Clean out and recruitment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
So who do you honestly think we'd be looking at, the list of players is growing thin! In my opinion we need to be looking at a second rower - matt gillet, Ethan Lowe, and an outside back - apparently David mead, we're going to need to be in the market for another outside back.

I would suggest that since the announcement that Lyon is retiring, plus the publicised names of players being let go at years end, Bozo does nothing all day other than field calls from every players manager here and England trying to sell their players.

The fact he doesn't snap up the first player released by another club is not indicative that he is not doing anything. Neither is the fact that he doesn't ring the newspapers everyday telling them who he is negoitating with.

My gut feel is he already has the players he wants, or is prepared to bide his time until they are available. He has been around too long to go at this like a kid in a candy store.
I hope you are right woodsie. But keep in mind I am thinking about recruitment for this year, or have they already quit?.
I thought being just one game out of the eight with 12 rounds to go that you are still in contention?.
Cheers,
NYEagle

So who do you honestly think we'd be looking at, the list of players is growing thin! In my opinion we need to be looking at a second rower - matt gillet, Ethan Lowe, and an outside back - apparently David mead, we're going to need to be in the market for another outside back.
If the club knows what they are doing we are going to be looking at a 5/8, a top line strike centre to partner Dylan walker, a solid winger and a good backrower or prop. But I have a feeling bozo already has an overpriced overrated out of from piece of .... on our books for 2017

If the club knows what they are doing we are going to be looking at a 5/8, a top line strike centre to partner Dylan walker, a solid winger and a good backrower or prop. But I have a feeling bozo already has an overpriced overrated out of from piece of .... on our books for 2017
We will use either cust, hynes or tom wright. We have either ramien or brad parker to partner walker. Agree with a solid winger but dont need forwards. We have very good 21 year olds that we need to resign asap.

We will use either cust, hynes or tom wright. We have either ramien or brad parker to partner walker. Agree with a solid winger but dont need forwards. We have very good 21 year olds that we need to resign asap.

I agree that there are hopes with Cust, Hynes, Wright, Ramien and Parker. As far as re signing our 21 year old forwards, I suspect that will be delayed until towards the end of 2017 and with the upgrading of the salary cap in mind. I suspect most players will delay re signing until then so they can get the best agreement.

I agree that there are hopes with Cust, Hynes, Wright, Ramien and Parker. As far as re signing our 21 year old forwards, I suspect that will be delayed until towards the end of 2017 and with the upgrading of the salary cap in mind. I suspect most players will delay re signing until then so they can get the best agreement.
Fonua blake, Liam Knight and meehan we need to resign whe their contracts end. I have high hopes for them to become future manly forwards that could be as dominant as cowboys pack

We have @mozgrame but unfortunately when sober he only tries to sell us broken down relatives of his missus, and when drunk he thinks Sam Backo is a good sort.

I've given up on Manly scouting in Qld. Maybe we don't have the cash to pay scouts (although I did say I'd do it for free), maybe we don't think it's worth the effort. How good would it have been to have Tim Glasby and Cameron Munster on our books at the moment? I suggested us to sign Munster years ago, when he was just starting at the Capras. no response. I told everyone to watch him in his first hit out for the storm at the nines. No interest. Plenty of Eddie Munster jokes though, LOL!

Hey, did anyone hear Joey Johns before the Storm game the other day? What did he proclaim so loudly and proudly? He praised Craig Bellamy for contracting bush footy players for little coin and turning them into superstars. Sound familiar??? Where did you get that idea from Joey? I just posted it last week, you troll. LOL!!

Here's a bit of juicy gossip/useless trivia. Did you know that in his playing days at Manly, very few of his team mates liked Bob Fulton? I know an old bloke up here named Bob Mulry and he reckons he knocked around with the Manly boys for a couple of years back in the day. If anyone is in contact with the old playing group, can you run the name Bob Mulry past them and PM me your findings? Much appreciated!

I've given up on Manly scouting in Qld. Maybe we don't have the cash to pay scouts (although I did say I'd do it for free), maybe we don't think it's worth the effort. How good would it have been to have Tim Glasby and Cameron Munster on our books at the moment? I suggested us to sign Munster years ago, when he was just starting at the Capras. no response. I told everyone to watch him in his first hit out for the storm at the nines. No interest. Plenty of Eddie Munster jokes though, LOL!

