A thread for the death riders

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hmmm maybe we should also have a Sunshine, lollipops, rainbows and unicorns thread as well.

I feel you there mate. A lot of water under the bridge with our footy histories, huh.

My missus and I used to sit under the fig, on the fence, with a blanket, and enjoy a pie.

Devastating when they collapsed. Devastated when they merged. But in all honesty, the friends, the entertainment, the ups and downs Manly has given me can't be measured. In all honesty , this club and these players (and players past) have actually helped through some ****ing dark times, do for me, it's more than just a club and sport. It's a way of life. And I'll always be in debt to them for that.

From having Ashley Albert's, and the Stewart's giving up their weekends to having a BBQ with us and playing touch footy, to personal calls from Grant Mayer and getting the inside info, to organising that petition that got 10k signatures we organised and gave to the club (then onto Morris Iemma) l, to bring corporate sponsors and meeting a heap of players like Kingy and many others, to knowing the Arthursons (Mark and Ken), to this website community , it just goes on. And that's the thing, this feels like a community (good or bad). Maybe The Bears didn't have that because it was a different time (no social media).

But one thing I will say, positives and / or negatives aside, **** we are lucky to have this team to support, hey !
@Ryan may you continue to bring your emotion, your insights and your love for this club for a long long time in this community. I just enjoy your posts so much.

You know when I joined this group many moons ago I very soon worked out there were three distinct groups of people on here.

The constant pessimists.
The eternal optimists.
And those that ride the emotion that supporting a sporting side can give you.

Every one of those people are entitled to an opinion and in my view shouldn’t be criticised for having that opinion.

Some choose to bag everything , some choose to look at things with rose coloured glasses , and some like @mickqld and I , come into games with great trepidation , usually with a negative connotation , but then celebrate wildly when we win.

It’s time that we all understood that we are all different , and different ain’t bad !!
@Mark from Brisbane long may your trepidation and sometimes outright pessimism reign. I know I go over board a lot and that's just what this damn club has done to me since 1973. My week can either be great or crap and a lot of times it comes from what result Manly has thrown up. I make no apology for being an emotional basketcase over this club because I love it more than nearly anything.

I feel you there mate. A lot of water under the bridge with our footy histories, huh.

My missus and I used to sit under the fig, on the fence, with a blanket, and enjoy a pie.

Devastating when they collapsed. Devastated when they merged. But in all honesty, the friends, the entertainment, the ups and downs Manly has given me can't be measured. In all honesty , this club and these players (and players past) have actually helped through some ****ing dark times, do for me, it's more than just a club and sport. It's a way of life. And I'll always be in debt to them for that.

From having Ashley Albert's, and the Stewart's giving up their weekends to having a BBQ with us and playing touch footy, to personal calls from Grant Mayer and getting the inside info, to organising that petition that got 10k signatures we organised and gave to the club (then onto Morris Iemma) l, to bring corporate sponsors and meeting a heap of players like Kingy and many others, to knowing the Arthursons (Mark and Ken), to this website community , it just goes on. And that's the thing, this feels like a community (good or bad). Maybe The Bears didn't have that because it was a different time (no social media).

But one thing I will say, positives and / or negatives aside, **** we are lucky to have this team to support, hey !
There are times I think you are a bipolar fruitloop,other times OCD to the power 10.
At your core you are a good human and your passion means you speak what you think and many on here to me speak a lot of BS.
Maybe you have a bit too much mentally invested in the Sea Eagles/Silvertails for your own good but supporters with your passion are rare.
I would have a drink with you(watching a Sea Eagles game with you might be another matter)

Mate, many years ago (as people know, and I've copped plenty for), I was a Bears supporter. As a Bears supporter, I always hated Manly, because they were something The Bears could never be - winners :p .

Anyways, I don't know if people recall this game, but Manly were playing Illawarra Steelers at Brookvale Oval. The scores were really tight, and the crowd on the hill was tense (I had a Bears jersey on), but the masses were very, very quiet. Manly were narrowly ahead by 2 points (or something similar), with literal seconds to go on the clock.

Illawarra had the ball and spread it wide, just out from their own try-line. Rod Wishart gets the ball, and shanties around his opposing winger, and races 80 metres to score the try, and win the match, silencing the crowd (who were shocked - Manly was definitely the dominant team all game).

But the fans sat there on the hill, eyes wide open, jaws dropped, wtf had just happened !

One solitary figure (me) stood up on the hill (right in the middle) and cheered. The crowd was GRUMPY, but you could hear a pin drop. One older gentleman (probably a @Woodsie type @:D) wearing his Pioneer Sea Eagles jersey stood up right behind me. He summarily rolled up his Rugby League Week magazine, and thwatted me right upside the back of the head with it, making a sharp but resonant "slapping" sound.

The crowd erupted into laughter, as I sat back down immediately, in shame ! Hahaha. After a loss. I was very embarrassed. But it was something I'll always remember forever with fondness and a smile.

It's amazing how I could go from that, to having Manly results determine how happy I am week to week, riding the almighty highs, and disappointing lows - hahaha.
I was there that night….pretty sure it was Michael O’connors last game for us

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8