All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Keep reading how MP wanted to come to Manly but the dollars won out in the end...

I hope the newcastle fans/team mates/mgt are all happy with this attitude he's taking there (if true).

Maybe he'll still end up here!

lol
He couldn't win the big games for the roosters when he loved playing for them let alone a team that he is only joining because of the money

Noticed a few times you saying that the club is in the wrong for releasing Green.

The club doesn't get a choice in that situation. I mean they do, but Green can make it very difficult if forced to stay.
Green wasn't turning up to preseason training and his manager was immediately happy to play hardball.

Yes we may have kept him on the books against his will but he probably would have sat out injured or something and we end up in a Farah situation. Not a great look for the club and creates a bad culture.

Green leaving sounds like it wasn't an option.
We kept mattai when he wanted to sign a 4 year deal with the warriors hence why he doesn't want a bar of Manly these days

So do you agree with the strategy of saving cap space to re-sign these unknown quantities? I mean, I don't see any standouts (JWH, Foran, Edwards, Gutherson, Turbo) were a few of those types as example.
I don't think it's a strategy of saving huge cap space - they are on minimal money now, and if they show they are first grade quality then they get upgrades; otherwise they get released. We showed that when a quality player comes on the market we will have a real crack at signing them - we just won't pay overs.

I think we have 4-5 players in that grade that show potential - chances are that only 1 or 2 will make it.

I think Barrett was suggesting that we want to provide opportunities for our young guys to prove their worth before we let them go to other clubs (prematurely).

looks like it's going to be a big fat nothing burger, disappointed
nothing burger.jpg

Are you sure? I know I'm clutching at straws but he's 29, a good goalkicker and I think him partnering DCE may have worked well.

Also is Maloney signed, sealed & delivered with Penrith or still being finalized?

Very disappointing we failed with Pearce but can't blame him. Obviously took the $ versus 1) a chance at another premiership, 2) playing Origin, 3) staying in Sydney.

Glad we didn't keep Green against his will though - by the sounds of it that was not an option.
Hodko lagged taking the goal kick that lamb shanked. Some senior player. He hung the kid out to dry on that one.

They were terrible most of the season, and barely scraped into the finals at all. It's fantastic that they won the thing, but I'm going by a seasons form, rather than 2-3 games (and let's just say that last game was more luck than anything).

They aren't world beaters you'd pass up marquee players for (which is what Barrett has alluded to). Honestly, apart from maybe Fainu, not one of them is anywhere NEAR 1st grade quality (well, maybe Parker is).

Unbelievable!!!!!
A bunch of kids who no-one expected to do anything, win the Premiership and yet you bag them.
For someone who constantly bangs on about wanting only players who will bleed maroon and white, you sure can confuse me. These guys were much younger than a lot of other teams and came good in the finals. In the GF, it was men (Parra) against boys (us) and after 15 minutes, it looked like they would put 50 on us. Yet, these kids hung in and withstood everything Parra threw at them. Showed a heap of guts to me and were Manly to the core! Definitely weren't the best team on the field but won it anyway. They seem like the type of youngsters I'd like to retain and wait until they mature.

Can these 125 pages and all the bull**** be deleted?
I was kinda hoping someone would go through them and reconcile the bets made on whether Pearce was a done deal or not. Let's see whose mailman actually delivered. There were plenty of claims made.

I was kinda hoping someone would go through them and reconcile the bets made on whether Pearce was a done deal or not. Let's see whose mailman actually delivered. There were plenty of claims made.
That would be very funny if someone did actually do that

My concerns:
X Jake will only just be coming back from serious off season surgery
X Dylan won't be back until potentially round 6
X Parker had season ending injury
X Sironen / Lussick are still just getting match fitness back
X Lost our starting Centre (Walker), Prop (Lawrence), Depth prop (Myles) & 5/8 (Green)
X Have 0 1st grade experienced recruits
X Cartwright / S. Fulton are our recruiters (unable or inable to attract talent)
X There is still a huge staff bully in the fitness ranks
X Still have Salary Cap accusations live & well
X Contacted The Sea Eagles about 3 reserve seat tickets equating to 1.5k (they didn't bother replying)
X Club talks about the quality juniors (Blacktown came last, NYC came 8th on for and against)

I have some small trepidation going into season 2018 both on and off the park.

You are back in form.
Congrats.

I think if Pearce was almost prepared to take a much lower deal to sign with us we clearly are still an attractive option for players

Reportedly he hasn’t signed a contract with the Knights yet. Could be a tactic to shake out a last minute offer from us or the Sharks. But doesn’t look like we are playing ball. There is still the cooling off period isn’t there?

Just throwing it out there...what about Widdop? How long is he contracted to the dragqueens? He'd be great at Manly, a great organiser and compliment DCE better than MP. He can also goal kick and play fullback to cover Turbo when he's playing rep footy.

Reading the play a few minutes ago.

Manly was where Pearce wanted to go, 3 yr deal. Their original offer was based on cap space the NRL don't agree with. Pearce has extended a decision for 10 days to allow Manly to try and make it work without a backended deal.
That's garbage.

Can you imagine the backlash he would cop if he reneged on the Knights? He would be the most despised person in the game. If he wanted another 10 days, he would just hold off...he wouldn't sign with the Knights, have it made public and then sit back and wait 10 days.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10