Hey, did anyone hear Joey Johns before the Storm game the other day? What did he proclaim so loudly and proudly? He praised Craig Bellamy for contracting bush footy players for little coin and turning them into superstars. Sound familiar??? Where did you get that idea from Joey? I just posted it last week, you troll. LOL!!

Here's a bit of juicy gossip/useless trivia. Did you know that in his playing days at Manly, very few of his team mates liked Bob Fulton? I know an old bloke up here named Bob Mulry and he reckons he knocked around with the Manly boys for a couple of years back in the day. If anyone is in contact with the old playing group, can you run the name Bob Mulry past them and PM me your findings? Much appreciated!

I've posted this before but I met a guy from CQ who was a scout for Dave Warwick, he was down meeting 2V & Steve Gigg, I imagine he's either gone with Warwick or been sacked like everyone else.

Giggy told me there was another one as well, based in Brisbane area.

I was introduced to the CQ guy but sorry can't remember the name.

I've posted this before but I met a guy from CQ who was a scout for Dave Warwick, he was down meeting 2V & Steve Gigg, I imagine he's either gone with Warwick or been sacked like everyone else.

Giggy told me there was another one as well, based in Brisbane area.

I was introduced to the CQ guy but sorry can't remember the name.

Cheers, Mark. In all honesty, I thought/think Anthony Seibold would have more than enough connections throughout CQ to unearth potential. It would just come down to the club having the foresight to commit. Perhaps they see it as too big of a gamble. It pays off at the storm though...

Cheers, Mark. In all honesty, I thought/think Anthony Seibold would have more than enough connections throughout CQ to unearth potential. It would just come down to the club having the foresight to commit. Perhaps they see it as too big of a gamble. It pays off at the storm though...

Well I guess we wait and see, if a few turn up we will probably know the source, if none they don't give a rats arse!

I should add they are a bit silly in not keeping their eyes open.

I've attended a few QCup games down here but regularly watch the game shown on Nein on Sunday arvo and there's some good kids running around.

I know most of them would cut their arms off to get a start with the Donks or Girls, but there's obviously more players than spots.

Oh well we shall see I guess.

They still don't like him.Not many ever have.

Yep, Bob Fulton is rare in Aus sport...a champion who is not admired. He has always lacked integrity.

Still my absolute favourite ever player but not a very nice person. Pretty sure that Igor and he didn't get on.

How pathetic are all these Non-Manly people at the club? And I include Rooster fulton and that disgusting fat slimey eel zorba peters in that group. Barrett is a nice guy but brain dead; Cartwright rightly loves Penrith and should be there; Seilbold is dumb; Williamson is also dumb; Nate Myles is easy picking as a slow and ineffective player; Lewis Brown-See Barrett; and Joe Kelly is a prize try hard dork, that has zero class. Fulton played for the Roosters, yet someone at the club was stupid enough to honour him with a stand. That however is not the worst thing associated to Fulton, more so is the fact that he allowed his son onto a field. And finally zorba peters....this fat coward uses his column in the Manly Daily to insult Sea Eagle fans. He likes to verbal people such as Darrell Williams, then in his typical weak form, runs to the law when Williams as a real man offers him a bout.

Lets replace Kelly the dork with either Bernie Gurr or Toovey/Jason King combo; Barrett with a Hasler/ Kelly Egan succession plan; dumb Williamson with Ballin/Kite and the blob zorba peters with a phone recorded message.

How pathetic are all these Non-Manly people at the club? And I include Rooster fulton and that disgusting fat slimey eel zorba peters in that group. Barrett is a nice guy but brain dead; Cartwright rightly loves Penrith and should be there; Seilbold is dumb; Williamson is also dumb; Nate Myles is easy picking as a slow and ineffective player; Lewis Brown-See Barrett; and Joe Kelly is a prize try hard dork, that has zero class. Fulton played for the Roosters, yet someone at the club was stupid enough to honour him with a stand. That however is not the worst thing associated to Fulton, more so is the fact that he allowed his son onto a field. And finally zorba peters....this fat coward uses his column in the Manly Daily to insult Sea Eagle fans. He likes to verbal people such as Darrell Williams, then in his typical weak form, runs to the law when Williams as a real man offers him a bout.

Lets replace Kelly the dork with either Bernie Gurr or Toovey/Jason King combo; Barrett with a Hasler/ Kelly Egan succession plan; dumb Williamson with Ballin/Kite and the blob zorba peters with a phone recorded message.

Mmm, I'd be guessing not a lot of love for the current set up, did you miss anyone??

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8