Clean out and recruitment

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Apparently tamou is definitely moving to Sydney but has 100% committed to Penrith. Would love him at manly
There are enough fools at the Manly club these days, why bring in another? Tamou, goofball that he is, whinged and carried on over having to pay $1,000 to receive his Australian citizenship. Another brain dead.

I wouldn't use that tub of lards voice. I am saying that his significance could be replaced with a phone message.
G'day all,I have posted many times my low opinion of the odious toady and thought i'd be hard pressed to find someone who had a lower opinion of him,but @marcjohnpsg judging by some of your posts I think you have me well and truly covered.
cheers mike

How pathetic are all these Non-Manly people at the club? And I include Rooster fulton and that disgusting fat slimey eel zorba peters in that group. Barrett is a nice guy but brain dead; Cartwright rightly loves Penrith and should be there; Seilbold is dumb; Williamson is also dumb; Nate Myles is easy picking as a slow and ineffective player; Lewis Brown-See Barrett; and Joe Kelly is a prize try hard dork, that has zero class. Fulton played for the Roosters, yet someone at the club was stupid enough to honour him with a stand. That however is not the worst thing associated to Fulton, more so is the fact that he allowed his son onto a field. And finally zorba peters....this fat coward uses his column in the Manly Daily to insult Sea Eagle fans. He likes to verbal people such as Darrell Williams, then in his typical weak form, runs to the law when Williams as a real man offers him a bout.

Lets replace Kelly the dork with either Bernie Gurr or Toovey/Jason King combo; Barrett with a Hasler/ Kelly Egan succession plan; dumb Williamson with Ballin/Kite and the blob zorba peters with a phone recorded message.
These posts never get boring. I mean they are right up there with the fantasy yarts which have a completely new team for next year

I've given up on Manly scouting in Qld. Maybe we don't have the cash to pay scouts (although I did say I'd do it for free), maybe we don't think it's worth the effort. How good would it have been to have Tim Glasby and Cameron Munster on our books at the moment? I suggested us to sign Munster years ago, when he was just starting at the Capras. no response. I told everyone to watch him in his first hit out for the storm at the nines. No interest. Plenty of Eddie Munster jokes though, LOL!

Hey, did anyone hear Joey Johns before the Storm game the other day? What did he proclaim so loudly and proudly? He praised Craig Bellamy for contracting bush footy players for little coin and turning them into superstars. Sound familiar??? Where did you get that idea from Joey? I just posted it last week, you troll. LOL!!

Here's a bit of juicy gossip/useless trivia. Did you know that in his playing days at Manly, very few of his team mates liked Bob Fulton? I know an old bloke up here named Bob Mulry and he reckons he knocked around with the Manly boys for a couple of years back in the day. If anyone is in contact with the old playing group, can you run the name Bob Mulry past them and PM me your findings? Much appreciated!
Moz.I remember reading a year or two back that clubs had dropped off recruiting queenslanders because of the drain of origin. May have something to do with us not going there anymore. Guess no more Shearers, Cunningham's or Danny Moore's etc etc.

Moz.I remember reading a year or two back that clubs had dropped off recruiting queenslanders because of the drain of origin. May have something to do with us not going there anymore. Guess no more Shearers, Cunningham's or Danny Moore's etc etc.

Cheers Harvie. Isn't that a ridiculous reason to not sign cheap talent? It doesn't seem to affect the storm at origin time too much, and they have provided the spine of the Qld side for years now. In fact, when their origin stars are away, they replace them with young blokes they've picked up on the cheap. Then Bellamy turns them into stars in their own right. I think we're doing it wrong.

Bloody head honcho's. They come up with some corkers at times don't they?

Sigh....

Cheers Harvie. Isn't that a ridiculous reason to not sign cheap talent? It doesn't seem to affect the storm at origin time too much, and they have provided the spine of the Qld side for years now. In fact, when their origin stars are away, they replace them with young blokes they've picked up on the cheap. Then Bellamy turns them into stars in their own right. I think we're doing it wrong.

Bloody head honcho's. They come up with some corkers at times don't they?

Sigh....
Our club is built on pride in our rep players mate. Plenty of Queenslanders involved in that, drain or no drain.

These posts never get boring. I mean they are right up there with the fantasy yarts which have a completely new team for next year
Agreed, I see the player recruitment drive posts as proof that a lot of us have not taken a lesson. Look at the actions of master blues selector Rooster fulton, in his job over the past year at Manly. I go for accurate, so I am pleased to entertain in that.

It's easy to identify proven talent and claim that we should recruit them. But just look at the players we recruited this year.
Which one has proven to be the best? Unquestionably the least known and probably the cheapest: Matt Parcell.
The skill in recruitment is looking for potential before they become household names. So, the players who will influence our future are probably now playing Holden Cup or Under age football.
We don't know them, yet. Hopefully our recruitment scouts do.

It's easy to identify proven talent and claim that we should recruit them. But just look at the players we recruited this year.
Which one has proven to be the best? Unquestionably the least known and probably the cheapest: Matt Parcell.
The skill in recruitment is looking for potential before they become household names. So, the players who will influence our future are probably now playing Holden Cup or Under age football.
We don't know them, yet. Hopefully our recruitment scouts do.

Do we actually have scouts, or just Bozo's son masquerading as one?

I am looking forward to this years clean out and recruitment as last years was such a success.

Maybe we can sign Dan ferris to a 10 year contract at $1.5m a year as the team is so much fitter, faster and stronger than last year under Donny.

Last edited:
I think 1 mil a season is a decent price for Hayne. If he wants more it would only be a a couple more 100k. It could be worked around to fit him in. We need a player that will bring spark and creativity. We need Hayne
No tommy t to full back

I've given up on Manly scouting in Qld. Maybe we don't have the cash to pay scouts (although I did say I'd do it for free), maybe we don't think it's worth the effort. How good would it have been to have Tim Glasby and Cameron Munster on our books at the moment? I suggested us to sign Munster years ago, when he was just starting at the Capras. no response. I told everyone to watch him in his first hit out for the storm at the nines. No interest. Plenty of Eddie Munster jokes though, LOL!

Hey, did anyone hear Joey Johns before the Storm game the other day? What did he proclaim so loudly and proudly? He praised Craig Bellamy for contracting bush footy players for little coin and turning them into superstars. Sound familiar??? Where did you get that idea from Joey? I just posted it last week, you troll. LOL!!

Here's a bit of juicy gossip/useless trivia. Did you know that in his playing days at Manly, very few of his team mates liked Bob Fulton? I know an old bloke up here named Bob Mulry and he reckons he knocked around with the Manly boys for a couple of years back in the day. If anyone is in contact with the old playing group, can you run the name Bob Mulry past them and PM me your findings? Much appreciated!

2 Heads are better than 1 Mate . I actually know a Bob Mulry From Rockhampton. Im From Central Queensland

Cheers, Mark. In all honesty, I thought/think Anthony Seibold would have more than enough connections throughout CQ to unearth potential. It would just come down to the club having the foresight to commit. Perhaps they see it as too big of a gamble. It pays off at the storm though...

I hopes Siebs Isnt using his brother as a connection, I Co Coached him in Under 19s and he couldnt make our best 17

There are enough fools at the Manly club these days, why bring in another? Tamou, goofball that he is, whinged and carried on over having to pay $1,000 to receive his Australian citizenship. Another brain dead.
And he looks brain dead, especially wears one of those ball caps off-centre.

And look at his lips. Did his mum rub herself up against an Easter Island statue, or did Daffy Duck pop around one night for a nookie?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8