Clean out and recruitment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Considering all the crap that is going on right now with things like allegations of match fixing, Manly do not need to even be looking at recruiting a player like Corey Norman who has recently been linked to known criminals. And that's even before we get into his asking price which IMO is over-inflated.

In the short term we could use Api as a 5/8 alongside DCE while players like Hynes and Wright develop in the lower grades. Or we could use Isaac John provided he's fit.

That would also allow Manly to go after one thing we need which is a wide running power back rower. Kapow is ok in that role and would go better if he had a decent 5/8 on the left with him, but I'd rather see him at lock with Jake at prop (or vice versa).

The one I cannot understand us missing last year was Maloney. Seems we spoke to every half but him. Go figure.

• 🤝
Reactions: Rex
WTF is going on with recruitment?. We are letting competent players go (Symonds), going after slow hacks (Williams) and stand by while strike players such as Hurrell and other fair players like Elliot go to other clubs.
What about Segeyaro?
All this sitting on hands proves them overpaid office hacks are just that.
NYEagle
Seems like you have a bit if an itchy vagina at the moment. Me too ...... they are giving me the ****s

WTF is going on with recruitment?. We are letting competent players go (Symonds), going after slow hacks (Williams) and stand by while strike players such as Hurrell and other fair players like Elliot go to other clubs.
What about Segeyaro?
All this sitting on hands proves them overpaid office hacks are just that.
NYEagle

I would suggest that since the announcement that Lyon is retiring, plus the publicised names of players being let go at years end, Bozo does nothing all day other than field calls from every players manager here and England trying to sell their players.

The fact he doesn't snap up the first player released by another club is not indicative that he is not doing anything. Neither is the fact that he doesn't ring the newspapers everyday telling them who he is negoitating with.

My gut feel is he already has the players he wants, or is prepared to bide his time until they are available. He has been around too long to go at this like a kid in a candy store.

The one I cannot understand us missing last year was Maloney. Seems we spoke to every half but him. Go figure.
There was early speculation that we would but that was as far as it went.
The Manly way would have been to strike the squeels as soon as they signed foreskin by snaring Corey Norman. Then the titans by signing Sezer. But the Manly way wouldn't have lost our halves in the first place.

There was early speculation that we would but that was as far as it went.
The Manly way would have been to strike the squeels as soon as they signed foreskin by snaring Corey Norman. Then the titans by signing Sezer. But the Manly way wouldn't have lost our halves in the first place.
Losing Foran has been a blessing. He is an utter liability

I would suggest that since the announcement that Lyon is retiring, plus the publicised names of players being let go at years end, Bozo does nothing all day other than field calls from every players manager here and England trying to sell their players.

The fact he doesn't snap up the first player released by another club is not indicative that he is not doing anything. Neither is the fact that he doesn't ring the newspapers everyday telling them who he is negoitating with.

My gut feel is he already has the players he wants, or is prepared to bide his time until they are available. He has been around too long to go at this like a kid in a candy store.
Some say that Bozo gets every Player he wants. How's that going this year Bob?
If we survive this year there are no excuses for not playing finals in 2017.

@Mark from Brisbane and @susan I don't have the same doubts regarding recruitment. Players (the type we wish to attract) and players managers are a fairly astute bunch these days, and as the negative influences are either gorrn or going I don't see them being a factor. Manly is still a strong club, and a new sponsor will be found.

I think a lot of players with aspirations will see Manly as a club of opportunity given the clean out.

@Mark from Brisbane and @susan I don't have the same doubts regarding recruitment. Players (the type we wish to attract) and players managers are a fairly astute bunch these days, and as the negative influences are either gorrn or going I don't see them being a factor. Manly is still a strong club, and a new sponsor will be found.

I think a lot of players with aspirations will see Manly as a club of opportunity given the clean out.

Fingers crossed you are right, it will eventually be ok I guess.

We dont actually need to sign any good forwards besides depth players. We have knight, fonua blake, meehan( if he comes), taupau, J turbo, Vave and young bainbridge. This is a gun foward pack. Instead of buying players, we should be looking to resign these forwawrds on 4 year deals. We should only be looking for decent wingers like mead, or mansour, thats it. We have walker, brad parkrer and ramien for centres and T turbo for fullback. WIth either cust, hynes or tom wright at 5/8.

