• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kudos to Watmough he is looking pretty good. There were some bad feelings in those years, I am really pleased to see that the players have made their peace and to see players from our last great era coming back to be a part of the life of the club. That can only help our next premiership charge - soon may it be!!

No I’m not , you actually used the words blaming him for the loss of the two kids.

That’s crap , and you know it.

The deal you talk about wasn’t driven by him personally , he was just the collateral damage.

I’m no lover of Aaron Woods , he’s a lower tier player in his last year , I owe him no loyalty at all , but I’m happy to defend him , as I would any player , when they are wrongly accused.
Haha. Youve really got your panties all knotted up tonight haven’t you!! Show me where the word ‘blame’ is here:

“Well he did cost us two potentially pretty good players. That could come back to bite us in the next couple of years if they go on to be great 1st graders - gutho, Hynes, etc.”

I’ll explain it for you one more time. Listen carefully and try to grasp the basic concept. Say ‘he’ cost us two players doesn’t mean ‘he’ himself literally went out and organised for two players to swap with him. That’s obvious. But ‘he’ as a part of the trade came to us in a ‘swap’ for the two players. Therefore that is the ‘cost’ of him coming. Fairly basic I would’ve thought.

For the record I think he played pretty well. Im just pointing out that we might’ve cocked up by taking an ageing player for two up and comers. MIGHT have.

So please once again, have a beck’s and a lay down. You’re obviously having a difficult night. But thanks for your interest.

Well he did cost us two potentially pretty good players. That could come back to bite us in the next couple of years if they go on to be great 1st graders - gutho, Hynes, etc.
Your first line says it all really, and the implication that what he’s done will come back to bite us in the next few years.

For the record , he did nothing.

He was a pawn between the negotiations for two clubs.

I rest my case , goodnight.

Grounding of the ball can be done with any front part of the upper torso from waist to neck,which means the back of the hand is suffice
I'm not convinced, say the opposition put a grubber kick through and Tom rolls over with his upper torso/back on the ground - would not be viewed as grounded at all

I'm not convinced, say the opposition put a grubber kick through and Tom rolls over with his upper torso/back on the ground - would not be viewed as grounded at all
Is this convincing enough,straight from the NRL rule book
IMG_3450.jpeg

Is this convincing enough,straight from the NRL rule book View attachment 23611
Hopefully - in section "C" it states the "front part of body" meaning you can't use your back of torso to ground the ball and I always felt this could include back of hand ?
But going on further is says "hand" which 1 would think includes the back of the hand.
I guess the fact that it's such a rare grounding makes it tricky, how many tries scored or saved have any Silvertails seen by grounding with the back of the hand .... exactly none right ....
Well at least we all know for the future....

The thing that is misleading is the freeze frame. He was not trying to force it with downward pressure he was trying to pick it up and messed it up. Opinions will differ but IMO it was a poor decision.

Your first line says it all really, and the implication that what he’s done will come back to bite us in the next few years.

For the record , he did nothing.

He was a pawn between the negotiations for two clubs.

I rest my case , goodnight.
The big thing here is player managers which few have overlooked.
It has already noted Moses is Siebs manager woods is Moses and funnily enough so is rumoured new addition Tommy Talau.
Our pack needs some experience and to me Woodsie fits it. We all see massive potential in Paseka if he can help bring kid along then all for it. Keppie time certainly not over at all.
Crying over 2 kids who parents met with dragons and clearly did not want to be hear then by by.
The big one hear Is upgrade Olakau’atu he is turning into elite talent. When I look at our team now Tommy, Dce, Jake and now Olakau’atu are elite. This bloke Is a game winner.

No you’re wrong , HE didn’t do anything like that.

The youngsters were offered much more money than we could afford , they were going in 24 regardless.

St Merge wanted them early , “ ok you can have them early but we want $200k ” says Manly , “ sorry we can’t afford that but we’ll offer you a player for nothing , he’ll be on our cap not yours “.

Manly then thinks “ well that’s $200k we can use to upgrade the Big O ( who was asking for it ) and then it gives us a other spot in the 30, so rightio St Merge , we agree “.

Aaron Woods would have had no part on that other than being told he was moving.

He did NOT cost us the loss of two young players , that’s just utter bull ****.
Thanks for the clarity Mark. There is one thing I'm unclear on...
You say we got $200,000 (to upgrade Guacca) plus Woods for free, and a vacancy in our top 30 roster. Presumably that 30th spot will be filled by Gordon, although he is not featured on the club website yet. Whoever fills that spot will cost us money. If it is a development player then the club will have to increase their salary by $50,000 at least.
So, the club would only have $150,000 or so to increase Guacca (or others).
If it is a 'named' recruit he will cost at least $200,000.
Is that your understanding?
And why hasn't the club filled the 30th position yet? Is it waiting for Talau to come over from the Tugers?

Thanks for the clarity Mark. There is one thing I'm unclear on...
You say we got $200,000 (to upgrade Guacca) plus Woods for free, and a vacancy in our top 30 roster. Presumably that 30th spot will be filled by Gordon, although he is not featured on the club website yet. Whoever fills that spot will cost us money. If it is a development player then the club will have to increase their salary by $50,000 at least.
So, the club would only have $150,000 or so to increase Guacca (or others).
If it is a 'named' recruit he will cost at least $200,000.
Is that your understanding?
And why hasn't the club filled the 30th position yet? Is it waiting for Talau to come over from the Tugers?
Don’t really know the machinations of it but did hear that Woods was offered in lieu of a transfer fee.

This would be because the transfer fees would have to be paid by the club , whereas playing fees are part of the salary cap and as such are absorbed by the NRL.

My summation ( guessing really ) is that the $200 plus thousand saved on the young fellas wages ( again paid by the NRL) would then be used for the Big O upgrade , as an advance on next year ( again a guess ).

I would say the club would have the cap reserves to bring in player 30, whoever that might be.

I would suggest ( more guessing ) it’s a centre as that’s where we are really short and they’ll leave Gordie as a development player able to be chosen for one off games after round 11.

The big thing here is player managers which few have overlooked.
It has already noted Moses is Siebs manager woods is Moses and funnily enough so is rumoured new addition Tommy Talau.
Our pack needs some experience and to me Woodsie fits it. We all see massive potential in Paseka if he can help bring kid along then all for it. Keppie time certainly not over at all.
Crying over 2 kids who parents met with dragons and clearly did not want to be hear then by by.
The big one hear Is upgrade Olakau’atu he is turning into elite talent. When I look at our team now Tommy, Dce, Jake and now Olakau’atu are elite. This bloke Is a game winner.
Definitely, the player managers have instigated and controlled all this.

Woods has been a pawn, and the clubs just trying to manage their caps.

Suggesting that Woods is the cause of us losing the two young players is absolutely and utterly laughable.

Definitely, the player managers have instigated and controlled all this.

Woods has been a pawn, and the clubs just trying to manage their caps.

Suggesting that Woods is the cause of us losing the two young players is absolutely and utterly laughable.
Yeah it's the managers. I have no doubt Tartak contacted club and said Olakau’atu can get this elsewhere and I have offers. Manly...we don't have cap space ..I know how I can create cap space for you, bingo I can get these 2 boys bigger deals at dragons and give you Woods for free ? What do you think ?

Yeah it's the managers. I have no doubt Tartak contacted club and said Olakau’atu can get this elsewhere and I have offers. Manly...we don't have cap space ..I know how I can create cap space for you, bingo I can get these 2 boys bigger deals at dragons and give you Woods for free ? What do you think ?
Nailed it !!

Woodsie was simply a pawn in the machinations driven by the managers.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8