A thread for the death riders

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
DCE had a mostly great game with the boot but he also kicked out on the full, attempted a cross field kick to Saab which was never on and was the main culprit for the Knights lone try. I’ve been overly critical of him but he has been great the last couple of weeks, however he needs to be more consistent if we are to be any chance of beating the Penrith’s and the Melbourne’s of the world

I'm not even in-country but I can tell we are just not hitting the mark.....when it comes to manipulation of Ref decisions and towing the NRL storylines.

I mean....come-on! How long can we rely on this balancing act of getting screwed in the meaty parts of the game, only to have the ref balance the ledger once the result is in no doubt? 6-agains? FAIL. Penalty count (when it matters) FAIL!! Wait til you play the Eels, we'll show you the definition of bias.

Clearly, this is a fallacy of technique and tactics on behalf of the Manly boys. Naivety personified - Get with the program or GTFO.

We obviously need to be penalised as much as we are when the game is in the balance - I mean the bastards are asking for it, what.. with tackling their marquee players when they should be asserting their value (no sleight Kalyn, but mate there was a vacancy sign up most of tonight on your watch - don't blame our boys for setting up shop). We try so hard to emulate the greats of ruck-control like the Storm, but you ain't in an AFL heartland needing a leg-up to remain relevant Eagles! (Whistle) Penalty for holding down in the ruck....250% times that of the Knights!

Get over the fact you're an expendable club. We don't need anything from the N.Beaches except their money - and you got the Roosters representing privilege - join that bandwagon already...

It's obvious we can't bat with the big boys when it come to convincing the Ref we deserve equal consideration. This is a failure of training, tactics and overall brainpower. Sack Des Hasler - SDH (TM)

Keppie had it right when he decided to don the milkman frock and beg for the crusher. Despite being over-ruled (which - if it had been Tedesco, Slater of Cam Smith in their heyday, was an instant send-off with 15-weeks of bans for consideration on how much of a sht-cnt they were for laying a finger on royalty - but no...it was dropsies Keppies - Get crushed prick... It's not like it's someone the NRL actually gives 2 ****s about), this was the right approach Kep. Perhaps there is hope for the butter-fingered, thick-set prop yet.

Overall, we'll be lucky to finish in the top 18 (on penalty counts) - and that is being generous.

Admit it, we deserve this horrendous (penalty count) discriminatory response from the NRL - we are over-performing with a roster most deem sum-par - but TUBRO!! - and heavily over-invested in a player not available right now. The script says we lose, and lose well! Why can't you get that!!?

Stop messing with the program Manly. Lose. And lose with the lack of dignity the experts like Voss, Anasta and Girdler expect - you know...the REAL experts. Stop messing with fairytales, and know your place. Be the Spoon we need you to be, to feel good about our decisions in life.

/Sarc in case people are obtuse...

Last edited:
Please don't take this the wrong way Ryan, lots of people vent their frustrations after a loss and that is what Silvertails is here for. There is a lot of Des this, DCE that, Croker bad. It's never 100% right or wrong. Regardless of the result there is always gonna be some degree of "I told you so". If you can't take it don't dish it out.

But isn't that the diff?

Some people vent their frustration about footy stuff.
Other people vent their frustration at forum people stuff.

That latter isn't what draws people here, you'd hope.

Anyways, each to their own. As I said, the last thing that pops into my mind after a great win, is having a go at anyone here.

But isn't that the diff?

Anyways, each to their own. As I said, the last thing that pops into my mind after a great win, is having a go at anyone here.
Yeah you're right. I think the issue is when people take offence to a difference of opinion.

Great win that we really needed.

Canterbury who are Barrett, Canberra who were terrible, and Newcastle who were crippled. Just saying, don’t get carried away.
ANDDDDDD......

Penrith who are the best NRL side by a long long way and the Chooks who are not far behind in the best of the rest fight.

Just saying you can only beat those you play against.

