Barba the truth comes out

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Chip and Chase said:
Can someone who is fluent in Gen Y SMS speak please decipher that text message exchange and let me know what happened.

I had a laugh about that. There is probably 30 text messages when one one-minute phone call would have achieved more clarity. Why people prefer to text when they can communicate directly astounds me.

Duff said:
Just remember people, we're dealing with the Telegraph and their "investigations" and "exclusives". Yes the whole thing stinks of a cover up but my level of trust in the Telegraph is about equal to my level of trust in the Bulldogs.

Let's reserve judgement and as in all these cases and simply hope that justice is done, whatever that may be.

Spot on, and exactly why I have left any type of opinion stuff about Barba's actions to other people, and won't be making any comment on it based solely on DT articles

Anybody remember the witness they had that pulled Brett off the girl, or the video evidence the neighbour had of what occured, and how drunk he was etc etc etc

The Who said:
Chip and Chase said:
Can someone who is fluent in Gen Y SMS speak please decipher that text message exchange and let me know what happened.

I had a laugh about that. There is probably 30 text messages when one one-minute phone call would have achieved more clarity. Why people prefer to text when they can communicate directly astounds me.

Most texts are free, a phone call might cost $2!

Sorry, I don't lol or use emoticon thingy's!!

Kiwi Eagle said:
Duff said:
Just remember people, we're dealing with the Telegraph and their "investigations" and "exclusives". Yes the whole thing stinks of a cover up but my level of trust in the Telegraph is about equal to my level of trust in the Bulldogs.

Let's reserve judgement and as in all these cases and simply hope that justice is done, whatever that may be.

Spot on, and exactly why I have left any type of opinion stuff about Barba's actions to other people, and won't be making any comment on it based solely on DT articles

Anybody remember the witness they had that pulled Brett off the girl, or the video evidence the neighbour had of what occured, and how drunk he was etc etc etc

I agree. However this is also slightly different. I was very much of this opinion when all the initial rumors were doing the rounds. However that was over 6 months ago and all that has transpired since then points to a cover up by the dogs.

Ralphie said:
I sincerely hope I am wrong, but I reckon he will come out of this with a few scratches only.

They will argue that with the victim refusing to lodge a complaint to the Police they had no option but to just try the rehab exercise. They will argue that they did encourage her to go to the Police and she refused. They will argue that she specifically requested no one be notified and that they were respecting her wishes.

The findings will be that they "perhaps" should have notified the NRL, but that in the absence of a formal complaint they did all that they could reasonably do.

It will be a BS cover up.
They were obligated to notify the NRL, and they were also obligated to suspend Barba for one year as they did to Robert Louis, the partner not wishing to press charges does not lessen the crime.
Story going around that she asked if she reported him, would he be allowed to still keep on playing. Hasler and Greenberg said "no", so of course she was going to recant her story, Barba's her meal ticket.
You know, I can live with all of this cover up if he stayed out of the game for a year and underwent anger management therapy, but to bring him back after three weeks of supposed therapy, which I hear he did not attend, is an insult to everyone's intelligence.

It is a dangerous game suspending a player who has not been charged

The issue, as far as i can see, is what the dogs should have reported to the NRL (as it appears they were obliged to) rather than the story that was presented

As despicable as Barbers alleged act was unless there is a crime recorded i am not sure suspension is the way to go - otherwise you have a sporting body acting like the police

While the evidence does appear to be damning, Barba deserves the presumption of innocence and his day in Court (if it gets to that stage).

If the allegations are substantiated down the track - which they may well be - then Barba will be in trouble. Until then, the focus is really on the Bulldogs handling of the matter and their failure to report it to the NRL.

Their argument will be that they did not report it because they were concerned about Ben's welfare (ie. self harm). I'm sure they will make their case sound compelling, but I'm not so sure it will fly.

Interesting times...

Why are Brisbane going to pay the penalty should Barba be charged and found guilty and be stood down, whilst the Dogs get off scot free for covering this up?

the Dogs should be fined, and fined very heavily.

mmmdl said:
Why are Brisbane going to pay the penalty should Barba be charged and found guilty and be stood down, whilst the Dogs get off scot free for covering this up?

Who gives a **** about Brisbane ? They enticed him to walk out of a contract on " compassionate grounds " and only now we find out his ex is still in Sydney. By the sound of it didnt do their homework on Barba and sacked poor Gagai for missing training ! Dont feel sorry for them at all .

There were rumours earlier in the year about Josh Morris having a massive falling out with Barba after an incident. His form seems to have improved since Barba has been punted .

Telegraph article 2day
PENRITH director and rugby league great Greg Alexander has launched a stinging attack on under-siege Todd Greenberg, claiming the new NRL head of football has "pulled the wool over everyone's eyes".

mmmdl said:

Fox News reported that the Barba has not yet signed the contract.

Maybe Broncos will go for Fergie instead:p

BOZO said:
Telegraph article 2day
PENRITH director and rugby league great Greg Alexander has launched a stinging attack on under-siege Todd Greenberg, claiming the new NRL head of football has "pulled the wool over everyone's eyes".

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/penrith-panthers-director-greg-alexander-launches-attack-at-todd-greenberg/story-fni3g67w-1226710076847?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dailytelegraphnrlndm+%28Daily+Telegraph+%7C+NRL%29

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8