Bozo Blow Up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Walker will be a completely different player in the centres... Brown and Myles on the other hand should be ashamed, brown has put in the effort but hasn't been good enough, why we signed him I don't know but Myles well I don't even want to start with him. Marty has been phenomenal of late and generally the whole season, he plays best in second row. Api has been handy but I'd prefer Parcell as he appears to be a future origin star in my mind.
Origin star?wow what a call.

Some of you plonkers on here need to seriously get a grip. As if Bozo can just walk in and shape the club in one season. There are contracts, including ridiculous back ended ones, and all sorts of logistics to battle with before paving the way forward. It is also very disrespectful to speak of a club legend in such a way as some of you. He signed a couple of duds short term, but I have faith he will help shape the club moving forward. Whether Barrett can cut it remains to be seen, but I will reserve judgement until the end of next season before driving a stake through the heart of those striving for the club's success. Bagging Bozo, tantamount to treason...you ought to be strung up and flogged :punch::punch::punch::rofl:
Totally agree with your comments. It's like we bag and disrespect Jamie Lyon in 10 years if he decides to come back and help the club. All the bludgers that pretend to be Manly fans who bag our biggest club legend hang your heads in shame. Bozo will prevail, mark my words.

Some of you plonkers on here need to seriously get a grip. As if Bozo can just walk in and shape the club in one season. There are contracts, including ridiculous back ended ones, and all sorts of logistics to battle with before paving the way forward. It is also very disrespectful to speak of a club legend in such a way as some of you. He signed a couple of duds short term, but I have faith he will help shape the club moving forward. Whether Barrett can cut it remains to be seen, but I will reserve judgement until the end of next season before driving a stake through the heart of those striving for the club's success. Bagging Bozo, tantamount to treason...you ought to be strung up and flogged :punch::punch::punch::rofl:
I acknowledge and respect that Bozo is a great club legend however I am not sold on the rest of his families involvement it feels like they are riding on his coat tail with his endorsement.

Bozo Fulton with much respect is our greatest ever has had a lot of influence .....But in 1999 he was out of touch with game. There nothing his latest recruitment has shown me that differs that view. Simply the letting go of hiku and gutherson for walker bad call he a flakey player who defence is horrid.
The latest letting go of knight is dumb founding. Nate myles is a horrid recruit.
Don't blame Bozo for letting Gutho go, blame Parra for cheating the cap and being able to offer more than we ever could.

Don't blame Bozo for letting Gutho go, blame Parra for cheating the cap and being able to offer more than we ever could.

Manly wanted to sign Brown and others, they were also unable to offload Burgess, Mateo etc so Gutho was told he could look elsewhere. Bozo was definitely at least partly responsible for this.

But it certainly did not help that the worms are cheating scum and had (and still have) lots of brown paper bags.

I've seen too much of the influence Bozo has had in this clubs success to disrespect him.
But disappointment and disillusionment with the direction we have taken would describe my state of mind.
The sacking of Tooves and the way it was done coupled with the appointment of an L plater coach are decisions I can't agree with.
However if they wanted a new direction well and good but I can't help thinking better candidates could be found.
If Barrett was such a potentially good 1st grade coach , better than the one we had, Gus would have offered him the world and he'd be coaching penriff.
As for recruitment I look at some of the storm's purchases, not top shelf buys, and the results they get out of them and look at the results we've got from ours wonder if we are on track.
I hope so.

Totally agree with your comments. It's like we bag and disrespect Jamie Lyon in 10 years if he decides to come back and help the club. All the bludgers that pretend to be Manly fans who bag our biggest club legend hang your heads in shame. Bozo will prevail, mark my words.

Keep your head in the sand mate. Just because a bloke was a brilliant player in the 70's and a great coach in the 80's and 90's doesn't mean he'll be an asset in 2016. May as well bring Arko back as CEO and Terry Randall back to play Lock to stiffen up the defence because they're club legends. People get old, time passes them by.

