Addin Fonua-Blake

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Understandable that many have strong aversions here. And does this mean he could never play again? And would making offenders effectively unemployable solve this social issue, or maybe make it worse?

Personally I wouldn't want him playing for us. He's been found guilty of hitting a girl, I doubt I could cheer for this hero.
Yeah, I'd generally agree Moondog...but for some reason I had the impression it was mor complex than simple assault - something the Dragons coach or CEO said when he was sacked always made me think he hadn't been hitting her, was more intimidation or pushing or something. No excuse mind you, still a low act, but just thnkng back the Dragons guy said somethings like "I feel sorry for Addin, the way it has come about had been unfortunate" or similar, which isn't the statement of someone who is disgusted by the guy's behaviour. Unless the dragons guy was an effwit as well I guess...

Yeah, I'd generally agree Moondog...but for some reason I had the impression it was mor complex than simple assault - something the Dragons coach or CEO said when he was sacked always made me think he hadn't been hitting her, was more intimidation or pushing or something. No excuse mind you, still a low act, but just thnkng back the Dragons guy said somethings like "I feel sorry for Addin, the way it has come about had been unfortunate" or similar, which isn't the statement of someone who is disgusted by the guy's behaviour. Unless the dragons guy was an effwit as well I guess...
I'm a bit biased Freagle, I've got four daughters and if some bastard hit one of them I'd kill him. I've always thought if you dislike a chick that much leave, don't be a standover. A lot of blokes will feel sorry for a dickhead, doesn't make them any less of a dickhead though.

I'm a bit biased Freagle, I've got four daughters and if some bastard hit one of them I'd kill him. I've always thought if you dislike a chick that much leave, don't be a standover. A lot of blokes will feel sorry for a dickhead, doesn't make them any less of a dickhead though.
Right on brother. I have three boys, and in terms of fathering advice/rules, respect for women is at the top of the list. That and an insistance they never support any team other than Manly of course...

Right on brother. I have three boys, and in terms of fathering advice/rules, respect for women is at the top of the list. That and an insistance they never support any team other than Manly of course...
I've got three boys too Frank and they've been taught the same.All the girls are Manly fans, the two eldest blokes as well but the young guy has got a bad attitude, he's a f**king donkeys supporter!

Personally sickened by violence, especially a girlfriend /wife beater....but the particular case here is different.
The cut from Illawarra was deeper than his personal relationship, which has 2 sides to the story.
If he was found guilty in relationship to abuse, I would be on board here, but as we know sometimes like the Brett Stewart incident, mud sticks unfairly.
Fact is, he did have separate disciplinary issues at the club which is a red flag.
Just hope at Manly, like others before him, he can reach his undoubted talent.

Personally sickened by violence, especially a girlfriend /wife beater....but the particular case here is different.
The cut from Illawarra was deeper than his personal relationship, which has 2 sides to the story.
If he was found guilty in relationship to abuse, I would be on board here, but as we know sometimes like the Brett Stewart incident, mud sticks unfairly.
Fact is, he did have separate disciplinary issues at the club which is a red flag.
Just hope at Manly, like others before him, he can reach his undoubted talent.

Written by STAFF WRITERS, April 18, 2015

DRAGONS young gun Addin Fonua-Blake has been fined $1000 and hit with a 12 month suspended jail sentence for assaulting his ex-girlfriend.

The promising prop and former Dragons NYC captain pled guilty to the charge of common assault and was sentenced in Waverley court last Wednesday.

He is a convicted criminal and the NRL Integrity Unit should deal with him in the same way that Packer and Ferguson were :fubar:

Welcome aboard Johnny & Addin !

Addin is my nephew and hopes he does really good for manly, he is in good mind set, focused and can't wait to back on the field.

Long story about what happened, but it's all done now and looking forward to watching out there again.

Addin is my nephew and hopes he does really good for manly, he is in good mind set, focused and can't wait to back on the field.

Long story about what happened, but it's all done now and looking forward to watching out there again.
There's always two sides to every story. He, like most others, deserves a second chance, so good luck to him. Hopefully he has learnt some lessons and is ready to be make the most of an opportunity.

There's always two sides to every story. He, like most others, deserves a second chance, so good luck to him. Hopefully he has learnt some lessons and is ready to be make the most of an opportunity.
Agreed, but has the NRL granted him clearance to play?

I don't know him personally, but have good friends at the club who believe it was far from a black & white case as suggested....certainly no shrinking violet & truth be known, had a reputation as a super talent who would never meet his potential....by all reports at Manly his attitude is on & look forward to seeing him in the headlines for the right reasons.

Given he has been banned for 12 months it follows some of the previous guys like Ferguson so the NRL may well be happy with that side of things.

Given he has been banned for 12 months it follows some of the previous guys like Ferguson so the NRL may well be happy with that side of things.
NRL decisions don't commence till the Court sentences lapse, in case they contravene the GBH bond.
So he has till April before the Integrity Unit look at his case.
Packer and Fergi set the precedence.

I'd rather that Liam Knight gets his first chance at NRL, rather than this guy getting his nth one. @:cool:

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6