BJ Lawrence future

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Could BJ have a back loaded deal?
Is that something you can trade?
The only way you could trade it is if another team sent someone back on a longer deal. They clear that guy off their books for a short term signing who will be gone in the offseason and allow them some cap relief to sign who they really want to sign. Expiring contracts were a huge thing in the NBA till people stopped caring about them...

@bones The article screenshot that you posted about a returning legend, seems like it would be more fitted to the bulldogs trying to lure back willie mason or sonnybill williams.

Yes....SBW back to the bulldogs. I'd like to see then fan's reactions to that.

meh...they'd probably like it out belmore way.

Releasing Lawrence wouldn't free up enough $ for Klemmer, Cordner or Tamou. Why would we need to get rid of him now if they were the targets anyway, as none of that trio are going to be released from their respective clubs?
The only reason I can think of for wanting to move Lawrence on now would be.....View attachment 2896

Players that could Make sense

Stewart to Manly

Mason to doggies

Benji to tigers

Or most likely in my opinion, Luke Lewis to Penrith.

The only way you could trade it is if another team sent someone back on a longer deal. They clear that guy off their books for a short term signing who will be gone in the offseason and allow them some cap relief to sign who they really want to sign. Expiring contracts were a huge thing in the NBA till people stopped caring about them...
Really @Loobs you can't see that angle? Trading a bj for a back end deal? Liquor in the front and poker in the rear.

If this is true, what do we have to gain from letting Lawrence go now...... Do you think the club is going to bring in a replacement at such late stage, I really don't see the point , Unless your replacing him with some as good if not better and who would be available so late in the off season.

If this is true, what do we have to gain from letting Lawrence go now...... Do you think the club is going to bring in a replacement at such late stage, I really don't see the point , Unless your replacing him with some as good if not better and who would be available so late in the off season.
Maybe it is not about this year but cap space for the next....

We have been desperate of offload one of our contacted forwards for a while now. We didn't need to let Hiku go to sign Walker which suggests we still have money in the cap to play with. Losing Lawrence will free up more coin for a quality signing.
Tamou?

He is off contract at the end of this season so clearing him off for 2016 doesn't do anything to free up cap space for 2017

I disagree

Any money this year could be paid to a contracted player so they are on less money next year (front loading the contract). I would suggest it is pretty rare that a player receives an even spread of their contract for the years they have signed

I disagree

Any money this year could be paid to a contracted player so they are on less money next year (front loading the contract). I would suggest it is pretty rare that a player receives an even spread of their contract for the years they have signed
When we register contracts with the NRL do we need to specify the year-by-year split, and if so can this be changed?

When we register contracts with the NRL do we need to specify the year-by-year split, and if so can this be changed?

I assume they do but there is nothing to stop this changing (much like a cap can change over the year if players hit milestones etc)

• 📚
Reactions: Rex

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8