We dont actually need to sign any good forwards besides depth players. We have knight, fonua blake, meehan( if he comes), taupau, J turbo, Vave and young bainbridge. This is a gun foward pack. Instead of buying players, we should be looking to resign these forwawrds on 4 year deals. We should only be looking for decent wingers like mead, or mansour, thats it. We have walker, brad parkrer and ramien for centres and T turbo for fullback. WIth either cust, hynes or tom wright at 5/8.
The advantage of doing it that way is you develop players into your own culture. It just requires patience from the club and supporters alike. Means you also don't make any big signings from outside because you plowing your $ into upgrades. We did it in dessies time mostly. It's not a quick fix. But tell me we don't need patience with the one we have now!!!

Long term we should be ok Woodsie. Short term will be tough.

Players look at

1.Cash - It seems that many clubs can offer the same base contract as the NRL grant will equal the cap in 2018 and is not far off that now.We have hardly any access to TPA's like a lot of financially weak Sydney clubs and that is the real problem in attracting the very best for quite a few clubs going forward. This stuff doesn't help at all in that respect and until resolved it is unlikely anyone would even consider a TPA.

2.Coach - I am willing to give TB a while longer but I don't think anyone could say players will go to Manly because of the coach right now.

3 Prospects of winning a comp- probably a few years off but shouldn't be a big negative.Our history proves that.

4.Lifestyle- great ! Always an attraction.

But as we all know WINNING fixes all so we need some luck with injuries and a few young guys to make the step up. The core of a good side is there.

We need this **** to go away quickly to give us some clear air and I'm sure every supporter is sweating on that.

Of course all this is predicated on my base case that none of our players are involved in match fixing( I am worried but my gut tells me we didn't throw games).If our players did match fix I really fear for our club(even though the club itself could hardly be blamed other than allowing these clowns to hang around) as we will get zero help from anyone despite our long and great history.

Last edited:
Long term we should be ok Woodsie. Short term will be tough.

Players look at

1.Cash - It seems that many clubs can offer the same base contract as the NRL grant will equal the cap in 2018 and is not far off that now.We have hardly any access to TPA's like a lot of financially weak Sydney clubs and that is the real problem in attracting the very best for quite a few clubs going forward. This stuff doesn't help at all in that respect and until resolved it is unlikely anyone would even consider a TPA.

2.Coach - I am willing to give TB a while longer but I don't think anyone could say players will go to Manly because of the coach right now.

3 Prospects of winning a comp- probably a few years off but shouldn't be a big negative.Our history proves that.

4.Lifestyle- great ! Always an attraction.

But as we all know WINNING fixes all so we need some luck with injuries and a few young guys to make the step up. The core of a good side is there.

We need this **** to go away quickly to give us some clear air and I'm sure every supporter is sweating on that.

Of course all this is predicated on my base case that none of our players are involved in match fixing( I am worried but my gut tells me we didn't throw games).If our players did match fix I really fear for our club(even though the club itself could hardly be blamed other than allowing these clowns to hang around) as we will get zero help from anyone despite our long and great history.

1) Cash and TPA's always a problem but have enough for a few astute purchases.

2) Coach. Agree hasn't covered himself in glory, but if he is any sort of a student he has been given a PHD course in the vagaries of coaching in the first 13 weeks this year. Bozo can always promise them a rep jumper.

3) Prospects of winning a comp. Important, but realistically there are only 5/6 teams that could say with any certainty that they will be contenders in the next 2/3 years, and those teams already have strong rosters and should not be as active in the market. eg, Bronco's Cowboys sharks already have top 5/8's.

4) Lifestyle a given. (beaches, TAB's, friendly brothel owners etc.)

I still believe that if any thrown game accusations are proven the inner league community will see this as despicable acts by a couple of disgruntled or compremised individuals, not as something systemic to the club and therefor something to avoid. . (Of course the general public and Parra fans will blow up) I don't think even Greenslime can hold Manly accountable. (Did Bulldogs get fined or have sanctions imposed over the Tandy affair?)

And you are correct Susan, winning fixes everything.

Yes Woodsie...we need a WIN.

Surely the chocolate soldiers will melt in the Brookie sunshine but they rarely lay down these days so we will have our work cut out...1 through 6 looks so dangerous.

I think we are one solid 60-70 min front rower. Someone that bends the line and gets up quick. Tamou would have been perfect.

We are overdue, this comp is so even and Manly is not the worst, even our second string halves pose their own dangers, and one thing is for sure the players will be incredibly determined. As a tipster who has generally been on the front page of our tipping leader board* I confidently predict this is our match.

*grrrr!

That is pretty spot on, we just have to get them to kick on. Jake as captain shows the way.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8