Clean out and recruitment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
would take this squad: although would prefer a more experienced five eighth, giving smith and koroisau a chance to fight for it could pay off , and lets be honest is much more likely than signing a gun half..
1 trbojevic

2 taufua

3 walker

4 matai

5 bowen

6 smith

7 DCE

8 Trbojevic

9 parcell

10 asofa solomona

11 buhrer

12 taupau

13 fensom

14 myles

15 fonua blake

16 knight

17 vave

18 koroisau

19 lussick

20 bainbridge

21 williame

22 pratt

23 kelly

24 cust

25 ramien

26 meehan

I love Skivvi but he is past it and we need to move on. Also on Fensom like him as a player and wouldn't mind him with us but Vaughan is the one we should be after. And no more makeshift halves, bozo needs to bite the bullet and spend some more cash to get a quality half.

1.Trbojevic
2.Tafua
3.Walker
4.Bowen
5.Fusitu'a
6.Norman
7.Cherry-Evans(c)
8.Asofa-Solomona
9.Parcell
10.Fonua-Blake
11.Buhrer
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic(c)

14.Koroisau
15.Vaughan
16.Knight
17.Vave

18.Meehan
19.Wright
20.Myles
21.Brown
22.Parker
23.Bainbridge
24.Smith (can cover everywhere in the backline)
25.Lussick

Why put Solomona, Fusitua and Norman in there.Is it possible for you to make these YARTS relevant.

Storm are as much chance of letting Solomona go as I am of playing against the Panthers.He was a superstar as a junior Rugby player in Wellington and looks like he will repeat that in Rugby league. Fusitua is a star on the rise with no off field issues,the Warriors have no cap issues and wont be let go.

Norman is a grub and wants a million bucks which will only be provided by a club with access to TPAs so a million doesn't go under the cap.We cant afford to have 2 halves on a million;remember that was the issue last time.

We are a weak club financially because TPAs are virtually non existent,have a rookie coach and some brand issues.You talk as if BOZO just gets on the phone and superstar players just head to Manly.Bozo is no magic powerbroker.The guys he got this year all had issues.Walker with his overdose and was on the nose at Souths,Tapau wanted out and Myles wanted to return to Sydney for his wifes sake.

Vaughan is a log.

Last edited:
Why put Solomona, Fusitua and Norman in there.Is it possible for you to make these YARTS relevant.

Storm are as much chance of letting Solomona go as I am of playing against the Panthers.He was a superstar as a junior All Black and looks like he will repeat that in Rugby league. Fusitua is a star on the rise with no off field issues,the Warriors have no cap issues and wont be let go.

Norman is a grub and wants a million bucks which will only be provided by a club with access to TPAs so a million doesn't go under the cap.We cant afford to have 2 halves on a million;remember that was the issue last time.

We are a weak club financially because TPAs are virtually non existent,have a rookie coach and some brand issues.You talk as if BOZO just gets on the phone and superstar players just head to Manly.Bozo is no magic powerbroker.The guys he got this year all had issues.Walker with his pills and was on the nose at Souths,Tapau wanted out and Myles wanted to return to Sydney for his wifes sake.

Vaughan is a log.
Norman's a grub? We have 2 blokes on our books who have been sacked for domestic violence! Norman wasn't 800k we will find that easy. Everyone is leaving.
Starling
Lawrence
Mateo
Burgess
Symonds
John
Moltzen
Plus Lyon is gone which is 600k. And Stewart Is certain to leave along with Skivvi which gives us another million. I don't see why we can't get Norman?

Taking a risk on a 100k possible troublemaker like AFB and Meehan is credible if the club genuinely think these guys have changed.We were lucky to get rid of Foran and his garbage and now you want to take on a million dollar Eel who reeks of trouble.Totally different decision.

My main issue is with the other two. They are going nowhere so why put them in. Is there a player that hasn't featured in your YARTS.If you haven't noticed of late maybe we aren't the most attractive place for a recruit right now so try to keep it remotely credible.And if you think Brett will give up 650K a year then you have rocks in your head.No one will pay him half that next year...and the same goes with Stevie.At least if Shoulders plays a lot of games we will get value for money in 2017.

And Vaughan is still a log.

We will rebuild.Wright and Hynes have promise in the halves.Maybe Cust.Not a time to panic and f..ck the next decade.If we spend a million on a half I want a guy with all the boxes ticked on and off the field.

One guy we could look at to add some much needed punch, utilty value and second phase threat is Peachy but I have no idea about his contract status.They have so much talent coming through at that club it gives other sides a chance to look at some of their roster.

And Vaughan is still a log.

Last edited:
I think he means the Penrith utility back playing Reserve grade at the moment....lot of talent but maybe lacks size.So many good young'uns there it is hard to get a crack in first grade.

