Bozo Blow Up

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Don't know, Gould said after being asked what the best coaches in the nrl are that Trent Barrett is definitely one of them despite manly's form of which he put the reason of injuries behind. I trust Barrett but as I have said before, only time will tell...
Then we've definitely scooped the Gus quinella......
He had a massive wrap on Cartwright too. Rating him a potential origin coach way back when he started with the gold coast.
He doesn't say much about him these days though as he sees him gathering dust in the corner of the coaches box.
I'm not against Barrett though. He was offered the job and took it and I hope he brings us success.
But Cartwright has done bugger all.
Then or now.

No I wouldn't put anything past him.
But I would be surprised if he pulled the wool over bozo's eyes.
Even though that is the way it seems to be.
I would like to know what the selling point was? And Trent's future coaching may reveal that with positive results, I hope, but I'd still like to know what sold him in the 1st place.

What the selling point was would make for a good story.

Bozo and Gus are mates from way back so who knows if he really did pull the wool over Bozo's eyes, but I go back to @Harvies elbow 's comments that if Gus thought so highly of Barrett's coaching, why was he happy enough to see him leave Penrith?

Rome wasn't built in one day , so looking forward to a couple more big signings and build from there.
Saying that , I have no problem giving Barrett another year to prove himself , but another horror run next year will definitely see his head (and others) on the chopping block.
So yeah , Rome wasn't built in one day , I am hoping it only took two years though !!

Rome wasn't built in one day , so looking forward to a couple more big signings and build from there.
Saying that , I have no problem giving Barrett another year to prove himself , but another horror run next year will definitely see his head (and others) on the chopping block.
So yeah , Rome wasn't built in one day , I am hoping it only took two years though !!
What year did rome play in the NRL?

It always ends up the same arguement....
Manly fans who choose to be positive VS Manly fans who choose to blame the club, coach, players or admin.

Why on earth any Manly supporter would choose to attack the footy manager for his choices is beyond me.... If it's that easy - hand in your resume and take over. If not, shut it and support the club.

Everywhere ... I can read anti Manly stuff - imo, it certainly shouldn't be on the Manly supporters forum. Those "supporters" that want to give their criticism about what they dislike about Manly - perhaps do it on another site. It's not constructive at all. In fact it's the complete opposite.

Perhaps the issue with our 13th place is the supporters?.....No one would draw on the "supporters" forum for "support". Seems more like a "put the club down" forum site.

I'm sure to receive a few (guessing 9...?) "dummy spit" responses from those that enjoy attacking their club - but so be it.

Manly will be better in 2017. I'll enjoy that.
The same old bunch of sooks on this forum will be complaining about something...whiteanting their own club and telling everyone their entitled to do so cause they've supported the club for longer and everyone should respect them :)
Those negative comments are what gives us something to talk about and the people sending it obviously give their positive comments as well as they are also manly fans. Most of these harsh comments are the truth and gives us a better understanding of what other manly fans think and of what is happening at manly. I am one of those people with both the negative and the positive comments but usually put them both in the same comment to even it out.

I think we need to get things in perspective here.

1. Fulton took over a Manly club well on the slide. Our championship side was at its end, we'd just been through Board room chaos, the mess over DCE and Foran, a new coach with no first grade experience, an injury rate unheard of in Manly's past. I think he blundered with Gutho, but he did get Miles, Taupau, T. Wright, Walker, Parcell, Api in short time, and saved us from losing DCE. Not saying he's perfect and he's made mistakes but he's started a new generation, something that seemed unlikely before he took over.

2. I am yet to hear a definite statement that Knight is off to SC. We went through this before and it turned into fantasy. One report is that its in fact another Manly player who is being signed by the Roosters. I certainly dont want him to go but lets wait to see if its true before criticising.

3.When Gould took over Penrith, for a year or two there was similar criticism that Fulton is now getting. Check Penrith and their junior development etc now.

4. Barrett is in his first year as coach and yes he's done some what seem questionable selection blunders, but its his first year. Dessie was no better in his first coaching year.He deserves a second year to see if improvement can be made.

5. There's a lot of criticism regarding who Manly are chasing and that it speaks of poor recruitment. But most of it is paper talk. Until they're signed we cant judge because we dont know what is happening behind the scenes

I dont think either Barrett or Fulton are the Great Manly Messiahs. But I also dont think they are naughty boys. They have Manly's success at heart so lets give them the chance to show if they can produce the goods. But lets be patient about it.

Manly fans who choose to be positive VS Manly fans who choose to blame the club, coach, players or admin.

Why on earth any Manly supporter would choose to attack the footy manager for his choices is beyond me.... If it's that easy - hand in your resume and take over. If not, shut it and support the club.

Everywhere ... I can read anti Manly stuff - imo, it certainly shouldn't be on the Manly supporters forum. Those "supporters" that want to give their criticism about what they dislike about Manly - perhaps do it on another site. It's not constructive at all. In fact it's the complete opposite.