The ratio shifts exponentially when we lose though. I like the idea of this thread though it’s kind of a designated naughty corner.
Its the manic Depressive appreciation society around here most of the time. One week it's up and then it's down. hey, we won up. oh, we lost down. hey we won but we played bad down!!! and so forth.

Love one of the threads that have popped up after the win today proclaiming we will win the comp from one of the most negative posters I've ever seen. up down up down up down ...........

You may be right, but it was still an incredibly ambitious kick given the weather and the flow of the game. I can't believe he had the balls to even attempt it!
i thought dce went well, but that kick isnt about having big balls, its about having something missing

I love that DCE is being creative and thinking outside the box but there is a big difference in risk level between a 20-40 and a chip to the winger 20m off your own line in a close game...

I personally would prefer that he put that play back in the box... and lock the f*cking thing...
think back to 2011 g.f.
gift put in that grubber.
when it works you are called a genius & when it doesn't your called a dope.
some teams compress their line so much i have been wanting dce to try that, although last night when he finally did they had a player out there,
still by doing that it may have forced the knights to not compress as much for the rest of the game incase he tried it again.

With threads like this and @BOZO missing. It is good to see free speech and cancel culture alive and well on Silvertails? Forums like this are so much better when everyone agrees and says the same thing?

Great win. Loved the attitude in defence, been wanting to see that for ages.

think back to 2011 g.f.
gift put in that grubber.
when it works you are called a genius & when it doesn't your called a dope.
some teams compress their line so much i have been wanting dce to try that, although last night when he finally did they had a player out there,
still by doing that it may have forced the knights to not compress as much for the rest of the game incase he tried it again.
Fair points... a team like the Riff or storm would have immediately turned that into points tho...
I would rather have seen that ball kicked towards the sideline around the 50m mark and let Saab use his pace... but you are right, if it comes off he is a whiz...

With threads like this and @BOZO missing. It is good to see free speech and cancel culture alive and well on Silvertails? Forums like this are so much better when everyone agrees and says the same thing?

Great win. Loved the attitude in defence, been wanting to see that for ages.
I see free speech and I see nobody getting cancelled.

People have every right to when we are leading 10-6 go into meltdown and call the season over.

And other people have every right to call that silly.

Then the first group have every right to say its silly to call out the silliness.

Its the Silvertails circle of life.

But isn't that the diff?

Is this not venting frustration at forum people venting frustration at forum people?

Your mission - accomplished.
Animated GIF

I think threads like these are fair game. Some here have no problem throwing personal insults and attacks on the team, players and coaches in very strong terms. To me, it often goes beyond just talking footy. So I figure they ought to be able to cop a little bit of shade from time to time and we all move on.

Its the manic Depressive appreciation society around here most of the time. One week it's up and then it's down. hey, we won up. oh, we lost down. hey we won but we played bad down!!! and so forth.

Love one of the threads that have popped up after the win today proclaiming we will win the comp from one of the most negative posters I've ever seen. up down up down up down ...........
“No Soup for you!!!!”

I think threads like these are fair game. Some here have no problem throwing personal insults and attacks on the team, players and coaches in very strong terms. To me, it often goes beyond just talking footy. So I figure they ought to be able to cop a little bit of shade from time to time and we all move on.

Why not go find a Dr Phil, Oprah Winfrey or Maurie Povich thread somewhere on the Internet if you want to explore human behaviour?

This is a footy forum.

Or at least keep these threads out of mainstream footy stuff so that those of us who COME here after a great win to talk footy (good, bad, ugly) can do so without having to read the personal crap (specific or generic).

I honestly don't give one **** if @Waz13 thinks @globaleagle's like for yellow daisies is menial, or @47MVEagle thinks @ManEagle,s banana use fascination is awkward, or @Eagle of London feels @Disco's wearing of fishnet stockings is a turn-on.

Footy. People come here for footy. Of which we can disagree. A LOT.

Here is a summary of these threads (or comments about posters) on Silvertails:

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8