Bozo should be judged on current performance, not deeds performed 40 years ago. He's just led Manly to 13th position, and it's a results driven business after all.

Keep your head in the sand mate. Just because a bloke was a brilliant player in the 70's and a great coach in the 80's and 90's doesn't mean he'll be an asset in 2016. May as well bring Arko back as CEO and Terry Randall back to play Lock to stiffen up the defence because they're club legends. People get old, time passes them by.

Bozo should be judged on current performance, not deeds performed 40 years ago. He's just led Manly to 13th position, and it's a results driven business after all.
So the fact that we've had 3.5 million dollars worth of players on the injury bench I suppose is Bozo's fault as well. Get a grip and get your head out of the sand.

If Barrett was such a potentially good 1st grade coach , better than the one we had, Gus would have offered him the world and he'd be coaching penriff.

I've had that same feeling all season. With all due respect to Barrett, his coaching hasn't been great, even putting aside our horror injury run. Did Gould sell Bozo a dummy when it came to Barrett's coaching ability? Remember that in the one year Barrett had with the Penrith U/20's was the one year during the past 4 or 5 that the Panthers missed the finals. Rather than see his mate out of a job, did Gould see a way to offload him plus stick it to Manly, a club he admires for its success but is (like most) jealous of for the same reason.

Conspiracy theory maybe.....but would you put it past Gould?

Last edited:
I've had that same feeling all season. With all due respect to Barrett, his coaching hasn't been great, even putting aside our horror injury run. Did Gould sell Bozo a dummy when it came to Barrett's coaching ability? Remember that in the one year Barrett had with the Penrith U/20's was the one year during the past 4 or 5 that the Panthers missed the finals. Rather than see his mate out of a job, did Gould see a way to offload him plus stick it to Manly, a club he admires for its success but is (like most) jealous of for the same reason.

No I wouldn't put anything past him.
But I would be surprised if he pulled the wool over bozo's eyes.
Even though that is the way it seems to be.
I would like to know what the selling point was? And Trent's future coaching may reveal that with positive results, I hope, but I'd still like to know what sold him in the 1st place.

So the fact that we've had 3.5 million dollars worth of players on the injury bench I suppose is Bozo's fault as well. Get a grip and get your head out of the sand.

If Bozo was as brilliant as all you Bozo groupies thought, he would've foreseen that blokes like Matai, Lyon and Stewart are bloody old and would probably miss quite a few games and prepared for that eventuality. Maybe he did, and that's why we signed Lewis Brown as cover in the centres.

If Bozo was as brilliant as all you Bozo groupies thought, he would've foreseen that blokes like Matai, Lyon and Stewart are bloody old and would probably miss quite a few games and prepared for that eventuality. Maybe he did, and that's why we signed Lewis Brown as cover in the centres.
Oh yeah and why didn't he foresee Jorge's shoulder, Turbo's ankle and Killer's hamstring injury as well. Mate you need to be on the Kennel forum.

Oh yeah and why didn't he foresee Jorge's shoulder, Turbo's ankle and Killer's hamstring injury as well. Mate you need to be on the Kennel forum.

So on the one hand you're saying "Bozo will prevail, mark my words" but on the other you're saying he couldn't have foreseen that Matai, Lyon and Stewart might miss quite a few games through injury? They're pretty old.

Don't know, Gould said after being asked what the best coaches in the nrl are that Trent Barrett is definitely one of them despite manly's form of which he put the reason of injuries behind. I trust Barrett but as I have said before, only time will tell...

Let's just say his recent efforts with Manly, along with his history of down right insane nsw selections, leaves me little faith that bozo will lead us anywhere forward.

Barrett has had some moments where he appears to be ok, but then there are others like playing Walker at 5/8 for 10 weeks when it was obvious after 2 or 3 that he wasn't suited to the position.

However, in saying what I have I still wouldn't be against seeing how he goes next year with what is hopefully a fit squad, or relatively fit without the injuries we've seen in the past 2 years.

One year really isn't enough to evaluate someone, especially when its been the year we've had injury wise.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2