Perhaps the issue with our 13th place is the supporters?.....No one would draw on the "supporters" forum for "support". Seems more like a "put the club down" forum site.

I'm sure to receive a few (guessing 9...?) "dummy spit" responses from those that enjoy attacking their club - but so be it.

The same old bunch of sooks on this forum will be complaining about something...whiteanting their own club and telling everyone their entitled to do so cause they've supported the club for longer and everyone should respect them :)

Great post @Batty , made my day !!

I think we need to get things in perspective here.

1. Fulton took over a Manly club well on the slide. Our championship side was at its end, we'd just been through Board room chaos, the mess over DCE and Foran, a new coach with no first grade experience, an injury rate unheard of in Manly's past. I think he blundered with Gutho, but he did get Miles, Taupau, T. Wright, Walker, Parcell, Api in short time, and saved us from losing DCE. Not saying he's perfect and he's made mistakes but he's started a new generation, something that seemed unlikely before he took over.

2. I am yet to hear a definite statement that Knight is off to SC. We went through this before and it turned into fantasy. One report is that its in fact another Manly player who is being signed by the Roosters. I certainly dont want him to go but lets wait to see if its true before criticising.

3.When Gould took over Penrith, for a year or two there was similar criticism that Fulton is now getting. Check Penrith and their junior development etc now.

4. Barrett is in his first year as coach and yes he's done some what seem questionable selection blunders, but its his first year. Dessie was no better in his first coaching year.He deserves a second year to see if improvement can be made.

5. There's a lot of criticism regarding who Manly are chasing and that it speaks of poor recruitment. But most of it is paper talk. Until they're signed we cant judge because we dont know what is happening behind the scenes

I dont think either Barrett or Fulton are the Great Manly Messiahs. But I also dont think they are naughty boys. They have Manly's success at heart so lets give them the chance to show if they can produce the goods. But lets be patient about it.

And that one too @Bearfax , another well thought out post.

I don't mind the criticism or opposing views (people are entitled to be wrong) it is the abusive and repetitive nature of some I find pathetic.

There are people on this site that laud and hero worship players like Lyon, for being brilliant and a once in a decade type player, then insult and bag the sh1t out of a young kid for not being as good.

There must be a way to say I don't think he is a first grader without saying Fu.k him off, piss him off, he's ****i.g useless etc etc. It is the arrogant disrespect of our own that is almost parramattish.

Did they ever get that redevelopment of the Colloseum up? That place has a serious lack of corporate suites, so you can understand why they were thinking about moving to Homebush.
Dress codes pretty loose though.

That's what I like about silvertails .. I can post whilst sitting naked on my verandah and nobody complains. Well almost nobody.
Lol I was referring to the coliseum dress code Woodsie me old, but hey what you do in your own coliseum, .............
Hang loose !!!!

What the selling point was would make for a good story.

Bozo and Gus are mates from way back so who knows if he really did pull the wool over Bozo's eyes, but I go back to @Harvies elbow 's comments that if Gus thought so highly of Barrett's coaching, why was he happy enough to see him leave Penrith?
Gus would not stand in Barett's way when he had the opportunity to land a head coach job.

I don't mind the criticism or opposing views (people are entitled to be wrong) it is the abusive and repetitive nature of some I find pathetic.

There are people on this site that laud and hero worship players like Lyon, for being brilliant and a once in a decade type player, then insult and bag the sh1t out of a young kid for not being as good.

There must be a way to say I don't think he is a first grader without saying Fu.k him off, piss him off, he's ****i.g useless etc etc. It is the arrogant disrespect of our own that is almost parramattish.
I try not to criticize individual players but it can be hard when commenting on a game live. However, the coach is fair game anytime.

We had a horror season with injuries and we cant blame any one for that but what I am blowing up about is that Barrett stalled our season by persisting with the Clueless Walker at 5/8 . The fact is Barrett had no vision that Walker is no 5/8 as he proved that with the rabbits and Barrett had also no ability as a coach to improve Walkers game at 5/8 .
Barrett didn't pick Walker for SO

You wouldn't have a forum to post on if everyone was like "ohh I love Jamie Lyon", "ohh yeah Lyon is tops", "I love you Jamie", "Make love to us Jamie".

Barrett didn't pick Walker for SO

I think suiting a five eighth position is something that cant be taught, at least at first grade level. I believe it requires an innate ability. You could see players like Lyons, Alan Thompson, Lyon, Lewis, Mark Ella just seem to have that perception, positioning, and timing that I dont think can be taught. Its instinctive. Watching Green the other night, I could see he's got it. His timing of the pass was spot on.

Walker's skills are more individual. He's fast and evasive and in that sense he's a stand out. But he just hasnt got that timing sense that outstanding five eighths need. Canterbury are suffering the same issue with young Reynolds. A tough little competitor, but with the two Morris brothers and Hopoate outside him, their team should be scoring far more frequently. But he doesnt seem to have that timing and positional play skill to set them on their way.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7