Brookvale Oval to become Lottoland

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
“One of the main reasons we partnered with them is they are very keen to support an upgrade of Brookvale Oval.”

A development application put before Northern Beaches Council shows plans for the NRL club to build a $325,000, 85.5 long metre sign on the Pittwater Rd side of the oval

Wow an 85.5m sign, that's will be a massive upgrade for the Old Fortress.

“One of the main reasons we partnered with them is they are very keen to support an upgrade of Brookvale Oval.”

A development application put before Northern Beaches Council shows plans for the NRL club to build a $325,000, 85.5 long metre sign on the Pittwater Rd side of the oval

Have you seen the advertising signs at the back of the hill?

And Coco Joy have settled as well;

Manly have enjoyed a double financial win after settling their sponsorship dispute with Coco Joy and landing a naming rights stadium deal that secures the club's future on the northern beaches

In another significant boost to the bottom line, the Supreme Court dispute with FAL Healthy Beverages, the parent company of major sponsor Coco Joy, has been settled. While the terms remain confidential, it's understood the outcome has resulted in a significant settlement for the club.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...th-lottoland-sponsorship-20170202-gu4c6x.html
All good news, it would seem.
"Secures the club's future on the northern beaches" - that is a huge statement and one we feared we would never hear.
Remains to be seen, but certainly one of the most positive developments for years.

So I suppose its going to be called LottoLand Oval. Has a better ring than LottoLand Stadium.

I too am not a big fan of gambling in sport, but if the deal improves brookie than I can sympathise with that.

The Penns must really be desperate for money.
Selling out to a gambling company that causes financial pain for families is bad enough, but when all the filthy profits go overseas it's even worse. Yet we have this sickening quote from a club spokesperson:
"They are very community focused, they want to do a lot of activations with the community and charity partners."

Can't believe we would do this, need to keep the traditional names like all the other teams playing out of ANZ, Suncorp, AAMI park, Peppers, Toyota, 1300smiles, CGU etc

Manly have enjoyed a double financial win after settling their sponsorship dispute with Coco Joy and landing a naming rights stadium deal that secures the club's future on the northern beaches

In another significant boost to the bottom line, the Supreme Court dispute with FAL Healthy Beverages, the parent company of major sponsor Coco Joy, has been settled. While the terms remain confidential, it's understood the outcome has resulted in a significant settlement for the club.
If that was ruled in favour of the club, and Joe Kelly negotiated the deal with the council that gave way to the seven figure Lottoland deal, maybe he wasn't that **** after all...

Imagine having to sell out a tradition to keep something alive...kind of like what will happen if we all do not support the tipping comp (who knows what this place will be known as)

Get on board...if nothing else it will stop me hijacking every thread...

Indeed. Just imagine how many fans could perch atop the sign, counting cars on Pittwater Road. Whilst the game is underway (out of sight) behind their backs.

Its a business now and will take any cash they can .( Quote : Mark )
"We are just customers "and lottoland hoping they get more customers
Its not the first time they have taken Gambling money ,Centrebet was a jersey sponsor
Whether the argument is valid about tradition is always open . you could argue that the Pepsi sponsored years broke tradition with making the jersey look like a Pepsi can
End of the day its sponsorship money and you have to take what you can get in the modern game

Who cares what we are called, Lottoland is not so bad, paid us big coin, gave us sponsorship for the back of our jersey, got some coin out of Coco Joy, and we have $30 mil in promises with interest, thing are looking up! Add in our deal with the Blacktown Workers, sponsorship with URM, an exciting young roster, things could certainly be worse. I don't think we are far away from another decade of dominance, and return to being a powerhouse club once more. There are plenty of wins going our way, and we are staying at Brookie. All we need now is a bunch of wins on the field, and I recon its onwards and upwards for our great club.

That's interesting ..... did the club appeal the original SC decision ?? because they got dusted by FAL and costs were awarded against them in the original ruling by the court back in August. Maybe they settled confidentially on the amount of costs they had to pay and negotiated that down.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8