Last edited:
NO doubt a forward is needed - there's also a NZ youngster Lolahia who can play - is a mix of Morgan/Coote style fullback - 5/8 player who is deadly with the ball, good positionally & can actually tackle...did I mention not ridiculous value??
As for the Storm monster front rower - maybe worth doing an overs play they can't match...Cronulla done that when Andrew Fifita when was a rookie at $400,000 & now he is double that value - if they are certain future stars, why not....& Solomona is exactly that.
Have mentioned earlier Tyrone Peachey as an exceptional X Factor player - but for what we are lacking today, need stability first...leadership....just not many of those available....wait - what about Jake Trjobovic....there's our future leader.

Maxta Lolahia is already a star.Unbelieveable player.Best young back I have seen for a long time in terms of talent.He is their future and they couldn't possibly let him go.Johns was waxing lyrical about him on the weekend.Superstar was being thrown about and I agree. Wow if they could find some team culture I would hate to line up against Johnson TVS Fusitua Manu Kata and Lolahia.Absolute gold mine of talent.

Solomona has the NZ Super 15 clubs (with the All Blacks backing) chasing him as well.He was a freak at that game.Me thinks 400k wouldn't be in the ball park for a long term deal and Storm will shed players like they always do to keep the real good ones if they have to.

Another thing to note re recruitment is the 2018 salary cap and associated club grant is going up a lot with the next TV deal commencing but wont be quantified for a while so top line talent would be crazy to do anything really long term unless it is crazy money before the end of next season.

Last edited:
I love Skivvi but he is past it and we need to move on. Also on Fensom like him as a player and wouldn't mind him with us but Vaughan is the one we should be after. And no more makeshift halves, bozo needs to bite the bullet and spend some more cash to get a quality half.

1.Trbojevic
2.Tafua
3.Walker
4.Bowen
5.Fusitu'a
6.Norman
7.Cherry-Evans(c)
8.Asofa-Solomona
9.Parcell
10.Fonua-Blake
11.Buhrer
12.Taupau
13.Trbojevic(c)

14.Koroisau
15.Vaughan
16.Knight
17.Vave

18.Meehan
19.Wright
20.Myles
21.Brown
22.Parker
23.Bainbridge
24.Smith (can cover everywhere in the backline)
25.Lussick
don't think matais past it if im honest, has still played some good footy this year when hes on the paddock. id give him another year so that we at least have 2 or 3 experienced players for next year.. instead of losing all lyon stewart and matai. DCE Myles and matai exp players 2017. myles matai reitre end of 2017. Like the thought of fusitua as well, seems good, as well as bowen. Agree i would love Norman he is a gun but i wouldnt be having the highest of hopes of him coming here. The way i see him coming here is if the mdma thing escalates and he gets kicked out of squeels, then joins us. hopefully that will happen lols.

Next year's roster will be interesting. We have so many coming off contract and it should free up some dollars. we all know the team on our books is not who Bozo wanted.

We will get one or two big names.

What we really need to go with that, is the quality young players , and value cheapes.

Where we have failed is not getting quality kids like Kane Algy to sign, or a cheapie like Moltzen goes down as a fail.

I'd be attacking the riffs, donkeys and warriors young ranks.

Outside backs, the two Jennings boys have to struggle to find a spot or two at the riff. Trent you used to coach em.......

Our five eight needs to be solid or a young kid who is rocks and diamonds and we ride the wave.

Last edited:
Next year's roster will be interesting. We have so many coming off contract and it should free up some dollars. we all know the team on our books is not who Bozo wanted.

We will get one or two big names.

What we really need to go with that, is the quality young players , and value cheapes.

Where we have failed is not getting quality kids like Kane Algy to sign, or a cheapie like Moltzen goes down as a fail.

I'd be attacking the riffs, donkeys and warriors young ranks.

Outside backs, the two Jennings boys have to struggle to find a spot or two at the riff. Trent you used to coach em.......

Our five eight needs to be solid or a young kid who is rocks and diamonds and we ride the wave.
Ash taylor is one we should have tried way harder to get. He's very good at organising for such a young bloke less than 20 games in.

WTF is going on with recruitment?. We are letting competent players go (Symonds), going after slow hacks (Williams) and stand by while strike players such as Hurrell and other fair players like Elliot go to other clubs.
What about Segeyaro?
All this sitting on hands proves them overpaid office hacks are just that.
NYEagle

WTF is going on with recruitment?. We are letting competent players go (Symonds), going after slow hacks (Williams) and stand by while strike players such as Hurrell and other fair players like Elliot go to other clubs.
What about Segeyaro?
All this sitting on hands proves them overpaid office hacks are just that.
NYEagle
Agree with some of those points but we don't need Segeyaro.

Hastings is apparently out of favour at the roosters, he wouldn't be a terrible buy with the roosters paying a portion of the contract for a year

• 🤝
Reactions: Ned
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4