Barba the truth comes out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pablo said:
What makes it look bad to me is if it was a nuffie that allegedly bashed his misses Toddy would have given all the info to the nrl and probably kicked the player out of the club.
He's only gone to all this trouble to hide the facts because of what barba can do for Canterbury on the field.
So basically protecting his assets above all else.

You just nailed it.
For that reason Greenberg cannot remain in his current role

Whilst I hate seeing the game I love getting dragged through the muck, especially over a domestic violence issue, I am having a serious good time watching Greensnot running from the media with no comments. Even if he isn't guilty of any wrong doing the prick is getting his just desserts.

The thing about that AFL story that is most sickening, is that it is always reported that the victim was 'a dwarf'. What is the relevance of the height of the victim of a stunt like this? It just serves to perpetuate the 'joke'.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
The thing about that AFL story that is most sickening, is that it is always reported that the victim was 'a dwarf'. What is the relevance of the height of the victim of a stunt like this? It just serves to perpetuate the 'joke'.

They were short on an angle for the story...

bones said:
If Greenburg is claiming that he and The Bulldogs knew nothing about any domestic violence between Barba and his ex, then why did both he and Hasler tell Miss Currie to go to the police? I doubt they told her to go to the Police to report him for drinking alcohol or have a flutter on the poker machines.

Perhaps they said, "by all means go to the police, but do you realise, that he will be suspended for at least twelve months", on no pay".

Slightly off topic but geez Ha$ler has been quiet since the netballer has taken the reins !!! Has not said a word.

I guess the boardroom fighting at Manly pales into insignificance with the issues at present at "the family club" :dodgy::dodgy:

1947 said:
Slightly off topic but geez Ha$ler has been quiet since the netballer has taken the reins !!! Has not said a word.

I guess the boardroom fighting at Manly pales into insignificance with the issues at present at "the family club" :dodgy::dodgy:

des seems to have lost a big chunk of his passion since he left us. it is almost as if he is now just doing a job rather than living and breathing his coaching role as he did when he was with us

MissKate said:
1947 said:

des seems to have lost a big chunk of his passion since he left us. it is almost as if he is now just doing a job rather than living and breathing his coaching role as he did when he was with us

According to various media reports Barba travelled to Brisbane to play against the Broncos pending a "fitness test". I thought his papers were stamped never to play for the Bulldogs again .

It seems odd that an alleged damning photo that has apparently been in existence since February was published the weekend after Barba signed with the Broncos.

If members of the Sydney media were aware of these domestic-violence allegations all along - as some are now claiming - why has it taken seven months for them to raise the issue?

http://www.gattonstar.com.au/news/we-should-enjoy-this-ripper-for-all-its-worth/2011429/

That's a really really good question.

If concern for well being and treatment of women exposed to violence is the centre of the media's deciding to make it big news all this week to bring action, why have all these media who say they knew about the photo all sat for months in silence?

Aren't the media that seem to have known about the photo and done and said nothing no different to league officials who supposedly sat on it too?

Brisbane would have been far better to buy Wolfman than Barba. Wolfman is a class winger. It would allow Hoffman to remain at fullback and switch that young Corey Oates to the backrow.
By purchasing Barba they will have to play Hoffman on the wing, where he is not as effective. Not that I care about Brisbane. I'm sick of hearing about "poor Brisbane" from commentators. They should finish top two every season with the huge advantage they have over every other team.

I see Barba's partner has refused to talk to the integrity commission.

It's a shame that woman don't speak out against these alleged things.

She may regret that, a leopard doesn't change it's spots, lets hope it isn't a repeat of the robert lui incident

Even though they are no longer a couple, Barba is Currie's meal ticket. She'd be getting a fair amount of money in child support from him (based on his wage, both football and sponsorship money) and I doubt she is willing to risk that by getting the police involved.

Sorry to have a cynical view of it all, but that's the main reason why I think she won't talk.

If he did hit her and she lets him get away with it.....more fool her IMO.

dowdz said:

Honestly she needs to stop being so selfish and think of those two kiddies. Fark the money, those kids would be better off poor than seeing them mum get bashed. Trust me

dowdz said:

Honestly she needs to stop being so selfish and think of those two kiddies. Fark the money, those kids would be better off poor than seeing their mum get bashed. Trust me

Brissie Kid said:
It seems odd that an alleged damning photo that has apparently been in existence since February was published the weekend after Barba signed with the Broncos.

If members of the Sydney media were aware of these domestic-violence allegations all along - as some are now claiming - why has it taken seven months for them to raise the issue?

http://www.gattonstar.com.au/news/we-should-enjoy-this-ripper-for-all-its-worth/2011429/

That's a really really good question.

If concern for well being and treatment of women exposed to violence is the centre of the media's deciding to make it big news all this week to bring action, why have all these media who say they knew about the photo all sat for months in silence?

Aren't the media that seem to have known about the photo and done and said nothing no different to league officials who supposedly sat on it too?

It seems that they "knew" about the allegations but without proof - ie a photo or a statement - and with the Dogs keeping it inhouse there wasn't alot they could do.
And let's face face it, there have been plenty of stories floating around since he went to rehab.
Apparently the photo was offered up in exchange for payment but refused, it was then somehow acquired by the media for free.

They have also now got access to the text messages. So did the victim's friend give them up or the victim?

CAMBO said:
dowdz said:

Honestly she needs to stop being so selfish and think of those two kiddies. Fark the money, those kids would be better off poor than seeing them mum get bashed. Trust me

dowdz said:

Honestly she needs to stop being so selfish and think of those two kiddies. Fark the money, those kids would be better off poor than seeing their mum get bashed. Trust me

I have been thinking the same thing. I haven't heard anyone in the media bring up that point either.
Greenturd had no concern for the welfare of the two kids covering this up.

Dear Benny It seems you are having trouble writing a statement at the moment so I ve typed one up for you, feel free to copy and paste.

Hello my name is Ben Barba and I wish to address the allegations that are circulating against me in the media. I have never hit any women and believe that it is totally not acceptable in any circumstance to do so. I love my two children and although Im not currently in a relationship with their mother I have the utmost respect for her as a women, a human being and as the mother of my two children and as such would never allow has harm whether physical or mental upon her. We are currently going through a very tuff time and would ask for privacy for the sake of protecting our two lovely children. Thank you.

Whats that Benny you are not going to deny the allegations?

Question for the Dogs - if Barba was sent to rehab due to Currie going to the Dogs for help - could they not see her split lip/bruised face:huh:
She is reported to have gone the day after the offence, the day after she sent the photo to her friend.

Why did Greenturd, et al, take her at her word,suggest reporting incident to police and hide Barba in an institution :huh:

The Integrity Commission do not need Barba and his partner, as they are investigation the process which enabled a CEO to lie to the NRL Public and hide serious allegations from the NRL hierarchy.

They will also request that the Dogs release the report from the Rehab Centre stating that it is not working for Barba.

Good riddance to all concerned, except the kiddies who are at the mercy of self indulgent Parents:(

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10