Brett Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Should snake be allowed to have 2 more games at brookvale

• Yes

Votes: 54 74.0%
  • No

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I don't really care season is over

Votes: 13 17.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If he is fit and can contribute then play him. Tommy is the future but he needs work on his defence and positional play and none better in the game than Snake to teach him. Another year doing an apprenticeship under Brett and Tommy will be one of the best in the game. We all know he has the attack, if he can be as good as Brett in defence then he will usurp the Prince as the best since Wombat. But Snake has to be fit and firing, can't be a passenger like this year. I fear his heart probably isn't in it though, so we may have seen the last of the Prince of Brookvale unfortunately. It'll be pretty sad if we don't get to farewell our greatest ever try scorer with one last Brookie appearance

Snake needs to go he has been really poor in the last 2 years and has really had injuries catch up with him. Tom is a current superstar and is playing on one leg which imagine when he has 2! Tom needs to be fullback next year, if snake plays on we can't make the 8.

Future plans
Brett Stewart's agent, George Mimis, and Sea Eagles head honcho Bob Fulton will meet on Monday to sort out Stewart's future.

Stewart deserves to exit on his own terms. However, there is a belief at Manly that he has played his last game for the club. Stewart has a contract for next year and expects the deal to be honoured. There is no question that Manly will be expected to pay every cent that Stewart is owed.

Stewart is also realistic. He knows Tom Trbojevic is already one of the better fullbacks in the NRL and will one day be the NSW No.1. Trbojevic picked up the Eagles' best-and-fairest at their presentation night on Wednesday as Stewart watched on.

- Danny Weidler

Future plans
Brett Stewart's agent, George Mimis, and Sea Eagles head honcho Bob Fulton will meet on Monday to sort out Stewart's future.

Stewart deserves to exit on his own terms. However, there is a belief at Manly that he has played his last game for the club. Stewart has a contract for next year and expects the deal to be honoured. There is no question that Manly will be expected to pay every cent that Stewart is owed.

Stewart is also realistic. He knows Tom Trbojevic is already one of the better fullbacks in the NRL and will one day be the NSW No.1. Trbojevic picked up the Eagles' best-and-fairest at their presentation night on Wednesday as Stewart watched on.

- Danny Weidler
Is that a newsflash or something :whew::whew::whew:

If he is fit and can contribute then play him. Tommy is the future but he needs work on his defence and positional play and none better in the game than Snake to teach him. Another year doing an apprenticeship under Brett and Tommy will be one of the best in the game. We all know he has the attack, if he can be as good as Brett in defence then he will usurp the Prince as the best since Wombat. But Snake has to be fit and firing, can't be a passenger like this year. I fear his heart probably isn't in it though, so we may have seen the last of the Prince of Brookvale unfortunately. It'll be pretty sad if we don't get to farewell our greatest ever try scorer with one last Brookie appearance
You really think Brett is interested in teaching Tom full back play?

Offering multiyear contracts to players over 30 is a big risk. Even more so with Brett's knees. The extended contract was always bad business in my view. Unless they were planning a Parra-Watmough-style backending and retirement to benefit the cap.

I would love a miraculous recovery because he has been a legend for the club. But realistically I'm now resigned to there being no upside to Brett staying on the books next year. And between the Hayson association and the knees (and possibly attitude), there's huge potentials for downside.

Why would you retire when you have a years contract they have to pay. He'll sit on the bench rubbing his knee for half a mil.
Because if he can be medically retired (retired due to injury) then he can be paid in full and have it not included in our cap so we can use it on other signings.

The whole medical retirement thing is a complex convoluted insurance scam. So many clauses and outs involved.. Eg pre existing injuries and all that bs. So that's no guaranteed outcome. Brett's got bad knees and dodgy hammies and let's face it the days of him stretching out and really sprinting like the good old days are gone. These days he hits a hole, slows and looks for a faster forward in support lol I see him staying because I doubt even super league would be willing to take a risk with him. Pity we won't get much value on field from him in 2017 and if that's the case it's a 2 way street. Manly have been good to him too so hopefully he does mentor Tommy while he's still around in 2017. We need to get something for that big chunk out of our salary cap!

Well it seems to be he has the squirts with the club if you believe what is in the papers
That's because they are trying to push him out. I'd like to think that if he is fit and can carry his weight in the team and he gets picked that he would do whatever he could to help develop TT. Anyway it seems increasingly unlikely that we'll see Snake in the Maroon and White again

Offering multiyear contracts to players over 30 is a big risk. Even more so with Brett's knees. The extended contract was always bad business in my view. Unless they were planning a Parra-Watmough-style backending and retirement to benefit the cap.

I would love a miraculous recovery because he has been a legend for the club. But realistically I'm now resigned to there being no upside to Brett staying on the books next year. And between the Hayson association and the knees (and possibly attitude), there's huge potentials for downside.

I literally think Nate Myles is potentially the worst registered contract in the NRL today. Hate to say this, but closely followed by DCE's.

700 k for Brett Stewart next year is numero uno by a mile in terms of registered contracts .... Circumstances conspired against those who drafted the contact and the player who signed it unfortunately but in terms of value for money next year nothing even comes close .... At least Myles will run onto the field

I literally think Nate Myles is potentially the worst registered contract in the NRL today. Hate to say this, but closely followed by DCE's.
DCE is a talented player, no doubt. And we don't know how much of his contract is 3rd party versus cap. But imagine if we'd gone full out for up and comers like the Titans halves. We'd presumably have a better team, more flexibility (no-one signed for 8 years), more free cap, more upside potential, and wouldn't have paid overs for Nate.

If snakes on 700k nxt season i say we play him on the wing.. If he doesnt like it, play nsw cup...
No one will pick him up next season unless manly pay 90% of his contract..
I think the tigers are absolutely stupid for paying farrah 700k to play for another team, would be down right filthy if manly were to do the same...

I'd rather either of them then what the dogs got for trex at 600-650.

DCE is a talented player, no doubt. And we don't know how much of his contract is 3rd party versus cap. But imagine if we'd gone full out for up and comers like the Titans halves. We'd presumably have a better team, more flexibility (no-one signed for 8 years), more free cap, more upside potential, and wouldn't have paid overs for Nate.

Perfectly said. Man, I wish we had Ash Taylor.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2