Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fulton. If this is true, then I'm amazed at your logic mate. I've always thought highly of you, but if you're part of this, then I'm wondering if you've lost it somewhere along the line. You dont let go your workers. Outside of Jake, Buhrer was the only forward to consistently put in this year. And you force him out? What on Earth are you thinking. Who is next to be shown the door. Tom T? Its about as logical. Gutherson dumb. Knight dumb. Now Buhrer? Dumb.
You're scaring me mate

Dont believe this crap for one minute. He was one of our best all year. No signs of his past injury slowing him down either. Dce only option 10m out from opposition line.

From Barry Toohey's article today:

"The possible player swap deal involving Knights winger Akuila Uate and Manly utility Jamie Buhrer is heating up.

Buhrer visited Newcastle during the week to meet with club officials and have a look around the city and is understood to have impressed with his leadership qualities."

UPDATE

I have been informed from a source connected to Penns that Jamie Buhrer is gone and was given the ultimatum if he stays he will be playing for Blacktown.

Both parties have agreed it is better for him to move on .

i am completely devastated
I'll believe it when I see it and at that moment I don't believe it. I really don't.

Last edited:
From Barry Toohey's article today:

"The possible player swap deal involving Knights winger Akuila Uate and Manly utility Jamie Buhrer is heating up.

Buhrer visited Newcastle during the week to meet with club officials and have a look around the city and is understood to have impressed with his leadership qualities."
I have heard of Toovey but who is Toohey ?

UPDATE

I have been informed from a source connected to Penns that Jamie Buhrer is gone and was given the ultimatum if he stays he will be playing for Blacktown.

Both parties have agreed it is better for him to move on .

i am completely devastated
If this does indeed happen they can't be forgiven, what the **** is going on! He's played week in week out with his everything for us, he's the heart of the side and if we want to rebuild to what we were we'd need people like him, people who care about manly, people that will put their body on the line just so we win.

Somebody's making calls that aren't benefiting manly or the fans, they are making calls to benefit their selfish selves

What a ****ing joke, this is disgraceful :heartbreak:

I guess Buhrer would get pretty good money if he chooses to go to the Knights but it's a bit of a kick in the guts if he's been blatantly pushed out.

I guess Buhrer would get pretty good money if he chooses to go to the Knights but it's a bit of a kick in the guts if he's been blatantly pushed out.
What ever they do they will be accountable in the results driven business . Is the coach looking for another type of back rower to compliment his new team ?
Who knows . All we know is that the pressure for results is on after a wasted 2016 season .

What ever they do they will be accountable in the results driven business . Is the coach looking for another type of back rower to compliment his new team ?
Who knows . All we know is that the pressure for results is on after a wasted 2016 season .

It's not the coach pushing him out mate. His opinion of Buhrer is known publicly to be extremely high.

I don't want to keep harping on about this because it all seems so obvious, but even if Buhrer wasn't such a quality footballer, why on Earth would we be looking to shift a player who is so popular with teammates and fans? He's also one of Cherry's best friends and, on the evidence of this season, pretty much the only player in the current squad who understands and complements Cherry's game.
I wonder if it's got anything to do with his partner having once been employed by the club. (I'm just assuming here that she no longer is, seeing as though everybody else seems to have been given their marching orders since the Penns took control and started liquidating their innumerable "enemies"…)

Honest question. What exactly is it you think Bob Fulton does in his position at head of football? And what accountability do you think he has?

Barrett elevated Buhrer to co-captain and he has been one of our best performers. I struggle to believe that he would want him gone.

Again, I am still hoping this is not true.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8