Chee Kam

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
BOZO said:
lsz said:
Just wondering how old BJ was when he settled in at Manly...point being some forwards (or players) take longer than others

Yes he might not be a world beater but I am not sure you can call time on him already.

From wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glenn_Stewart)

"Between 2003 and 2006, Stewart only played 19 games for the Sea Eagles, often finding himself in their NSW Cup side due to the presence of established back rowers Ben Kennedy, Anthony Watmough, Luke Williamson, and Manly club legend Steve "Beaver" Menzies. With Kennedy's retirement from playing at the end of the 2006 NRL season, coach Des Hasler gave "Gifty" his chance to cement a first grade place in the team from 2007. He grabbed the opportunity with both hands, playing 26 games for the season, mostly in the second-row."

In other words it took him 3 years to find his feet. Maybe, just maybe in this instant gratification world we would be better off giving players some time...even just the lenght of their contract
Instant gratification ? The guy has been with us for 2 years feathered friend and he has done fck all in NSW cup LOL

From memory he was signed on 250k per season, I could be wrong.... But if correct that's a huge waste to this point.

I heard 150k

And he is a kid, and unless you have been living under a rock for the past 10 years (especially with forwards) you can see we are not a club that believes in rushing players

But yes let's jusge him on what he does in a team that gets flogged most weeks...

Some of our best ever players have been hammered by fans before they finally became converts. Can't get the search function into action just now to dig up some old threads, but there were definitely many, many, Gifty doubters before he had his breakout season - which was his 5th season in first grade. Too small, too light, no impact, doubting Thomases on every street corner.

lsz said:
I heard 150k

And he is a kid, and unless you have been living under a rock for the past 10 years (especially with forwards) you can see we are not a club that believes in rushing players

But yes let's jusge him on what he does in a team that gets flogged most weeks...
We have given our assessment on Chee Kam by going to NSW cup games and seeing him play and not by lying under a rock on the weekends . Players like Hodges and Blair are stand outs in our NSW cup team and Kam does not play above NSW cup level and apart from his height he does not stand out at all .
I don't like seeing players that play for us fail and I also don't like seeing 150k a season go to waste

BOZO said:
Pepi said:
Glenn Stewart might have made his debut in 04 but didn't play regular first grade footy until 07. Cuthbo and Willow were ahead in the pecking order as well.
Fact is Glenn at 20 played more first grade games and showed much more ability than Chee Kam . Another fact is Chee Kam has been very ordinary as well .

you have to be kidding, Glenn was only here to keep Brett happy and only got a sniff of first grade due to our poor depth at the time.

He was the worst 20 gamer to ever play for Australia. He was way too small for first grade and if he didn't have a bit of ball playing ability would never have made game 1. Luckily for him and us the penny dropped and he chucked on about 10kg into 2007 and surprised everyone.

Fluffy said:
BOZO said:
Pepi said:
Glenn Stewart might have made his debut in 04 but didn't play regular first grade footy until 07. Cuthbo and Willow were ahead in the pecking order as well.
Fact is Glenn at 20 played more first grade games and showed much more ability than Chee Kam . Another fact is Chee Kam has been very ordinary as well .

you have to be kidding, Glenn was only here to keep Brett happy and only got a sniff of first grade due to our poor depth at the time.

He was the worst 20 gamer to ever play for Australia. He was way too small for first grade and if he didn't have a bit of ball playing ability would never have made game 1. Luckily for him and us the penny dropped and he chucked on about 10kg into 2007 and surprised everyone.
The difference as you say is the young Gift did show his ball playing ability but the young Kam at 189cm and 102 kg ( Glenn at his peak 180cm and 100kg) has shown us nothing in two seasons
We will agree to disagree and hope that Kam can produce something special in his last year of his contract
Merry Christmas feathered friend :)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Some of our best ever players have been hammered by fans before they finally became converts. Can't get the search function into action just now to dig up some old threads, but there were definitely many, many, Gifty doubters before he had his breakout season - which was his 5th season in first grade. Too small, too light, no impact, doubting Thomases on every street corner.

That is one thing that never changed about Glenn. He was always highly suspicious of Thomases. Still is I hear.

If the manly staff see fit to offer him another contract ill be sweet with that. i respect there opinion. They are not in the business of paying under performers.

BOZO said:
lsz said:
I heard 150k

We have given our assessment on Chee Kam by going to NSW cup games and seeing him play and not by lying under a rock on the weekends . Players like Hodges and Blair are stand outs in our NSW cup team and Kam does not play above NSW cup level and apart from his height he does not stand out at all .
I don't like seeing players that play for us fail and I also don't like seeing 150k a season go to waste

He did have a few stand out games and has shown more in his career so far than gift did. Not sure if he will make it but he has never looked fully fit.

We may as well get rid of Gutho and Hiku whilst we are at it as they were older than snake and hoppa jnr when they made their debut. Turbo jnr has to crack it this year or he is gone as well.

Fluffy said:
BOZO said:
lsz said:
I heard 150k

He did have a few stand out games and has shown more in his career so far than gift did. Not sure if he will make it but he has never looked fully fit.

We may as well get rid of Gutho and Hiku whilst we are at it as they were older than snake and hoppa jnr when they made their debut. Turbo jnr has to crack it this year or he is gone as well.
Lol, so get rid of hiku and Gutho..... At least they have made first grade, hiku a regular... Chee kam has done nothing, he will need a special season to be resigned... What's everyones thinking on him, seems strange he's moved he and done nothing..... Has he relaxed on his heels or do you think it's the staff in the lower grades around ........

Cher Kam better show everyone how happy he is we saved him from being coached by Sticky in 2015 or he can be damned to playunder Willo......F O R E V E R !

everytime he gets a run of games together he gets injured. Give him a break. I do think he needs to get some more NRL next season to get re-signed though.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2