he couldnt help himself any more & just let rip with his usual flow.

So the big bloke who'd politely asked him to mind his language goes "Mate, I asked you to----" to which old mate replied "OH GET FARKED, IVE ONLY FARKEN SWORN TWICE YA CARNT!!!"

LOOOOOOL!!!!

Big bloke grabbed old mate by the throat but didn't realise a security guard was on the other side of old mate & ended up being asked to leave HAHAHA.
Feels like this deserves a thread of its own "Tales from the Hill" everyone has a story

@Ryan was the RLW slaper game Michael O'connor's last game at Brookie? I remember balling my eyes out (I was only young) when the steelers beat us at the death in Mic's last game. Such an emotional day as he was my favourite player as a kid.

Hang on! Given the enlightenment I recently had of single posters operating multiple accounts could @Soup be the one and same as @strone33 who seems to have disappeared??? Wow mind blown.......
It's the same poster, strone33 changed his name to soup.

The fella is obsessed with liquid meals, since I assume "strone" is an abbreviation of "minestrone".

Next nom de plume to be "manshake"?

pretty sure vossy has a moot
moot....
straight away i got an image of these two in my head

1649407143785.png

It's the same poster, strone33 changed his name to soup.

The fella is obsessed with liquid meals, since I assume "strone" is an abbreviation of "minestrone".

Next nom de plume to be "manshake"?
Thank god for that. I was concerned there were actually 2 people out there who shared the illusive infinite negativity gene.

Mate, I was a Bears fan too.

I didn't fully get behind supporting Manly until the Northern Eagles JV fell apart & my kids started primary school & were in the same years as Watmoughs kids & Tooves' daughter was school captain.

I made the decision to support Manly then as they'd always (ironically) been the team I'd kept an eye on outside of the Bears & wanted a local team to follow again (as we'd moved to the Northern Beaches in 2004 from Cammeray) whose games I could take my kids to so they'd get to experience what I'd had growing up with having the Bears & NS oval as a local ground.
I feel you there mate. A lot of water under the bridge with our footy histories, huh.

My missus and I used to sit under the fig, on the fence, with a blanket, and enjoy a pie.

Devastating when they collapsed. Devastated when they merged. But in all honesty, the friends, the entertainment, the ups and downs Manly has given me can't be measured. In all honesty , this club and these players (and players past) have actually helped through some ****ing dark times, do for me, it's more than just a club and sport. It's a way of life. And I'll always be in debt to them for that.

From having Ashley Albert's, and the Stewart's giving up their weekends to having a BBQ with us and playing touch footy, to personal calls from Grant Mayer and getting the inside info, to organising that petition that got 10k signatures we organised and gave to the club (then onto Morris Iemma) l, to bring corporate sponsors and meeting a heap of players like Kingy and many others, to knowing the Arthursons (Mark and Ken), to this website community , it just goes on. And that's the thing, this feels like a community (good or bad). Maybe The Bears didn't have that because it was a different time (no social media).

But one thing I will say, positives and / or negatives aside, **** we are lucky to have this team to support, hey !

But hypothetical say The Soup of the day was to perhaps not say Harper sucked and instead said Harper was a unless frothing Carnt over and over and over.
I'm all for saying someone suckes if the do but the terms of attack used on so many occasions make it fair game.

If someone is offended about others calling out such behaviour then perhaps it could be more about their embarressment of their deep down emotional vulnerabilities? Stick that in you Dr Phil pipe and suck on it baby.

Of course that last paragraph may make no F sense at all in the discussion at hand......

Yep, good point mate, and I'll actually concede on that. If someone says something like Harper can't catch to save his life or whatever, fair enough. But to name call or insult is both out of control and unacceptable in my view too.

Agreed mate.

@Ryan was the RLW slaper game Michael O'connor's last game at Brookie? I remember balling my eyes out (I was only young) when the steelers beat us at the death in Mic's last game. Such an emotional day as he was my favourite player as a kid.
Know what...I think it was a particular day for Manly fans !! Actually could have been ! I tried to google it.

Michael O'Connor was ridiculous good. In my view, in the Brett Mullins class and level. Outstanding

42 seconds in. That's all I could find mate.

Know what...I think it was a particular day for Manly fans !! Actually could have been ! I tried to google it.

Michael O'Connor was ridiculous good. In my view, in the Brett Mullins class and level. Outstanding
Oh wow and here i was thinking we had finally found sime common ground....MATE.... Mullins while very good was but a reserve grader compared to the great Snoz O'connor.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10