Beattie is just a Lap Todd

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So.......players are getting hammered by the media for blindly trusting that their agents and the club they sign with are not doing anything dodgy in relation to contracts. Folks like Paul Kent saying they should ask questions about where the money is coming from and be proactive in ensuring nothing untoward is happening etc. Basically being ridiculed for simply accepting what their agents tell them to sign.
Yet here we have the NRL chairman saying that he and the commision board will simply support Todd with anything he comes to them with no questions asked. That's how good a guy he is, they can trust the info he comes to them with and support him 100% without question.

What the?
I found Kent's idiotic assertion that Players should flick their Agent and Club once they are found to be sourcing monies from unapproved sources :confused:

Would he give up a guaranteed generous contract to look for another employer, who would be aware of his need for a new contract? :fubar:
Truly the dumbest idea he has ever floated :swear::eek::angel:

So.......players are getting hammered by the media for blindly trusting that their agents and the club they sign with are not doing anything dodgy in relation to contracts. Folks like Paul Kent saying they should ask questions about where the money is coming from and be proactive in ensuring nothing untoward is happening etc. Basically being ridiculed for simply accepting what their agents tell them to sign.
Yet here we have the NRL chairman saying that he and the commision board will simply support Todd with anything he comes to them with no questions asked. That's how good a guy he is, they can trust the info he comes to them with and support him 100% without question.

What the?
If you don't know the name of the Cronulla Sharks you immediately lose credibility - plain and simple. No doubt Mr Beatty has been appointed for reasons other than his knowledge of football, but his undoubted political skills and ability with the media will be useful for the NRL. He will support and defend the NRL like the former premier he is. Whether this is good for the game, or mainly for those who hold positions of executive power within our game, is the real question.

SMH: “I understand the sensitivity of Bob Fulton and I’ve been a fan of his my whole life,” Beattie said. “But when you look at what’s happening - and this is a terrible thing for me to say and I’ll probably get in trouble for saying it - if you look at what’s happening in cricket, there’s a stark contrast here.

“We are enforcing the rules clearly in the interests of the game. That’s never going to be easy. That’s why someone like Todd, when he does the right thing, we as the commission will back him in the interests of the game and we won’t move away from that. Everyone needs to understand that.

“No one likes cheats in Australia no matter what game it is. No matter what code, you have to enforce standards. We will stick with Todd when he makes these tough decisions.”

Is this how despots build their empires? Keep on barking Lap Todd.
This is the same guy who backed Greenberg's decision to let Lodge back in to rugby league. Now there's a 'standard to enforce!' I am sure Fulton's lawyers are taking note of the reference to 'cheats'.

Like I said before. Bozo may or may not be right.....but to take him on is just silly.

Congratulations to all posters on this thread .... it contains some of the best one-liners in Silvertails history .... I can only wish that I could claim authorship .....

Beattie is a total clown and this is who is in charge of the game.

Shameful.

The owners (News & 9) want these turkeys in charge to implement their agenda, they are totally focused on short term benefit and couldn't give a toss about the long term success, or about the history of the game. I feel there is a real danger of our club being eliminated/forced to move with these guys running the show.

“I’ll have a discussion with him today and I’d like to leave that discussion between Bob and I.”

Doesn’t that just beautifully sum up the cloak and dagger culture of these morons. Can’t believe that in 2018, when transparency and accountability are the buzzwords of the day, that an organization like the NRL can continue making it up as they go along and bull****ting everyone in the process.

How I would love Bozo to come out in the media and say “let me tell you exactly what was discussed in the minutes leading up to an unfortunate incident involving a cement truck.”

Haha!!! Bozo always has a way with words. As Ray said on the radio “he calls a spade a spade, not an instrument used for digging”. What would Greenberg or Beattie call a spade?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10