All we are saying, is Pearce off !

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Too many people's "sources" have been talking square out of their anuses recently.

The Taupau and Walker signings have given me enough confidence that the club can pull rabbit out of the hat type signings when they are least expected. With $800k left in the cap I am happy that we will put it to good use. It is a shame that we've had to wait so long, and I was sad to miss out on Moylan, but not so much Pearce... I think he'll be a 24 carat turd for Newcastle to be honest.
For what its worth Thompson was looking all but a done deal until pearce became available and from close reports manly had an offer to pearce rejected by the nrl.
Sources can only report what they hear, just cos it doesn't eventuate doesn't mean there was no truth to it.
I'd expect Lamb to sign very soon

For what its worth Thompson was looking all but a done deal until pearce became available and from close reports manly had an offer to pearce rejected by the nrl.
Sources can only report what they hear, just cos it doesn't eventuate doesn't mean there was no truth to it.
I'd expect Lamb to sign very soon
Now that we missed out on pearce are we back in the game to sign Thompson?

My concerns:
X Jake will only just be coming back from serious off season surgery
X Dylan won't be back until potentially round 6
X Parker had season ending injury
X Sironen / Lussick are still just getting match fitness back
X Lost our starting Centre (Walker), Prop (Lawrence), Depth prop (Myles) & 5/8 (Green)
X Have 0 1st grade experienced recruits
X Cartwright / S. Fulton are our recruiters (unable or inable to attract talent)
X There is still a huge staff bully in the fitness ranks
X Still have Salary Cap accusations live & well
X Contacted The Sea Eagles about 3 reserve seat tickets equating to 1.5k (they didn't bother replying)
X Club talks about the quality juniors (Blacktown came last, NYC came 8th on for and against)

I have some small trepidation going into season 2018 both on and off the park.
I love your posts Ryno and have been a fan since the very old days but mate.... the sky is not falling.
Green (well his manager) was apparently toxic, so we just had to let him go.

The first 6 weeks may be an issue in terms of win/loss, if you look at our potential team, but we may all be slightly surprised (well I hope so). I don’t think a premiership was in the mind of any of us in 2018 but rather 2019 or at least ... 2020, just to keep our decade winning streak in tact.

After round 6 I think we’ll win 75% of games so, even with a 0 win in rounds we’ll still make the 8 and 3 of 8 in the opening 8 games, we’ll make the top 4.

Cheer up and smile as I’m quite happy we don’t have to completely screw ourselves to get him.

Too many people's "sources" have been talking square out of their anuses recently.

The Taupau and Walker signings have given me enough confidence that the club can pull rabbit out of the hat type signings when they are least expected. With $800k left in the cap I am happy that we will put it to good use. It is a shame that we've had to wait so long, and I was sad to miss out on Moylan, but not so much Pearce... I think he'll be a 24 carat turd for Newcastle to be honest.
Just seems to further highlight how well Manly or Bozo did or seemed to do in securing both Marty and Walker in late 2015 . Maybe it was just good timing but one would have thought that there maybe would have been other interest from rival clubs .

I love your posts Ryno and have been a fan since the very old days but mate.... the sky is not falling.
Green (well his manager) was apparently toxic, so we just had to let him go.

The first 6 weeks may be an issue in terms of win/loss, if you look at our potential team, but we may all be slightly surprised (well I hope so). I don’t think a premiership was in the mind of any of us in 2018 but rather 2019 or at least ... 2020, just to keep our decade winning streak in tact.

After round 6 I think we’ll win 75% of games so, even with a 0 win in rounds we’ll still make the 8 and 3 of 8 in the opening 8 games, we’ll make the top 4.

Cheer up and smile as I’m quite happy we don’t have to completely screw ourselves to get him.
As long as we’re humming by rounds 18-26 that’s the key

Cheers mate. Appreciate the input. Right or wrong I like the goss from contacts. Some people get too emotionally invested and put on hissy fits but I fully understand that things change everyday with contracts/managers etc etc. Keep it up.

I'll cross my fingers on this one though, more than Pearce, as I think he is a real talent and only a pup.
All the more reason for
Depends on what you're trying to stick in there.
Obviously a square peg:confused:

I kept giving Pearce the benefit of the doubt until Origin One last year. The usual hype had me believing we might just win. First half, we were ordinary. And then, a miracle! Pearce gets concussion at the end of the first half and doesn't return: NSW were suddenly on fire and won convincingly!
He played the rest of the series and the Maroons win again.
That was enough for me and the whole (on field) reason I never wanted him with us.

All northern beaches dogs can rest easy tonight....meanwhile further up the coast huge packs of dogs have been spotted leaving Newcastle en masse for parts unknown....
dogsincar-56a67e693df78cf7728eabf6-1.jpg

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10