Brad Parker the man!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Parker is the best defensive centre at Manly.

There is no luck in Parra going over the sideline 3 times on his side that was Parker setting up his man.

Daly slipping off when parra on the attack and Parker instinctively makes a Beaveresque tackle around the legs.

Attack is ok and will get better with time.

Personally would have started with him above Kelly however Kelly has been good as well.

Point to note we gave away well over 200 NRL tries in experience today.

Bloke on MMM reckons he looks like captain snooze. Yeah I can see it.
He put a few eels to bed with his defence so it should stick.
He was all over them.

Brad Parker.....
parker.JPG

Captain Kremmen.......
kremmen.JPG

Last edited:
Parker is a massive improvement on Wright. He has to be no.1 reserve option this year for the centres/wing (potentially even FB, but Hastings can cover that).

Defensively he is comfortably at NRL level. He goes alright in attack. Was caught a couple of times too close to the halves (most notably that DCE try), but its game 1 in the centres and he will improve.

Will be excellent cover until Walkz is fit and firing, as a fully fit walker is prob the best right centre in the league. But this gives him a little extra time to recover.

That has to go close to our best team. Walker is good and streets above parker, but has to be a close tie for Kelly and Parker. Parker can defend kelly obviously has a lot in attack.

Either way its a bloody good problem to have and Brown, Parker, Kelly, Hastings should be in a constant battle for a sport

Hastings was brilliant today, Still think he would make a great 6 but he really caused a lot of damage

Parker is a dependable first grader.
Kelly is hopefully a future superstar.

Always bet on the local junior. Go big red!

Maybe Dylan comes back through Blacktown and waits for an opportunity.

That has to go close to our best team. Walker is good and streets above parker, but has to be a close tie for Kelly and Parker. Parker can defend kelly obviously has a lot in attack.

Either way its a bloody good problem to have and Brown, Parker, Kelly, Hastings should be in a constant battle for a sport

Hastings was brilliant today, Still think he would make a great 6 but he really caused a lot of damage
Agreed with everything until you mentioned Brown being in contention for a spot. If anything, both Hastings and Parker’s performances today have marked Brown as excess to requirements. There would need to be a very serious injury crisis for Brown to be considered again for first grade.

Parker is a dependable first grader.
Kelly is hopefully a future superstar.

Always bet on the local junior. Go big red!

Maybe Dylan comes back through Blacktown and waits for an opportunity.
I’d be very surprised if Baz didn’t give him at least one week in Nsw Cup.

There's a lot about Kelly I like. Its more to do with what I think he'll become rather than what we see now. There is a lot of Jamie Lyon/Cliff Lyons in this kid...a natural footballer, a thinking footballer. There are some players who are deceptively clever, just seem to know how to make the right choices. They just seem to have more time than other footballers. Not saying he'll be as good as those two, but I can see the same elements, the same elements I saw in a young Cliff Lyons playing centre for Norths. They just look slick. He's deceptively fast, but isnt one to go all out on the one play. His evasive skills and his passing game are silky. His defence is improving. In a year or two if he keeps developing as I think he will, I see him becoming Manly's No 1 centre, or maybe 5/8. At present he's No 2 behind Walker.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8