Attack in Red Zone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Looked terrible
No runners in numbers and 1 out desperate crap
Looked confused and disoriented, rather then a side looking for a try....
Love my Seaeagles but the cohesion is like 40% at best leading to a pathetic last tackle
DCE is not the blame like many pretend, as he leads Qld win after win but needs a few others to "stand up" sometimes also.....who wants to Win !!!

IMO it’s clearly to do with the ruck speed, or lack thereof. The Parker try was the quickest play-the-ball we had inside the Cows 20 and what do you know? Bodies in motion running towards to a backpedaling defence that is forced to make a decision and we score.

The rest of our attack was against a set defensive line from a slow play-the-ball. Cowboys have conceded 14 points in total in their last three games. You’re not gonna break a side like that down off slow ruck speed without a guy like Turbo to make them nervous.

Looked terrible
Love my Seaeagles but the cohesion is like 40% at best leading to a pathetic last tackle
DCE is not the blame like many pretend, as he leads Qld win after win but needs a few others to "stand up" sometimes also.....who wants to Win !!!

Mate, I didn't watch most of the game, but the part I DID watch, I noticed (and thisw is an isue in all our games) our attackers tend to drop on their backs (when tackled), backwards, which leads to the longest potential play-the-ball speed.

If you look at the Panthers (for example), they ensure they fall on their stomachs, and are trying to almost immediately get up and play the ball with speed.

This to me shows both laziness and poor technique. I have been saying we are really, really soft, and I do think that's an element in us getting dominated by tacklers so often.

Having an outside back that has the 2nd slowest (actual last last season) play-the-ball in the game is a very poor example of our effort areas. How that same player gets picked week in, week out defies logic. I'm VERY much excited to see Jaxson Paulo with us next season.

IMO it’s clearly to do with the ruck speed, or lack thereof. The Parker try was the quickest play-the-ball we had inside the Cows 20 and what do you know? Bodies in motion running towards to a backpedaling defence that is forced to make a decision and we score.

The rest of our attack was against a set defensive line from a slow play-the-ball. Cowboys have conceded 14 points in total in their last three games. You’re not gonna break a side like that down off slow ruck speed without a guy like Turbo to make them nervous.
True story mate - momentum
No Massive secret
Get them on the back foot and play direct.....or if they compress....out the back ....but win that F'in Quck play through the guts.....!!!!!

I was at the game and concentrated on watching Schuster as I was interested in seeing if he looked fitter and more involved. Sadly it was disappointing, I did not see him run the ball at all, he often passed well behind the advantage line and generally didn’t engage any Cowboys defenders.He did put a few decent attacking kicks in.

In defence Schuster often looked confused on which runner to take, his lateral movement was poor and mostly used his arms to tackle without any decent contact from his shoulders.

In short Schuster is not a 5/8 but based on his current work rate and fitness levels he is not suited to the back row either.

I was at the game and concentrated on watching Schuster as I was interested in seeing if he looked fitter and more involved. Sadly it was disappointing, I did not see him run the ball at all, he often passed well behind the advantage line and generally didn’t engage any Cowboys defenders.He did put a few decent attacking kicks in.

In defence Schuster often looked confused on which runner to take, his lateral movement was poor and mostly used his arms to tackle without any decent contact from his shoulders.

In short Schuster is not a 5/8 but based on his current work rate and fitness levels he is not suited to the back row either.

Could he sell and serve salmonella riddled hot-dogs at that little vendor spot between the club and ground? I miss that dude !

I was there too and I’d concur with everything you said. In short he is USELESS.

DCE leading Queensland to wins means absolutely nothing for us and shouldn’t protect him from any of the blame, Schuster was poor too but it seems he cops it all when our attack is **** whilst DCE gets off scot-free every time

DCE leading Queensland to wins means absolutely nothing for us and shouldn’t protect him from any of the blame, Schuster was poor too but it seems he cops it all when our attack is **** whilst DCE gets off scot-free every time
Attack starts in the middle,we are very pedestrian in the middle part of the field, one out no pressure on the defence , Cowboys showed how you do it they ripped through our middle .Shu or Chez didn't have good games but I don't think that's our major problem, getting dominated in the middle in attack and defence is

I was there too and I’d concur with everything you said. In short he is USELESS.
Having Schuster in the team is like playing with 12 players !
His work rate yesterday was absolutely terrible and frankly he looks lost, scared, totally devoid of what is going on around him and what HIS role is in the team.
Also he looks like he is still carrying an injury , his mobility and lateral movement terrible versus a quick Cowboys team ,so maybe time to give the guy a break to work on all the above.

Like many of our problems, this has been an issue for years. Whenever we get close to the opposition try line, we bottle it. Instead of playing with speed and momentum, we allow the opposition defence to bully us. On top of that, we never show patience or any sense of a plan, and invariably take the wrong option on the last play. The amount of times I've screamed, "Roll it into the in-goal!" is a running joke in my household. My wife now screams it before I do.

What attack……its Putrid, clueless, unstructured, rubbish, we have no energy, our ball movement is predictable, pedestrian, we lack any sort of creativity, hell we can’t even get the basics right, somewhat like our coaching staff, can‘t see us turning things around anytime soon sadly, another sad ending to another sad season.

Last edited:
Looked terrible
It's hard to believe that one player can have such an effect on a team. Tommy is our attacking mystrow and without him Schuster is rendered ineffective as a 5/8 if Tommys not getting the ball he's running decoys and asking questions in the oppositions defense line just with his presence. We have nothing in attack without Tom I'm sorry to say.

One of the other posters said that we had a faster overall ruck speed but it sure did not appear that way watching it…
Our service from dummy half is pedestrian and we look like there is no urgency for the next play…

I realise fatigue plays a large part but I reckon that just means that we have not got the size v stamina/mobility mix right in our pack…

Looked terrible
The red zone or the dead zone?

If they played for another hour they still would not have scored Cowboys deserve to be in the top eight and we don't after losing to the Sharks and Titans at home the writing was on the wall and we will be stuck here for years if we going to pretend when Turbo comes back oh well could be worse I could be a Tigers supporter.

Crokers sloppy distribution of the ball doesn’t help or Schuster going missing we are basically playing with a crap 9 and no 6 no 1 and a bunch of plodders for props excluding Paseka and Jake….no 13…I do notice we put a lot of effort into whining and whinging to the refs though

One of the other posters said that we had a faster overall ruck speed but it sure did not appear that way watching it…
Our service from dummy half is pedestrian and we look like there is no urgency for the next play…

I realise fatigue plays a large part but I reckon that just means that we have not got the size v stamina/mobility mix right in our pack…
Yeah at the ground, it looked like the Cows were doing everything faster than us. Not so much because of a lack of effort, rather our forwards are not dynamic enough and as you mention, the service is less than crisp.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8