Ashes 2017-2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's the quest for 5 day revenue raising test matches. The new "WACA" will probably not have the bounce and pace of it's predecessor. Take out the twilight witching hour from Adelaide Day/Night Test and you have a pitch that generally goes the distance. MCG is a drop in and I suspect Tom Parker retiring from the SCG was a bit to do with him not toeing the company line and producing flat charisma free decks. The new curator will oblige.

Soon we'll just have the one generic drop in pitch that they carry around the country with them.

It's the quest for 5 day revenue raising test matches. The new "WACA" will probably not have the bounce and pace of it's predecessor. Take out the twilight witching hour from Adelaide Day/Night Test and you have a pitch that generally goes the distance. MCG is a drop in and I suspect Tom Parker retiring from the SCG was a bit to do with him not toeing the company line and producing flat charisma free decks. The new curator will oblige.

Soon we'll just have the one generic drop in pitch that they carry around the country with them.
Yeah you are right.
And Parker alluded to that in an interview when he retired.
Kerry Packer had the best man for the job 40 years ago in john Mailey who produced green house drop ins of world class standard when technology was way behind what it is now.
They had early bounce then settled down, and he produced them within Kerry's limited time frame.

Lost the TV so have flicked on the triple m commentary

My ears are bleeding, absolute dribblers producing the worst cricket commentary I've ever heard

Just found the ABC stream now

Lost the TV so have flicked on the triple m commentary

My ears are bleeding, absolute dribblers producing the worst cricket commentary I've ever heard

Just found the ABC stream now
I have never listened to them and probably never will.
Is Dan G( Inane) on it?
I've listened to the ABC since the west Indies 75/76 tour and wouldn't miss it every summer.

Not sure who they were mate, was a chick doing the ball by ball, and a comments man named Mick I think

Only went there because when I went looking for a commentary the ABC were doing news

MCG is still ****

I was wrong

Last edited:
Not sure who they were mate, was a chick doing the ball by ball, and a comments man named Mick I think

Only went there because when I went looking for a commentary the ABC were doing news

I guess it depends what you prefer,

ABC was left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot, and he bowls this on 3&1/2 stumps and Smith leave that alone. Smith then adjusts his left pad, thigh guard, box, hip protector, helmet, left pad, right glove and repeat. Just bland and is only about the play, i prefer to watch with the sound off.

MMM has the skull who tells some good stories and the chick, Isa Guha, played for England and talks the technicals better than the typical former players on 9 or ABC these days. Mick Molloy is a comedian, there for the non cricket fan but yeah not a great match.

I guess it depends what you prefer,

ABC was left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot, left foot, right foot, and he bowls this on 3&1/2 stumps and Smith leave that alone. Smith then adjusts his left pad, thigh guard, box, hip protector, helmet, left pad, right glove and repeat. Just bland and is only about the play, i prefer to watch with the sound off.

MMM has the skull who tells some good stories and the chick, Isa Guha, played for England and talks the technicals better than the typical former players on 9 or ABC these days. Mick Molloy is a comedian, there for the non cricket fan but yeah not a great match.

Didn't hear any of O'Keefe, that Molloy bloke would have been the guy I heard, absolute punish !

TEST SQUAD: David Warner, Cameron Bancroft, Usman Khawaja, Steve Smith (c), Peter Handscomb, Shaun Marsh, Tim Paine, Mitchell Starc, Pat Cummins, Nathan Lyon, Josh Hazlewood, Jackson Bird, Chadd Sayers.

Shaun Marsh !!!???? Really ? That guy has more lives than a cat. When do we just move on from him ? the guy is mid thirties and just can't make the step up in level. Good to see Bancroft get a look in on the weight of some runs, but i would have preferred we kept Renshaw and given Bancroft a start at 6 instead of resurrecting Marsh.

Tim Paine......WOW !!!! there's a left field pick. Sure he is (was ??) a good keeper but is he really the long term answer. Maybe they are hoping Bancroft will settle into team as batsman first without pressure of keeping and then take over. Feel sorry for Nevill. Do you really need to be so technically correct behind the stumps to a 3 prong pace attack and an offie not known for turning the ball a lot ? especially on Australian decks which are relatively true of bounce.

No surprises with bowling attack. Looking forward to seeing Cummins stay fit and play 5 tests. Having a cheeky wager on him being leading wicket taker for series.

If Marsh can come out and support Smith for another session he will play in the 3rd test even with failues (barring another breakdown), good rearguard innings today and probably one of his best so far.

Still wouldn't have picked him myself but credit to him so far.

Did anyone else see that nuffy in the crowd yesterday in the Souffs jersey wearing friggin headgear???
Wtf???

Geez don't be listening to ABC radio if that pommy chick is on and they take a wicket.
All my beer glasses shattered !!

eng 5/117 down. Could aust be in with a decent chance? (well yes, obv..but you know)

all out 195. should've tried that tactic earlier!

Aust need 170 to win. Are we still scarred from some small total chasing disasters or are we right to go?

Won't be a doddle...!

Good to see Bancroft get a solid knock under his belt, probably disappointed they weren't chasing more as he would have got a ton on debut I suspect.

Marsh has cemented his spot for another 2 tests now. Maxwell has sent a message that he is waiting for someone to trip up, and Mitchell Marsh amongst the runs too but no bowling won't help his cause. No action from Nevill or Wade so Paine in no danger of being dropped. Only one more shield game before the Xmas break so can't see anyone pressing a claim unless Maxwell goes large again and Usman fails - then we might see Marsh to 3 and Maxwell to 6.

Triple M commentary is a mixed bag. Some good and some woeful. I still prefer ABC on the balance of things. Channel 9 is abysmal, it gets worse every year.

Could not crack it for triple m....abc is great but Jim M is starting to sound a bit older

the 0-173 result is a record for chasing a 4th inning score (without losing a wicket...obv) breaking a 1930 one by a run.

Noice.

from espncricinfo

And here's a gem from Brydon Coverdale: "Warner & Bancroft have broken an 87-year-old Test record. This is the all-time highest unbeaten opening partnership in a successful test chase."

poms fought hard for 2 days then ran out of gas

they will need to really make use of the luck and time of day for the swinging ball in Adelaide to stay in this

Stokes was training with a club side in Christchurch today, and will be turning out for Canterbury in the 1 day comp starting Sunday

Might be some match practice so he is ready to go for test 3 ?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8